Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

J. Marston wrote: »
    I'm wearing Havel's set and I can move quickly.

I am a nimble tank.

I decided to see how I'd fare against O&S hollow last night since being invaded so much robbed all my humanity and I couldnt be arsed going to farm more, I want Ornstein's armour so went after Smough first, I actually didn't do too bad and killed him then Super Ornstein kicked my ass.
    I think I'll bump up my magic enough so I can use a few spells like power within and that iron sweat one and then go after them. It is fun just standing there absorbing hits, I hit Smough with that huge dragon sword and it took an absolute ton of health off him, pity you can only get a few swings out of it before it breaks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

krudler wrote: »
    I decided to see how I'd fare against O&S hollow last night since being invaded so much robbed all my humanity and I couldnt be arsed going to farm more, I want Ornstein's armour so went after Smough first, I actually didn't do too bad and killed him then Super Ornstein kicked my ass.
    I think I'll bump up my magic enough so I can use a few spells like power within and that iron sweat one and then go after them. It is fun just standing there absorbing hits, I hit Smough with that huge dragon sword and it took an absolute ton of health off him, pity you can only get a few swings out of it before it breaks though.

You don't need to up any stats to use pyromancies. Just attunement for one or two slots should do.

Woohoo beat Lautrec, I just ran up the stairs and shot the other guys with arrows to aggro them and them did a jumping heavy attack as they came after me, took them both out in one hit each. Lautrec was a bit slippery and his attacks hit pretty hard, 5 humanity for beating him though time for some jolly cooperation against Pikachu and Snorlax.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I actually did nothing with covenants in the first game. Don't feel like I missed out on anything either.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I actually did nothing with covenants in the first game. Don't feel like I missed out on anything either.

You missed all the jolly co-operation. Best part of the game.

• Advertisement

Tommy_NDX wrote: »
    To be honest, more of the same will do me just fine. Or just improved covenants and matchmaking.

the convenants thing yeah, it's not very clear what being in a particular one does. or at least tell you what you'll lose by abandoning your previous one. Like even at the very beginning when you meet the guy who sells miracles, if you join that covenant it says you'll be abandoning your previous one if I remember right, but you havent even had a previous one at that stage so it get confusing you're not sure what it is you're abandoning.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's certain spells,miracles and pyromancies you can only get through covenants. Some of the covenants also allow you to invade without sinning, plus a certain covenant also leads to the only way to save Solaire.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's certain spells,miracles and pyromancies you can only get through covenants. Some of the covenants also allow you to invade without sinning, plus a certain covenant also leads to the only way to save Solaire.

He can be saved without the covenant. ;)

I must check the wiki to see how I go about saving Solair and Siegmeyer, I wanna see what happens them so will stick to whatever I need to do. The dlc only unlocks after you get the lordvessel right?

I must check the wiki to see how I go about saving Solair and Siegmeyer, I wanna see what happens them so will stick to whatever I need to do. The dlc only unlocks after you get the lordvessel right?

Yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Yeah, you need to be able to access the Duke's Archives

More precise directions:
    It's inside a golem at the entrance to the main library.

Yep.

Even more reason to take on O&S, I might do the Painted World first though just for easy soul farming and the Bloodshield is dead handy to have

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So all that farming rats in the depths was for nothing? Bah! At least I got firestorm out of it too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Wait, wait, wait...the Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition comes with the DLC?

I have that on ps3, does that mean I haz DLC? :o

Wait, wait, wait...the Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition comes with the DLC?

I have that on ps3, does that mean I haz DLC? :o

Yus!

Yus!

Wow, well I feel very stupid right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how?

i thought you needed the humanity to feed herself to open that shortcut and kill the bug.. how do you kill the bug without the shortcut?

Wow, well I feel very stupid right now.

Did you buy it again? I'd feel like I'd just won the lottery if I was you. Haven't got around to nabbing the DLC yet myself.

how?

i thought you needed the humanity to feed herself to open that shortcut and kill the bug.. how do you kill the bug without the shortcut?
    Use poison/toxic mist through the closed door to kill the bug

Did you buy it again? I'd feel like I'd just won the lottery if I was you. Haven't got around to nabbing the DLC yet myself.

I was just about to buy it on the PSN store when I said I would ask here just to be safe.

Xmas has come early!!!

• Advertisement

Use poison/toxic mist through the closed door to kill the bug

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

How long is the dlc out of interest? few hours? bearing in mind I'm expecting Artorius to kick the bejesus out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I picked this up a few days ago and am approaching with an air of apprehension. I haven't gamed properly in months and i'll probably get exposed considering how difficult this is supposed to be. I don't know if I should try a few others first to get back in the "gaming" mindset or just jump straight in.

I picked this up a few days ago and am approaching with an air of apprehension. I haven't gamed properly in months and i'll probably get exposed considering how difficult this is supposed to be. I don't know if I should try a few others first to get back in the "gaming" mindset or just jump straight in.

Jump in! the water is warm.

and toxic. bring moss.

Which Covenants give you the best stuff for PVE?

Doing a strength build but may put a little into Faith or Intelligence to use one or two spells.

How long is the dlc out of interest? few hours? bearing in mind I'm expecting Artorius to kick the bejesus out of me.

it's long enough tbh. even if you were running through it OP like a god it'd take you a not inconsiderable amount of time
    and they're good areas too, stuff to look at and interesting fights/locations

it's long enough tbh. even if you were running through it OP like a god it'd take you a not inconsiderable amount of time

Take on Artorias and Kalameet alone and it'll last for weeks. :p

Which Covenants give you the best stuff for PVE?

Doing a strength build but may put a little into Faith or Intelligence to use one or two spells.

Sunlight warriors and Gravelord Servants give offensive miracles that you don't need to stay in the covenant to use. For a strength faith mix I'd probably go sunlight warriors and get one of the weapon buff miracles from Anor Londo.

Good stuff, so it's not just like one area or anything.

• Advertisement

Good stuff, so it's not just like one area or anything.

4-5 areas I think..

Advertisement