Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW reliability and reputation

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Full VW main dealer service history, serviced on the button, gear oil changed at the correct intervals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

-Chris- wrote: »
    But still? But still what?

There's no harm in fair criticism, but to expect warranty coverage on a car that was 2-3 years out of warranty is unreasonable imho.

But still.....if its out of warranty then you are paying for it and you expect the job to be done right!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 foray

-Chris- wrote: »
    Full VW main dealer service history, serviced on the button, gear oil changed at the correct intervals?

Yes. Company I worked for paid all expenses on the car so always had it serviced on time. Maybe it was just unlucky and one of those things. Never had problems with the other VW's. With the history of VW reliability its just frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

foray wrote: »
    Yes. Company I worked for paid all expenses on the car so always had it serviced on time. Maybe it was just unlucky and one of those things. Never had problems with the other VW's. With the history of VW reliability its just frustrating.

That's unfortunate, you should have been the prime candidate for goodwill warranty.

But still.....if its out of warranty then you are paying for it and you expect the job to be done right!!

With all due respect to Foray, "it's never felt right since" is hardly an adequate description to be able to diagnose whether the job was done right or not.
    foray wrote: »
    Since then a new gear box fitted but car has never felt right since.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 bountyhunter87

iv had a golf mkiv tdi for 3 years. the only problem i had was the airbag light. . . im a small bit wary of the electrics from what i heard. and yea rear bulbs tend to blow. otherwise an absoulute beaut and workhorse of a engine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement