Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting Each Other's Facebook Pages - mark II!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

People appear to be liking by page with their personal page therefore I don't know what companies to be liking back!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You can check which pages liked you by clicking who liked you and then change in the top left from people, to pages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

Macers wrote: »
    People appear to be liking by page with their personal page therefore I don't know what companies to be liking back!

Absolutely agree, I got 3 likes on my FB Page http://www.facebook.com/BusinessBloomer from "people" but I can't access their info and I don't know their FB Page name!!!

Also, I think this thread is not very useful. I liked 60 Pages from this post, spent 30 minutes. 2 days later I Unliked them all (another 30 minutes) as I didn't receive a single Like back.

So, I think the best way is by sending each other a PM :) Whoever is interested pls PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Absolutely agree, I got 3 likes on my FB Page http://www.facebook.com/BusinessBloomer from "people" but I can't access their info and I don't know their FB Page name!!!

Also, I think this thread is not very useful. I liked 60 Pages from this post, spent 30 minutes. 2 days later I Unliked them all (another 30 minutes) as I didn't receive a single Like back.

So, I think the best way is by sending each other a PM :) Whoever is interested pls PM me.

BB, I liked your business page from mine. facebook.com/Water4YOU

I have just gone to your page again and had a look at the pages you have "liked" and I can't see mine on it.

If people like a page from their business page this won't show as actual as an actual number but they still get any of your feeds. If however people like from the personal profile with will show as number, eg XX like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

ybbi wrote: »
    Hey All,
    I have only managed to get a couple of likes after Liking everybody else links. Really appreciate a couple of more if possible.

Cheers

I have liked yours from both my own personal page and business page.

• Advertisement

ronaneire wrote: »
    BB, I liked your business page from mine. facebook.com/Water4YOU

Thanks Ronan, just liked you back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DashCams.ie

Here is our page guys ; http://www.facebook.com/dashcams

Business Bloomer, as I stated above, I did like you, it appears you don't like @VanTasks anymore though :(

I'm not sure how many of us are actively liking the new pages people post here, I try and like them all, as long as they aren't conflicting with my blood :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DashCams.ie

ronaneire wrote: »
    I have liked yours from both my own personal page and business page.

Thanks for liking dashcams :)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I like pages in this thread from my personal page because that way it will register as a counted like on your page, and because I don't have admin privileges on my business page.

My business page is listed several times in this thread, so if you are going through and liking all the pages in this thread, then we're all good.

There is a fair bit of good will needed for this thread to serve a purpose, but at times "best efforts" are going to have to suffice.

• Advertisement

cormie wrote: »
    Business Bloomer, as I stated above, I did like you, it appears you don't like @VanTasks anymore though :(

I'm not sure how many of us are actively liking the new pages people post here, I try and like them all, as long as they aren't conflicting with my blood :)

re-done! re-like!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Conmc88

HEY GUYS POSTED A WHILE BACK AND GOT ZERO LOVE YALL!!.....:(

I am in the process of doubleing back ang catching any one I missed so keep an eye out for the extra like over the next day ...but please I would appreciate the like comming my way

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chases-Grooming-Parlour/302325289784658

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Folks as I said previously if possible you should try and like from both pages, your business and your personal. I posted before saying how to check what business pages had liked your own. Also if liking from a business page its an idea to just leave a message on their wall saying visiting from boards or something like that to give them a heads up and they can return the favour.

Con, I had liked you the other day from my business page, this wouldn't have changed the amount of likes you have as business pages don't count towards the like count, but it's still a like if you get me :)

Anyway, you're at 25 now so get over and claim your URL, maybe something like facebook.com/ChasesGroomingParlour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Conmc88 wrote: »
    HEY GUYS POSTED A WHILE BACK AND GOT ZERO LOVE YALL!!.....:(

I am in the process of doubleing back ang catching any one I missed so keep an eye out for the extra like over the next day ...but please I would appreciate the like comming my way

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chases-Grooming-Parlour/302325289784658

I always 'Like' from my personal profile (Trainor Niall) and always say I'm visiting via boards and post a link to my page/website, So you can look at my stuff :D and you will know where the 'Like' came from.

Some of my posts are not showing on some of the walls, so either they have gone into hidden posts or it has been removed? Either way I have liked most of the pages here.
    If I missed anyone let me know (business pages only though, sorry).

www.facebook.com/prints4gifts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

I liked 60 Pages from this post, spent 30 minutes. 2 days later I Unliked them all (another 30 minutes) as I didn't receive a single Like back.
    /QUOTE]

Lol! how petty is that :rolleyes:

Your wall is locked and you are not allowing people to post on it?
    I'm liker no.52 btw :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

People will not be pmming, the purpose of the thread is as it has been from the start and works fine. If you haven't the patience to wait for people who are busy with their own business to have time to go on and 'like' you back then that's your own issue. If you don't find the thread very useful then don't bother posting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Con, I had liked you the other day from my business page, this wouldn't have changed the amount of likes you have as business pages don't count towards the like count, but it's still a like if you get me :)

Anyway, you're at 25 now so get over and claim your URL,

I'm on 22, so while I wait for another 3, how do you do this.

Thanks to all who 'liked' so far.

Anyway, you're at 25 now so get over and claim your URL, maybe something like facebook.com/ChasesGroomingParlour

Can you explain how i Physically do it ...sorry but I aint great with this type of stuff,but I am doing up business cards so it will be great to have a URL on it

• Advertisement

check the link I posted right above, it explains all :)

Ha dont want to sound like a fool but iv read it and i still dont know where to go to create the URL I want to call it

http://www.Facebook.com/Chasesgroomingparlour.

So i take it I just type into desired username "Chasesgroomingparlour"

Yes??

you go to www.facebook.com/username

you'll need to be logged in under your personal profile I think, then just choose a name for your page, be careful not to make any mistakes in the name as you can't go back once you press ok and choose a name thats easy enough to tell people.

I just finished my first competition on facebook anyway, it was quite an undertaking but saw my likes go from about 70 to 444 now, while also promoting a service I offer. Glad it's over now as I didn't realise it was against the Terms of Service to run the competitions that way but didn't want to have to cancel the whole thing. Will run them off site from now on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

:)

martinn123 wrote: »
    I'm on 22, so while I wait for another 3, how do you do this.

Thanks to all who 'liked' so far.

I managed to change mine with only 22 likes, so it appears the other likes from Business Pages do count, as I have a further 20 there.

Its simple go to Edit page, and follow the '' Change the username link''

check out

http://www.facebook.com/Julianstown.Sunrooms

and thanks again for all the likes

That's cool about the business likes counting towards that! I think I got my own /VanTasks url before I had ANY likes, but that would have been a good while ago, before they brought in the 25 like requirement!

Dont mean to be spamming guys but if you can get a chance pop in an like my page.Thanks for the advice on URL

Any other ideas for getting more likes on Facebook??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 212 ✭✭HobbyMan

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/ShareLaddercom/100475543331438

Will check my PMs.....

Edit: I seem to be 'liking' pages with my own name ( Marcel Springorum ) not with my business name ShareLadder.com so please be aware that if you want to 'like' me back then please like the ShareLadder page which is linked above. TIA.

Edit II: OK I 'liked' quite a few pages so looking forward to the responses. Got a 'like' back already. Thanks. :O)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭bernyh

I generally go through the new pages every week or so, and click on the link you supply on boards, it will not let me see the link as my business page so i like in personal mode.

I think it's silly to expect people to have liked u within two days, I tend to "save up" the thread till there are a few new businesses and like them all at once.

I've been a bit busy with the wedding season at the mo, but as that is drawing to a close now I will definately be more active with the new Irish businesses I see here...x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I think this thread would perform best if there was a no chat element brought to it. Post your facebook page and leave it at that. If someone likes it on facebook, then they can give you a thanks in the thread. It will cut out having people to search through a lot of waffle/arguing/banter to get to new pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement