Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,260 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Pretty common hack nowadays, hope you have a backup save

Nope. Had to start again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Ordered the prepare to die edition of this today on 360, is it really stupid to go into this totally blind? From some of the posts I've read here it seems like it's far from a cake walk.

Ordered the prepare to die edition of this today on 360, is it really stupid to go into this totally blind? From some of the posts I've read here it seems like it's far from a cake walk.

This game is nuts tough. But so so worth it. You won't regret it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

For me at least its one of the few games where its more rewarding to use guides rather than going in blind, there's so much you'd miss out on and you'd likely build a terrible character without some kind of guide. This thread is great as well, just give an idea of where you are in the game and you'll get plenty of tips and ideas on what you should be doing.

Its not a hard game really, just requires a bit of time to get to grips with, the more you play the more rewarding and deep the gameplay becomes
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    On my first play through I didn't get why people used to complain about the archers in Anor Londo. I ran up the rampart rushed each of them and they both fell to their deaths when they tried to draw their swords. In NG+ it took me ages to get by them.

Same happened to me, I didn't even know there was a fuss over them first time round and breezed through it first time. Same with the Stray Demon, I fell into the hole, rushed at him and killed him in about 20 seconds without taking a hit, checked the internet and realised he was meant to be one of the harder bosses!

Fighting Lautrec in Anor Londo on the other hand :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

IMO, it's better to play the game blind and figure it out for yourself on your first playthrough. If you need any help or get stuck ask in here and we'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction. There's no doubt you'll want to play it again once you're finished and that's when you really start to figure the game out and get into the lore/better character builds/routes etc

The game is designed to be unforgiving and that's something that everyone needs to experience, rather than being guided through everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked this up on amazon for PC. Is it playable with mouse and keyboard or is too difficult and needs a gamepad.

It's designed to be played with a game pad, doesn't work at all with kb/mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Vicxas wrote: »
    Nope. Had to start again :/

He was a hacker, it's happened to me as well. They drain your stats so it basically ruins your character. If you have DSFix you can enable save game backup so you can have a backup from about 10 mins before it happened.

Lads on PC.

What did you guys do about the stuttery Framerate sometimes?

You need to download and install http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/19//? That'll let you unlock the framerate and make the actually playable

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Lads on PC.

What did you guys do about the stuttery Framerate sometimes?

cursed FromSoftware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

Glebee wrote: »
    Picked this up on amazon for PC. Is it playable with mouse and keyboard or is too difficult and needs a gamepad.

Joypad,its a lazy port to PC.The Joypad controls are bog standard for a 3rd person game.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

returnNull wrote: »
    Joypad,its a lazy port to PC.The Joypad controls are bog standard for a 3rd person game.

Does it play worse than the console version even with the xbox controller?

the dsfix linked above also lets you set a decent screen resolution etc.It gets it working decently fairly quickly.

I only had a ps3 joypad and had to download http://www.motioninjoy.com/ to get it working on the pc.If you have an xbox 360 wired controller you're laughing.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Does it play worse than the console version even with the xbox controller?

No it plays fine with the controller and once you have the dsfix running (linked to by Odgexd)I found it ran fine and of course looks alot better than the console.

edit:if you are thinking of getting it,it was available yesterday in the steam sale for 8€ iiirc

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

A cake walk it is not, but consult the wiki as there's stuff you'd never figure out blind and play it online, the messages other players leave are both helpful and trolling (putting things like "jump off for secret" at the edge of a cliff where jumping does nothing but kill you lol) but that's all part of the DS experience. I only finished it for the first time the other night and I loved every minute of it, well almost every minute, I'm not gonna lie I was cursing at the tv a few times.

krudler wrote: »
    (putting things like "jump off for secret" at the edge of a cliff where jumping does nothing but kill you lol)

lol been there done that:pac:
    I just stopped reading them tbh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

amazing chest ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

amazing chest ahead
    Try holding with two hands

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

amazing chest ahead

I did that :pac:

some of the messages are helpful alright, wonder will there be more options in DS2 to elaborate a bit more as to what you can write.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Try holding with two hands
    Sticky white stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I can't stop laughing at this. Forest PvP can be funny at times alright!!

gIPUvFW.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

tafkapts wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten all achievements/trophies? That's what i'm aiming for at the moment. I think I've only four left. Three of them i'll do on my 3rd playthrough, just finishing NG+ now, Gwyn its being a right pain this time round.

It's the only game I've ever gotten ALL the achievements on. Just gold serpent ring, and some humanity, after the first humanity there are quite severe diminishing returns, I usually run with about 2-3 humanity, you can go to 10, personally I don't think it's worth it. Just be patient, they'll drop eventually for you. Or, you can get someone to trade them to you, I believe that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I'm sure it's been posted already but it's available on steam now for €5.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Fuck GFWL, fuck it hard in the ass with a rusty spiked pole

VinLieger wrote: »
    Fuck GFWL, fuck it hard in the ass with a rusty spiked pole

Not that anyone is going to disagree. What has your back up?

This game, man. I love it.
    Just hanging round Anor Londo waiting to get summoned for O&S, helping bros out. Could play this forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,655 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Not that anyone is going to disagree. What has your back up?

Fixed it now but seriously its a ridiculoous piece of software

OdgeXD wrote: »
    You need to download and install http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/19//? That'll let you unlock the framerate and make the actually playable

Crashes the game when i try to unlock the FPS

• Advertisement

It crashes, help!
    First, make sure that the .ini files are present in the correct location.
    Additionally, the "dsfix" folder should be in that same location.
    Turn off tools such as MSI Afterburner or other overlays that manipulate D3D.
    Then try restoring the default settings in the .ini file
    If none of these help then check if the problem still occurs when you remove/rename DINPUT8.dll
    Finally, try rebooting
    If the issue still persists, then report the problem, otherwise it has nothing to do with DSfix.

From the modsite

Advertisement