Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Continuing Adventures of Catweazle

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

At least you see that structure works and shows improvements from the swimming.

How about a 2 week bike focus in the evenings with the odd run thrown in (seperate or off the bike)? You running wont fall away too much as the cycling translates but it will whip you into bike shape. You can keep up the swimming in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭hammerheadjack

That was a toughie CW. Anyone that finished did well. The only advice I can give you is to work on your biking. From personal experience this year I have cut back on the running and am injury free. I was plauged with ankle and calf issues last year... killing myself trying to get under 20min for 5K. Enough of this nonsense I said and resigned myself to struggling through the runs for this season. I'm still doing one longish 14-15K run per week and one shorter one. but both hilly and I work hard during them on the hills. I have biked all through the winter on mtb (did a few local races... cruel sport, but great for core strength and cadence). Turbo only until bike race season, first focusing on cadence then strength. The single biggest revelation however has come from doing a good few bike races this year. I never raced before, but was reasonably strong on the bike...I thought. Its a whole different ball game, and a fantastic training session. You learn more about biking in one race than 6 months out on the roads by yourself. You will simply not have the focus or concentration to push yourself as hard as you will in a race. With the A4 category now it is easy to get involved and I would advise anyone doing triathlon to sign up for a few A4 races. Its the easiest and most rewarding way to improve your triathlon times. The biggest difference I have noticed this year is that my bike time for kilkee dropped 4min and I had fresh legs for the run. and because of that I managed to peel 3 mins or thereabouts off that. I was flabergasted when I saw my overall time and without any doubt its the MTB and bike racing that has done it, I was running and swimming much more last year. Pop along to the Seven Springs cycles tuesdays Thursdays and Saturdays and you will see what I'm on about.
    See you on Wednesday for more punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

See you on Wednesday for more punishment.

Looking forward to it - nice of them to take the bike out for me!

Well done on your own time - did you pick up another age grade prize?

I was amazed with your bike time, I had a feeling you would be rolling by me towards the end of that cycle - but I would have thought our running times would have been similar so I was well impressed with your run after such a quick bike ride.

You were always a strong biker though but you have gone up another level now.

I just cant see me doing Seven Springs though - you can see how often already I make the Predator trainings sessions which is never. Need to look somewhere closer to home

Funny you mentioned getting a prize. I was at the prize giving minding my own business, when I kinda half heard my name called out. Que a startled looking Hammerhead looking questioningly at the people around him. Go on ..Go On you were called out for third place. Up I goes and shakes the hands all smiles and bafflement. I knew I gave a good account of myself but third in my age group ..feckin hell. Alas it wasn't to be.. They had me down in the next age group up 45-50 so I handed back my all too fleeting prize. They might still put the photo up though:-)

They had me down in the next age group up 45-50 so I handed back my all too fleeting prize. They might still put the photo up though:-)

That just shows your dedication to triathlon - willing to put an extra 5 years on your life just to get the age grade placing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Funny you mentioned getting a prize. I was at the prize giving minding my own business, when I kinda half heard my name called out. Que a startled looking Hammerhead looking questioningly at the people around him. Go on ..Go On you were called out for third place. Up I goes and shakes the hands all smiles and bafflement. I knew I gave a good account of myself but third in my age group ..feckin hell. Alas it wasn't to be.. They had me down in the next age group up 45-50 so I handed back my all too fleeting prize. They might still put the photo up though:-)

Classic! :D

Well done on Saturday. You had a cracking race as did FB. 2 super performances. Well done mate! :cool:

Were you not tempted to cycle back with him on Sunday? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Well done CW, cheers for the shout, although really the head should have been down and eyballs out at that stage ;) Good race and cheers for the report, you might get Gibbo yet some day

Thanks P, When we saw the conditions we all more or less kissed goodbye to improving on last years times, so I was surprised and delighted.
    Yeah we cycled back on Sunday. With only one bottle cage on my bike and a wannabe ironman leading the charge with a no stop policy, I finally got the answer to a question that I wanted answered all year. How far can a hammerhead go at a decent clip on one bottle of water. The answer is about 90K comfortably and another 20K or so on empty, knowing that there was food drink and a soft couch at the end of it. FB was going like a train and will do us proud in Bolton.

To add a bit more info to the above diatribe on the benefits of focusing on cycling to improve race times, I checked last years cycle time, and I only cut 3mins instead of 4 as I had first thought. Thats not the only thing though. About 3 weeks ago I got an awful dose of the trots and endured 3 days of misery and multi colored fluids bursting from all orrifices. The result was that I couldn't eat for 3 days and finally lost the 3Kg's I had targeted for this years season. I noticed a difference as soon as I was able to get back running again. Now in simple maths that equates to 1 min improvement per Kg for a 10K run and 1min per Kg for a 40ish K cycle. So CW if you can swing a trip to Germany that could be the answer.

So CW if you can swing a trip to Germany that could be the answer.

Are you saying you caught something in Germany ;)

I have lost weight alright, down to 77/78 from 86/87 in January. Although I would usually be around 80-82 last year when training - I have felt the benefit in the running but not so in the cycling.

I might tell mrsc to bump up the curries though in an effort to get to 75 for Swinford :)

catweazle wrote: »
    I might tell mrsc to bump up the curries though in an effort to get to 75 for Swinford :)

Or you could just move back from the dinner table! ;)

• Advertisement

pgibbo wrote: »
    Or you could just move back from the dinner table! ;)

I wouldn't like to hurt her feelings by pushing away my plate - the weight is coming off though all the same. Avoiding all thrash food during the week but admittedly with a few glasses of wine on weekend nights I find myself raiding the biscuit drawer when she is gone to bed. I have the sheepish look in the morning when she sees the biscuit and crisp wrappers all over the couch

catweazle wrote: »
    You never give up Gibbo - that comment was for the swimming and nothing else :D

Lets see how I get on in Swinford first - I will admit mentioning the London Marathon next year to Mrs Catweazle and I was shot down instantly by the mention of a little kitten :(

The noose is beginning to tighten.

That means you'll be even further ahead of me in an IM swim! ;) You'll have a nice headstart.....:cool:

Lovely day for the bog! :D

Your swimming has come on a lot P. you went well on Saturday, followed by a blistering run. CW might not have that much of a lead in Barcellona :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey CW, Congrats on facing down THOTW! on my first attempt I was left a broken sorry man, 3:10, but killed it the next year with with more specific training. Great advice above from the lads re the biking, follow that and you will without any doubt see massive improvements.

Its been a poor week training for me, so much for the heavy weeks training.

Sunday: I had hoped for a long run or cycle on sunday but the right hamstring was still feeling the effects of the cramps I got doing Kilkee the day before. Very tight so I binned any session

Monday: Hamstring still tight but it was a lovely day so I went out at a slow pace. It gradually was loosening out and I was coming in at low 5 minute pace for the last 2k.

I then got the call from the brother in law "Yerra we go to the bog this week, tisssss fine weather", a slightly tense exchange followed as we had agreed we wouldn't go near the bog till the 2nd week in July. This would have suited me fine as it would have been tapering time anyways. Hes purely suiting his own agenda but my hands are tied and he knew it.

Monday evening: involved three hours of back breaking stacking and a late night cool down swim in Annaghdown after 600m

Tuesday: Now both hamstrings are bolloxed and my back is killing me, with the bike still in the car I drove out to a hill nearby during lunch hour and rushed 5 repeats. One thing I have improved on is my ability to stay out of the saddle, I can go a fair distance standing I just need to be able to do it faster

Tuesday Evening: I had hoped to go to Annaghdown for a swim after the bog this evening but my back was in a bad way so binned it for Transporter 3 on Film 4

Wednesday:
    There was a club aquathon 750m/5k on in Loughrea and I had been looking forward to it for a few weeks, I had a few targets I thought I could put pressure on without the bike leg. The legs were still fecked so I tried a slow lunchtime 5k run to try and loosen them up. Didnt really work. Mrs C was keeping well away from me as I have been a bear all day moaning about my legs

Headed down anyways and lathered a pound of deep heat on them and decided to see what happened.

The swim was good - Water was choppy but after Cope and Kilkee I was well used to it - I went straight after 2 club mates who were ahead of me in Kilkee and I was on their feet all the way out to the half way mark. I was guessing we were around the 4th/5th/6th position, a long way from the 2 fish way out in front but within sight of Grealish in 3rd place. The pace was comfortable and I was sighting well.

I was too timid going around the marker and I lost a couple of metres off them - I had cranked up the pace but so had they and I just couldnt get back on their feet. Came in about 5/6 metres behind them and there was a decent gap between me and the next few swimmers. The time was 14.20

At this stage I then had doubts in transition - the club mate who was just out ahead of me was one of my eternal rivals in the 5k runs, we are both mid 20 minute runners and I could see the green cap of Hammerheadjack a low 20 minute runner and another mid 20 minute runner coming in. I reckoned I would have needed a pb to come in ahead of them and I just decided f-this I will pull one of those hamstrings and dropped out. I have mixed feelings about it now did I wimp out? - I was looking forward to the race for ages and the swim panned out exactly how I thought it would - with the 4 of us all in contention. Ah well hopefully there will be other days. Hammerhead caught and finished well ahead of the other two anyways so I doubt I would have been able for him in the end of it all

The weekend is a little messy now - I was going to do Achill 1/2 marathon on saturday but the weekend in Ballynahinch is a much better option, however our company is involved with the event so I have to go up on friday now - hoping not to have to go saturday as well but thats in the lap of the gods, I suppose if I am there saturday as well I might as well race it

Nice swim again. You're going well. Smart call on dumping the run. The hills on that course would have really stressed your hamstrings so no point risking it for a club race. There ar plenty of more local club aquathons coming up too so plenty of time to give the lads a run for their money. Keep in mind that Swinford is your A race and everything else is a bonus!

Well, Swinford and maybe Barcelona too :D

You were right to skip the run. Last thing you want is injuries before your main race. Take it easy and hire Pgibbo to do the bog for you.

Take it easy and hire Pgibbo to do the bog for you.

Gibbo is another blow in townie, he would be as lost as me out there :D

Bog all done now for the moment anyways thank god - I will be putting my foot down the next time though if he pulls me for it again the week leading up to Swinford

Thursday Lunch: With a meeting in Athlone in the morning I snuck back for another swim in Loughrea lake on the way home. Nice and easy and just went for endurance did 3 x 750m laps 2250m

Thursday Evening: With another session of turf stacking ahead of me I took advantage of the day off the day before and went for a run. Legs were grand so pushed it into a decent pace. 7.4k at 4.50 pace. AHR = 147/Max = 164

Friday Lunch: With our company involved with the Achill Half marathon, I arrived up on the friday. A cracking day in Keel, so I had the gear with me and headed off, with me hoping to have a hard weeks training I was planning on running the route. After going up the first hill with the hamstrings tightening, a major training weekend in Ballynahinch planned and loads more hills to come I decided to cut it short and ran back to Keel again. 12k at 5.34 pace. AHR=131 Max=144. Had a quick dip in the sea without the wetsuit and almost froze :eek:

Saturday AM:
    I stayed on in Achill way longer than I expected and didn't make it down to Ballynahinch until 2am the night before. I was shattered so didn't bother setting the alarm. When I woke it was way later than planned. I have been badgering Mrsc to score the apartment for this weekend and she came through for me. With good weather promised you couldn't ask to be anywhere better. On with the wetsuit and off out the door, the lake beside the apartment is similiar to Swinford, sheltered and not a ripple to be seen. This was a lovely swim, the lake is dotted with islands so I just swam around.....between, and admired all the uberhouses built along the shore. Said hello to a few fisherman with some very excited yanks seeing some crazy paddy out in the middle of the lake. 2000m

Saturday Lunch: Came back had a leisurely breakfast and then headed off on the bike, I had hoped to go for a three hour spin but had to cut it short with the sleeping in, did loop 3 and 1 of the cycle routes. Loop 3 which I didn't get to finish on the previous visit, had a little boreen of a road out by Cleggan that had a sneaky steep gradient, it was touch and go and I nearly got off and walked towards the end. A tough hilly 65k in the end and I was pretty bushed by the end of it, I forgot to turn off the Garmin when I stopped off in the Abbey Glen to meet mrsc so my stats aren't right, I tried to hold as close to 30kph as possible but I think I was closer to mid 27kph. AHR=119 Max = 162

While enjoying a well earned bottle of red - I saw one of the arch nemesis's "The Fit Friend" pulling up in the car to the apartment beside us. His wife owned the apartment next door. So that was great organised a run the following morning over a glass of wine

Sunday AM: Up a bit earlier so on with the wetsuit before breakfast, wasn't feeling the love today so straight out to an Island and back 1000m. Off with the fit friend then for the run - he was recovering from a virus that had laid him low for over a month so we agreed an easy 12k for him. With him knowing the area well he brought me around some great forest trails. A cracking morning so off goes his top, hes not called the fit friend for nothing, we bumped into Mrsc out for a walk and I was very disappointed with her practically drooling on him in front of me :rolleyes:. So anyways 12k and very enjoyable it was, I am used to running on my own so it was strange for me to be holding a conversational pace. I wanted to do 18k at least so I left him for another 6k around the forest 18k @ 5.43 pace AHR= 135

Monday AM: Didn't give myself enough time so another quick swim of 1000m. With no broadband and the dongle not picking up anything, I had to go up to the Castle for work. Nice place to work out of but the Cappuccinos cost a fortune. Monday Lunch: Another run through the forests around the castle 12k @ 5.37 pace. Monday Evening: A hard 46k through Roundstone, Ballyconeely, Clifden, again I tried to hold 30kph but I was well behind coming through Roundstone with a stiff headwind. With a nice tailwind from here to Clifden I pulled it back to just under 30kph but I got nailed again with a headwind over the Clifden to Ballynahinch and fell back again. Finished at 27 kph again :( AHR = 120 so I suppose I could have pushed harder. 120 AHR is looking like it is going to be my pace in Swinford

Tuesday AM:
    Slept in again so no swim at all. Lunchtime one more crack at a decent pace on the bike, out to Roundstone and back. Again nailed on the headwind out so the pace was poor again, my legs are tired now 22k AHR = 115

Tuesday Evening:
    Back in the home house, so an easy run around the local route, was going along ok at 5.30 pace but really struggled for a few k. I didnt eat anything since midday so that might have been the cause, towards the end I began to feel better again and was able to pick up the pace a little bit. 8k @ 5.34 pace AHR = 124

Good few days training so far, hoping to keep that up until mid next week and then start a ten day taperfor Swinford. I am humming and hawwing about an aquathon on the saturday, 1.9/10k I was planning on doing a 25k run/100k bike over this weekend. We will see!I am comfortable with my swim and run but most nervous about my bike - ideally I am thinking of two more long 3 hour bike rides one this weekend and the following one 8 days before the race. I am assuming the recovery from a 3 hour bike ride will be less taxing on the legs than a 3 hour run, so thats why I think it wont have a major effect on the taper :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

This was a lovely swim, the lake is dotted with islands so I just swam around.....between, and admired all the uberhouses built along the shore. Said hello to a few fisherman with some very excited yanks seeing some crazy paddy out in the middle of the lake.

Classic.

A good stint of training their CW.
    Re the 3hr bike or run, I would be inclined to agree that the bike would be easier to recover from - assuming similar effort used for both.

• Advertisement

Macanri wrote: »
    Classic.

A good stint of training their CW.
    Re the 3hr bike or run, I would be inclined to agree that the bike would be easier to recover from - assuming similar effort used for both.

Cheers Macanri I think the change of scenery is great for the mind too - note i have no intention of doing a 3 hour run before Swinford just using it as a contrast to the three hour bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

A busy few days CW, i would certainly find a 3hr bike less taxing on the legs than the run.

Wednesday Lunch: I wanted to start increasing the pace of a few sessions this week and put some stress on me before the taper next week. So after a few days of strolling through forests admiring the scenery today was back to the grind and a fast tempo session. The plan was a 4.40 pace for just under 7.5k around the local route but I was feeling good so pushed it a bit harder. The HR monitor only kicked into life near the end so the stats were wrong but I finished thinking I could put in a decent pb on my current 10k pb of 45.01. 7.5k at 4.27 pace

Wednesday Evening:
    The plan was to work hard on the bike this week so tonights session was a cruise interval session on the turbo (weather too bad again for outside :o). HR was kept in the 130/140 range for the hour so I found it tough. AHR = 127

Thursday AM: Its been a long time since I was in the pool, so I picked one of Interested's Kick board and speed session. Main set was 8 x 100 off 2.05. I found this tough - probably too much easy open water swimming sessions recently. Came in between 1.45 - 1.50 on them. No time for the warm down 1800m

Thursday Evening: I wanted to do a brick session tonight but the weather was atrocious so another session on the turbo. 90 minutes endurance session keeping the HR between sets of 128, 133 and 136 HR. Sweat was really pouring of me as you couldnt open the windows with the rain

Friday Evening: Having not been able to get in a run at lunch, I did a small brick session this evening. 40 minutes on the bike at planned HIM HR rate of 120 ish and then a small 5k brick. No brick at all off the bike so maybe a mix of the benefit of doing a good few brick runs recently and probably more I didn't really push it on the bike. The Garmin was set for indoors so it didnt pick up the gps on the run but i would know the 5k marker anyways. Kept HR in the low 140s rate throughout and was pleased seeing 23.30 for the 5k, this felt very comfortable AHR = 141

Plan for the weekend is long swim and run tomorrow, I was tempted to do the Salthill Aquathon of 1.9/10k tomorrow but I think I would be better served getting the long run instead in. Hoping for the long bike and short brick then on sunday and I am going to see if I can find some type of HIM Hr for the bike for a three hour ride. I just had a brief look there at last years HR in the bike and it was over 140 for the 90k :eek: Where did that come out of. I am struggling to get it to that heart rate at the Sprint and Olympics this year :o

Cant find my Garmin USB Key so will put in stats before I forget

Saturday AM:
    With a cracking day I was very tempted to head down to the Aquathon in Salthill but I decided to do the next best thing and base the training around it. Headed to Annaghdown Pier where it was as smooth as a snooker table. Out to the rock and back 4 times (just over 500m)
    The first lap was too spicy so slowed it down after that one but was very comfortable throughout. I will have to be careful in Swinford, I did 38.50 last year pushing hard and I think I could come well under that this year. Need to take it easy though, killing myself for a couple of minutes in the water will bite me in the arse later that day. 2000m

Off to Salthill to watch the aquathon and get in a few laps of the prom while I was watching it. A good number of entrants and a cracking day for it. It was 30 minutes late starting which killed me timewise for my run but it was great to see the top guys starting out. Did a complicated few laps with a stop to see the leading swimmers coming in. 18k at around 5.20 pace. For the first time I wore the Zoots for a long run and after about 15k I started feeling tight in the back of the ankles and the last 3k were a little bit uncomfortable. While they are a fast shoe I dont think they will be the shoes for Swinford - I will get some lock laces for the Sauconys! The heart rate was in the high 130's low 140's for most of it

Sunday AM: Not as nice a day but dry. I wanted to get in a long bike ride with a short brick off it. The route was Home-Moycullen-Spiddal-Oranmore-Home. Around 88k - I remember hitting 80k in 3 hours. I was happy enough with this - I got held up in Barna for a funeral and going through town was a disaster as well. Its not worth the hassle for the bit of people watching you get up to. I didnt quiet get the AHR up in the 120's for the entire trip so I think 120's on the day in good conditions will have me in around 3 hours which is what I am targeting for Swinford.

Straight off for the run - The loose run plan at the moment is to set out at sub 5.30 pace for the 1/2 marathon and if I am holding ok I will try and pick it up. I am terrified of another slog like last year so I am going to be cautious. A bit of jellylegs but wasn't too bad, 1k beep went off, 5.01 - christ i felt like I was crawling. Slowed it down and 2k beep was 5.02, a nice complaint for a change, HR was low 130's. I began to feel a little bit tired around the 4k mark and the HR climbed into the 140's (I am too tight to be taking gels on training runs around the house). Slowed down between 4-6ks (5.20's) and then the heart rate dropped down again into the 130s so I picked up the pace again to low 5 minute ks. 8k total. Food for thought anyways for me!

Monday Evening: A friend called for lunch so just went for a easy 8k around the local loop at 5.30 pace, HR was in the 120's for most of it but legs were tired

Tuesday Lunch: With me down to Tipperary for the evening, I took advantage and went for a 1500m OW swim in Loughrea. Pancake flat which is unlike Loughrea and a great crowd around with the good weather. I felt like a bit of a gob****e striding down the pier with the wetsuit on with all the locals swimming away, but I enjoyed the swim anyways. 1500m straight.

Wednesday Lunch: Went for a tempo run, I went out at 4.30 pace but was struggling a bit in the heat so ended up at around 4.46 pace for the run 8K

Wednesday Evening: Out for a quick bike - managed to hold 30kph for a change although I really had to gun it in the tailwind back to get it. 20k

Thursday Lunch: Recovery run, nice and easy 5.40 pace 8k

Thursday Evening:
    I finally bit the bullet and am now the proud owner of a Giro TT helmet :o. The strap on my existing helmet is always playing up and its a little tight, so I have been keeping my eye out for one and picked one up on adverts for €50 euro. This one is also a little tight but the extra cm it has on the other one makes it a bit more comfortable. Took it out for a quick 13k and the only noticeable difference so far is its a lot quieter. O Dowd and Marrey and the other uber bikers at Swinford will have a nice giggle at the lad in the TT helmet cutting through the wind at 25kph :D But if it saves me a few seconds over the 90k I can live with that.

The taper has now officially started - I am going to slip in one more long bike on saturday. Theres a barbecue that night in the friends so that will be a heavy one (good timing for me I suppose) and I will have a slow trot of a long run on sunday of maybe 12ish k depending on the head

Sounds like the training is going well for you CW. just back from holidays myself, managed a few nice cycles there, but not much else. Had my first long run this year yesterday, and now a little concerned:-) whats the humbert run like? hilly or flat.. If i pass you on the bike there is every possibility you will sail past me on the run as I console myself with jaffa cakes and coke while walking the last 5K. Btw also came across a pointy headpiece :-) never thought id do it. We'll have to get a photo taken of the 2 of us.

Btw also came across a pointy headpiece :-) never thought id do it. We'll have to get a photo taken of the 2 of us.

Its a bit like the Sunday Independent, you will never admit to buying it but you might come across it in a dentists waiting room or a copy left in a cafe ;). You will do yours justice though - you will enjoy that cycle route up there beside the Windy Gap its flat and fast. Mine is a bit tight the ear was killing me today out on it but after a bit of adjustment it was ok so I will take my time getting it on right in transition. Your missus told me you were eying up Mount Etna, they mentioned Contadors attack on Mount Etna on TV last night and I thought of you :D

We will see - a slow 66k on the bike today and I was in no state for a run after. I reckon you will put at least 20-25 minutes into me on the bike so you would need to bonk altogether on the run.

The run is flat, there's a sharp hill about a k from transition but after that nothing to talk about

Nothing done on friday - I had planned a swim but the weather was crap so didn't bother.

Saturday AM: A 66k bike through Oranmore-Craughwell-Monivea. This started off well, first hour came in at just over 36kph. I was singing the praises of the new TT helmet even though it was killing my ear. I had a few glances at the HR and I was in the 140's for most of it - even though with the tailwind I didn't feel under too much pressure. I had overdressed perhaps and I was sweltering in a rain jacket. I got to Craughwell and the HR was into the 150's now so I reined it in. The route was nice as the road home was semi protected so I didn't suffer the full effects of the headwind. Back started to get at me near the end and I was suffering, I didnt bother taking any gels at that stage as I was only 10ks away from home. My right Aero bar gave away during the week while cycling and to get it to hold I had to move it down the bar so I am wondering did that contribute. Its a moot point now anyways, it wont hold where it used to be so I will have to live with it. Already planning for next year I complained mercilessly to Mrs C about my bike beginning to fall apart......I will get a TT bike yet ;)

Sunday Afternoon: 13k lsr - Glad I went out, watching the golf with a nasty hangover, I had almost talked myself out if it. But decided when Clarke drove off that I could be back well before its over. Started out at 4.55 pace for the first three started to feel crap and slowed out to 5.20 for a few and then started to feel better again, held at 5.15 and then brought it down to 5 for the last 3k. Enjoyed it eventually!

Need to get out swimming tomorrow, haven't been out since tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Hey CW,
    Best of luck with the race on Sun - given my "home" focus next year, this one is definitely on the radar...looking forward to the report!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Izoard wrote: »
    Hey CW,
    Best of luck with the race on Sun - given my "home" focus next year, this one is definitely on the radar...looking forward to the report!

+1 to that CW, really really looking forward to the report, I remember last years and enjoyed reading it. I hope ye get decent conditions for it so you can compare with last year. Good luck dude.

Advertisement