Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HDR photos

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Promac wrote: »
    If people come asking for help and you can't then don't bother. You make the rest of us look bad with your attitude problem.

1: People ask for help.
    2: I help them.
    3: <SNIP>
    4: ???
    5: Profit.

is there a function in photoshop to set every pixel to 50% luminance? surely that's HDR taken to its logical conclusion?

"HDR" Portrait:

BT0yN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Off the OP question but here is a tutorial on how to achieve similiar results in PS from a single image, actualy been playing around with it today for a bit of fun.

http://www.thedigitalphotographyconnection.com/pfdp_player.php?ID=oFj3m8YT

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Amazing how people can't read anymore. Lads, the OP isn't a photographer - so probably doesn't give a flying toot about HOW TO make a HDR photo. They don't want links to PS tutorials or blogs about HDR

They want a photographer to take photos of them.

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭cram1971

Amazing how people can't read anymore. Lads, the OP isn't a photographer - so probably doesn't give a flying toot about HOW TO make a HDR photo. They don't want links to PS tutorials or blogs about HDR

They want a photographer to take photos of them.

I lol'd :pac:

Hey A lot of people read this thread because of the subject HDR photos if the subject isn't specific thread will attract and wander (no offense to OP) so therefore I posted the link as I thought some of the posters would be interested in the link ./.. get off your soap box there is enough people in this country on theirs at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

charybdis wrote: »
    1: People ask for help.
    2: I help them.
    3: <SNIP>
    4: ???
    5: Profit.

Leave it on AH will you?

Promac wrote: »
    Leave it on AH will you?

Sssshh. You're making the rest of us look bad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Getting a bit sick of this, as in the other threads keep it on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

All studios generally use lighting of some description and I for one wouldn't consider any studio fasion/portrait shot to be "strobist".

"Strobist" for me is any Joe Soap with some off camera flash/lighting set up at home, in the street or DIY studio set up as opposed to a fully working professional studio.

It looks like studio work heavily processed, possibly tonemapped.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

charybdis wrote: »
    "HDR" Portrait:

that's the b&w version, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

humberklog wrote: »
    Ooops, eh, mabeh?:pac:. I'd say he'd give it a go:pac::pac::pac:.

Sorry OP and Prof. Charybdis I didn't see the brackets.:o

But I bet he would!

Would love to help but I know absolutely nothing about fashion photography. And anyway, I'm not sure any models would be too pleased after I've given the raw files a run through the old hdr processing :pac::pac:.

I wouldn't say it is the most flattering look for fashion as every single detail, spot and wrinkle is amplified. I have to say I rarely use the technique if ever with people. I prefer using it with landscapes and urban photography where I can bring out textures and enhance local detail.

Anyway, good look with your search OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 NayLa

Thanks guys, you all have been very helpful, got a few PMs - will see how it works out, will post the pictures in a while, hopefully it works out well :)

Advertisement