Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For ladies who shave.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I read the thread about the buffy product from Lush, which sounds brilliant. I'm having trouble trying to find the best product for shaving be it using razors, or a cream. I always end up with red bumps and coming out in a rash, then getting ingrown hairs. So which is better razors or using a hair removal cream, and what additional products to stop the red bumps, rash, ingrown hairs. In order to stop the itch, should I continue shaving there every day or so? Help! Would really appreciated some advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

There is already this thread on shaving products, needhelpgirls, so I've moved your post over.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Have to say, given Lush's rep, was surprised to see Sodium Lauryl Sulfate as an ingredient in their best selling soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

cant26 wrote: »
    Hi.
    Just wondering if Lush do any shower products for oily skin? I have started getting spots on my back in the last couple of months.think its because i came off the pill but im in my mid twenties so its really frustrating!! Cant seem to ever find a shower gel for oily skin.They are all for dry skin which would make my back even worse! Thanks..

They have a few shower gels and similar that are very citrussy, so I imagine intended for oily skin. Give them a go. They sell them in various sizes, so you can buy the smallest size bottle first so you don't have to fork out a fortune if it doesn't work for you. I think the smallest bottles are 100 ml.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

The Lemslip body cleanser is suggested for people with body acne. Worth inquiring in store, I find they're generous enough with samples if you're interested in a specific product.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

best razor ive found is the venus breeze / spa breeze etc although the only differene is the scent and the price! the regular venus is very good too - its just handy not having to use cream (i use hair conditioner with disposables = we all have left over conditioner and it seems to be pretty good as a sort of cleanser) but if youre on a stricter budget the the venus angelite is good (i think thats the name - theyre an aqua green colour)

when i shave i always moisturise after. otherwise the skin seems to dry out and then your legs feel all the m,ore like a pair of cacti and you get ingrown hairs. i moisturise them after every shower. originally i started doing that to preserve a holiday tan but found that it was excellent at keeping the legs soft and they didnt feel like the aforemention cactus - its also helping the bloodflow and keeping them in a good state

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I never really got into lush, I think I might start giving some of the products a go though!

Advertisement