Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promoting Each Other's Facebook Pages - mark II!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ah cool, I'm also admin for another page and I don't think it notifies me etc the same way as it does the main admin for that page, not sure though :)

Folks, does anyone have any idea bout these two queries?

I'm currently running a little competition from my page and have posted a photo I'm asking people to share for entry to the competition. Some of the shares posts which mentioned/tagged the page name showed up on my page, which is fine, but I'd rather hide them from the page view itself and just have the initial post with the photo that I made (with details on the competition etc) rather than 4 or 5 of the same post tagging/sharing with the same photo taking up the whole page.

I tried to "hide" one and it marked it as spam for some reason and I don't know if it deleted that share itself and untagged the lady who posted it or what happened. Any ideas how to undo that or to see if she's still tagged in the photo itself?

Another thing is, and this is worrying, it says "view 28 shares" on the photo, but when I click to view, I'm only counting about 19. I just checked a similar competition on the my pet directory competition photo, it says 25 shares, but I'm only counting 9 on the page it pops up!

Does anyone know how to see every sharE? Any feedback appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

If you hide it off your page it will still exist on the other page, but you could just remove it from your page? It still stays as a link on the other person's page but just not on your own one. Although when people have just shared my page or status it doesn't show up as a new post on my wall, it just says 4 shares or whatever under the status on my own wall, it's when people make a link to my wall that it shows up on my page, either using the @AcoshlasPage method or by adding an actual link to their status. I've had photos of mine shared in the past and got no info or post on my own wall about it, so there must be a way to do it like that.

Oh yeah and maybe it doesn't show you shares on people's walls who have different privacy settings? And facebook is always fluctuating numbers, my fan numbers have moved around by between 2 and 40 sometimes, like a silly glitch, then goes back to the right one later.

Thanks for the reply :)

I had a look and it appears there used to be more options to hide a post, 4 I think, now there are only 2 and the "hide" option marks the post as spam which I don't want then the other option is report abuse which I don't want either.

I think the "view all shares" thing is just new so maybe it's a bit glitchy at the moment itself.

Just checked my page and my options are Remove Post, Remove Post and Ban User, Hide Post, and Report as Abuse. I'd pick Hide Post there or just Remove Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Thanks for all the likes so far to my page www.facebook.com/Water4YOU

I have gone and liked all new ones from my own personal one ;)

Acoshla wrote: »
    Just checked my page and my options are Remove Post, Remove Post and Ban User, Hide Post, and Report as Abuse. I'd pick Hide Post there or just Remove Post.

Thanks for checking for me :) I see the 4 options now, it's because I wasn't "using facebook as page" that I could only see two, however if I choose to "hide post" it still states "post has been marked as spam" after it removes it, which is a bit strange.

Have also found out how to unhide the post too, it's actually on the left under the wall menu tab, there's a "hidden posts" tab there now. Weird, there's a few posts there I don't remember hiding too!

Unfortunately the "view all shares" option is still only showing a select few shares.

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks for checking for me :) I see the 4 options now, it's because I wasn't "using facebook as page" that I could only see two, however if I choose to "hide post" it still states "post has been marked as spam" after it removes it, which is a bit strange.

Have also found out how to unhide the post too, it's actually on the left under the wall menu tab, there's a "hidden posts" tab there now. Weird, there's a few posts there I don't remember hiding too!

Unfortunately the "view all shares" option is still only showing a select few shares.

Yeah you can unhide them any time you like. I can see all four options when I'm using facebook as myself or as the page though? Couldn't you just remove the posts, not hide and mark as spam? I hit 1,000 fans today, woohoo :)

Congrats on hitting the 1,000 mark :)

I'd be afraid that if I "removed" the posts, that would undo any tagging etc the poster has done for me. I'll hide them for now and them unhide them later on possibly.

No removing the post just removes it from your wall, not theirs, if they have shared it on their own wall the only way that can be deleted is if they do it, all you're doing is deleting the link it made to your wall.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks for clearing that up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Hairlightz

Hi everyone please like my facebook page:http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hairlightz/140136606063767and have a look at my webpage <snip>

Has anyone had success running a competition for an influx of likes?

I'm currently running one for a €250 IKEA "We Shop We Drop" prize, got a barrage of likes the 2nd day or so it was up but now it's pretty dormant and I don't think I've even had one in the last 24 hours.

The competition is here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150332327669181&set=a.10150332327659181.367438.71028214180&type=1&theater

Also, a lot of the likes and shares seem to be from facebook pages that are solely set up to promote competitions, so maybe a few are owned by the same person, which defeats the purpose of the competition in the first place, to get the page better known by more individuals.

Any advice on how to promote it a bit more?

A business I know started a competition that has gotten a ridiculous number of new fans, but it's hard to replicate because it's very specific and easy for people to join. They run a cake supplies business, and they asked people to upload photos of their own cakes, the one with the most likes by the end of the month wins. They started this when they had about 600 fans, 4 months later they have close to 4,000 fans, with people sharing their photo on their walls and getting 200-350 of their friends to vote for them. To vote obviously you have to like the page, so they have had a massive influx of likes.

I've run competitions doing something similar, the most likes wins, didn't work for me, so what I do now is say when I get to X number fans I'll do a giveaway, then people starting telling friends to like the page, and most days it would go up by 20ish fans, then I reach the number, and do a giveaway :) Works pretty well, but again, something that might suit my page to do won't suit another business model so it's just trial and error really. Looked at your comp there and that's a lot of interest! You need to promote it again the next day, and the day after, my latest comp was going a bit slow so I was honest last night and said Hmm, not getting much interest, and I got way more entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

Thanks again for the reply Acoshla, I have a nice idea for more promotional stuff but really need more likers before that idea can be a success. I think I'll announce the winner once I get 250 shares on the image :)

I'll consider the giveaway once the fan number is reached idea too and mention the competition again at the moment!

IMPORTANT - READ THIS IF YOU ARE RUNNING A COMPETITION

Folks, while googling "how to select random facebook fan" thinking I might find a site or something that will pick one for me, I discovered that running these types of competitions is actually against facebook rules :eek:

Big warning to any considering or currently doing so, I'm going to have to cut mine short which is a pain as I was really hoping to use it as a tool to get more likes :( I'll still be giving the prize of course, but it's going to cost me a lot more :(

Read here for more: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-promotions-what-you-need-to-know/

There are thousands of people doing competitions every day, and I've had to contact facebook about problems with my page during a competition and there were no issues, I mentioned specifically that it was affecting the competition. If facebook did decide to come down on people doing this they're going to go after the big ones, giving away big prizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭jd

This is my partner's FB page..
    https://www.facebook.com/Calligrafont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dreamtime

here is my facebook page i am working through everyone to like them :D
    would love likes back thanks

http://www.facebook.com/insights/?sk=po_184210214963831#!/pages/Dreamtime-Bouncy-Castles/184210214963831

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dreamtime

ok i am afer liking everyones page if i left any one out i am sorry let me know and i will like you

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dreamtime-Bouncy-Castles/184210214963831#!/pages/Dreamtime-Bouncy-Castles/184210214963831

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

this thread has been very successful in getting '' likes'' for our facebook pages. Thanks to all who ''liked'' http://www.facebook.com/pages/Julianstown-Sunrooms/154776051230181#!/pages/Julianstown-Sunrooms/154776051230181

I have been thinking how can we move this on to the next stage, as the Thread says ....promoting each others F/B page.

So now if one of the pages I 'liked' makes a post, it appears on my wall. OK so far.
    To move that post along, I can '' share'' it so it now appears on my Friends wall, as well.

Some pages have hundreds of friends, so how can I reach them, i.e friends of friends.

So am I right to suggest that when one of us makes a post, that we all '' share '' it so that the number of impressions increases dramatically.

Do the maths, if the average friend list is 50, and I issue a post, 50 impressions, and if each of the 50, share with their 50, impressions now 50X 50 = 2500, bit like a twitter message going viral.

Am I on the right track, and anyone willing to take part in an experiment on this.

That's reassuring Acoshla, maybe they are ok with some pages running them so? :)

martinn, that's a nice idea in theory, but I can't imagine it working too well, I'm rarely logged in as my page and I don't view the feed on my page page much at all really. If others are the same, then a lot of posts will be missed and the favours won't be returned, not out of mean spirit or laziness but just because it would be a bit too hard to keep on top of I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 suarez9

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mrs-kellys/163473290333784?sk=info ive liked everyone else pages today do also in return
    thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ybbi

Hi All,

Spent the last hour 'Liking' all the business pages from my personal fb account so it would count and even some with my business!

I would appreciate if any could give me a like, I only have 43 at the minute and really need a few more!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Merchandise-Ireland-Limited/137117596349287

And please feel free to visit my website to see what I am about
    <snip>

Thanks in advance
    Donal

Have liked you both in return, but suarez9, just to let you know, before I saw you came from boards, I had already removed your post from my page as it was just a link and nothing else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SureHome.ie

Hi all,

I just set up a Facebook page and have a big Zero likes ,so would really apprecaite some likes please.I'm going through eveyones at the mo from my personal account.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SureHome/187345221338756?sk=wall

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 SureHome.ie

I've like everyone's page over the last 24 pages.if i've missed anyone , let me know!BTW they we're liked through account name scwazrh ...
    Please like my biz page back..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm going through eveyones at the mo from my personal account
    As it has been said before, unless you do it from your business account no-one will know you actually thanked them, and thus probably won't thank you in return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

I see a few of the more recent pages I've liked havent used their 'Vanity' URL yet. Get it guys, makes your Facebook URL look more professional, clean and a lot easier to put on promo material.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement