Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

krudler wrote: »
    Good stuff, so it's not just like one area or anything.

definitely worth it. 4 good bosses, some new enemies and a great humanity farming area.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Got it there, watch it go on sale now tomorrow or something :pac:

Merry Christmas to all you humanity farming, boss slaying, jolly cooperating filthy animals

Feckin' knew it: http://www.hmv.ie/big-sale/games-price-drop/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition-ps3.html

Ah well least buying the dlc meant I didn't have to start all over again since saves done work with the PTD edition from your normal one

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

42 Vitality, 44 Endurance, 42 Dexterity, 37 Strength, +14 Claymore, Havel's Set and some jolly cooperation with Solaire.

Where is your God now, Smough & Ornstein?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Hit the wall with Artorias on NG+. Finding it more frustrating than Manus strangely enough :(
    How long is the dlc out of interest? few hours? bearing in mind I'm expecting Artorius to kick the bejesus out of me.
    Depends on how much you put into it really - there are 4 bosses, one of whom comes back as a double team, a really popular PvP spot and a few other areas, best dark magic in the game is also obtainable here (and believe me, Pursuers is just crushingly overpowered). The bosses are tough though. First playthrough, Guardian/Artorias I found and Kalameet I eventually got after a few tries (the tail is bloody hard to cut off though), but Manus...holy hell that's a boss and a half. I reckon I spent at least 5 hours of attempts trying to kill him. It's worth getting, long story short.

Started it last night, it's fun playing totally new areas when so much of the game is familiar by now. Kalameet made me jump on the bridge i was running across and there he was just like the red wyvern way back. The guardian was a cool boss aside from that spammy lightning attack

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Depends on how much you put into it really - there are 4 bosses, one of whom comes back as a double team, a really popular PvP spot and a few other areas, best dark magic in the game is also obtainable here (and believe me, Pursuers is just crushingly overpowered). The bosses are tough though. First playthrough, Guardian/Artorias I found and Kalameet I eventually got after a few tries (the tail is bloody hard to cut off though), but Manus...holy hell that's a boss and a half. I reckon I spent at least 5 hours of attempts trying to kill him. It's worth getting, long story short.

Is that the set aside area or the area around the bonfire after Artorias?

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Icaras wrote: »
    Is that the set aside area or the area around the bonfire after Artorias?

Yeah, the bonfire is pretty active while the arena is mostly dead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really wanna give this game a go,5.99 On steam atm,Think I'll just get it on console though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Really wanna give this game a go,5.99 On steam atm,Think I'll just get it on console though.

here_comes_a_new_challenger.png

Do, it's amazing.

I jumped back into an old dex build and got myself a Balder sword, sweet jesus, roll roll roll stab stab aaand they're dead. Being able to run at full pelt for ages is great, takes forever to get anywhere in heavy armor in the heavy builds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

here_comes_a_new_challenger.png

:-D

Do, it's amazing.

I jumped back into an old dex build and got myself a Balder sword, sweet jesus, roll roll roll stab stab aaand they're dead. Being able to run at full pelt for ages is great, takes forever to get anywhere in heavy armor in the heavy builds.

Is there new loot everytime you play?like in diablo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it depends

diff enemies drop diff things, some dont drop anything at all and some drops are very rare

the balder side sword (****ing best ****ing sword in the ****ing game) is a very rare drop.
    hollow soldier armour is so common you'll groan every time you pick one up as you'll have to navigate through the inventory at some point to drop it or store it in your bottomless chest of ignoring useless items

it depends

diff enemies drop diff things, some dont drop anything at all and some drops are very rare

the balder side sword (****ing best ****ing sword in the ****ing game) is a very rare drop.
    hollow soldier armour is so common you'll groan every time you pick one up as you'll have to navigate through the inventory at some point to drop it or store it in your bottomless chest of ignoring useless items

I never bother picking up anything from hollows anymore, it's always crap except the odd humanity, always wind up doing a huge clearout of gear I'll never use purely to save time scrolling through it, do I need a half dozen hollow shields? nope.

Is there new loot everytime you play?like in diablo?

Not every enemy drops stuff but you can affect it, being human, having high humanity (that'll make sense when you play) and there's a ring you can get which all boosts item discovery from enemies. And there's tons of stuff littered around the place.

Really it depends on how you want to play, and to be honest your first playthrough of Dark Souls is basically a practice run, you'll miss loads of stuff, spend hours in areas you can do in minutes on later playthroughs. Like now I have a character at about 4hrs playtime where I have more than what I had at 30hrs the first time.

being human doesnt actually affect it :)

being human doesnt actually affect it :)

I thought it did? always seem to get more stuff when I have a good bit of humanity on me even without the serpent ring, could be a coincidence too ha.

Anyhoo, this dex build, it's the job, at first I prefered being able to just hammer enemies in one hit with a Zwei or something. but dodging like a mofo then watching the damage go up with sword swipes is fun. have the Uchi at +10 and the BSS at +5 so far and both are the tits. I must make Queelag's sword as well.

throw that BSS up to +10, the dex scaling is incredible. although maybe that doesnt go nuts until 15

yeah holding humanity affects item discovery but being human doesn't. and afaik holding humanity only affects it up to 10 humanity

• Advertisement

At first I thought the damage was taking the piss, barely hp off the snake guys in Sen's Fortress, then I realised it was all about hitting them over and over, watching it fly up into the hundreds. with the grass shield, cloranthy ring and light armor, wheeeee.

I attempted a speedrun through Sen's and made it all the way to the bonfire in one go woohoo. Dark Souls really is a spiritual successor to those 8bit games where muscle memory and patterns all come into play when it comes to an area like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Is Artortias Greatsword a viable end game weapon for a STR/FAI build?

Was breezing through NG+, then I came up against Artorias.

Bloody hell....

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

The Artorias fight is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Finished it the other night, Gwyn was a joy.

Beat Artorias, thank God. It was tense, I needed one hit to kill him and one hit would've killed me.

I had plenty of Estus flasks but no way was I going to use one. He had already killed me numerous times when I tried to heal in previous attempts, so I had bide my time. He did 3 of those somersault slashes and then boom, stabbed him in the back and that was it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Was breezing through NG+, then I came up against Artorias.

Bloody hell....
    I know how you feel... Are you on PC? Coop it?

Can't man, i'm on PS3.

I know
    Sif is only a pup
    in the Manus fight but come on, he can try a little harder!

what the hell was
    artorias
    doing bringing him along, he was that ****ing useless

• Advertisement

He's a good distraction. That battle is ferociously hard, especially without the
    pendant that protects magic
    . Took me easily 5 hours worth of attempts to finally kill him. I'm honestly not sure if I even want to bother with him on NG+, bar getting his soul again.

I just can't with Artorias on NG+. I loved the battle in NG, it was challenging but really fun. this time around though he has so much HP...and can floor me in 1-2 hits when he's powered up and I don't cancel his buff in time.

I'm worried there won't be a way for me to check if Dark Souls 2 will run on my laptop before release! Do you think they'll have any sort of demo?

Advertisement