Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mobile1541 wrote: »
    <Spoilers added by Mod.
    mobile1541, you have 24 posts on Boards since the 14th of February, all in Mocks threads, and you still haven't read the first post or figured out the need for spoilers?!!

Banned for one day to focus your mind!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I have the following if any one needs them:

English Paper 1 and 2 (DEB)
    Irish Paper 1 and 2 (Examcraft)
    Ag Science (Examcraft)
    Biology (DEB)
    History (Examcraft)
    French (Examcraft)

Could you pm me ag science ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LaDeeDaa

Right lads, last exam in the morning, Chemistry HL Examcraft. So screwed :confused:.. can anyone help me out please?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

OL english paper 2 (DEB)
    anyone have it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 darrenfitz

hey, can anyone tell me the sceal and debate in irish paper 1 HL DEB? thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seanmc92

please anyone pleeeeeease can you post maths paper 1 and 2 examcraft :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kate7

mobile1541 wrote: »
    LCVP examcraft!?? :)

am to be honest im not sure what my lcvp paper was but it yellow if that helps! tongue.gif haha
    and as you know you write everything in the booklet so i can only post up what i remember!

the case study questions were:
    1) list 3 personal and 3 business risks of expanding a business
    2) what are the strengths and weakness of the business?
    ans theres a 3rd but i cant remember

the long questions (not in order) were on
    1) my own place:
    name a businees in your local area,
    what are the advantages of this business to your area,
    your local authority want to make improvements to your local area draw up a questionaire to help them,
    what could your local area do to improve itself?

2) work experience:
    the benefits of w.e.,
    how you evaluated your work experience,

3)job application:
    tips for filling in an application form,
    how to prepare for an interview,
    what is meant by a) IT skills b) equal opportunities employer and c)

4)an enterprise you were involved in during lcvp:
    your role
    how ye evaluated your performance
    how to solve a dispute

5)an agenda

if i can think of any more ill put them up!!! but all in all it was fine, couldnt learn for most of it just common sense like most of lcvp!! you will be writing for the full time though as it was a meaty paper but definately doable!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 kate7

LaDeeDaa wrote: »
    I think its safe to say that i'm the only one who has an exam TOMORROW :mad:

9 o'clock.. into school.. accounting paper!!

So please.. has any done the paper? :(

try being stuck doing them till next tuesday?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 seanmc92

please anyone post or send me maths paper 2 ol examcraft iv been looking for soooo long please anyone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Insaphophia

If anyone has done the DCG HL debs paper could you please help me out i'm so screwed for it :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Shonagh

LaDeeDaa wrote: »
    Right lads, last exam in the morning, Chemistry HL Examcraft. So screwed :confused:.. can anyone help me out please?
    organic production experiment - ethanal
    titration - bleach and sodium hypochlorate one?
    experiment about reacting HCl and NaOH and getting temperature
    heat of formation
    know first ionisation definition and trends.
    properties of alpha particles
    difference between inter- and intra- molecular bonding, how intermolecular bonds are formed and a named example

thats all i can remember, sorry!

In dire need of biology HL, maths paper 2 OL, music HL, and LCVP - all examcraft :(

i have vague recollections of the HL irish, english, french and chemistry examcraft papers if they're any good to anyone!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Shonagh wrote: »
    In dire need of biology HL, maths paper 2 OL, music HL, and LCVP - all examcraft :(

i have vague recollections of the HL irish, english, french and chemistry examcraft papers if they're any good to anyone!

Look back a few pages , the entire biology paper has been posted at least 3 times .

I'm actually blind, I've been searching for aaages.
    Thank you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Carney93

anybody have higher level history spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 KandyVamp

Carney93 wrote: »
    anybody have higher level history spoilers?
    What topics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

Biology HL examcraft

this is what I can remember anyway
    Nitrogen cycle, Name the parts on a synovial joint, Know the basics on ecology, Vegatative Propogation ( Know the artifical and natural ways and the advantages/disadvantages of them, difference between a vein and an artery, Part B(experiments) a food test, yeast alcohol one didnt do the other one so not too sure on that, long q,s ecology conservation and pollution in it, female reproduction system. Cant think of anymore more but hope that helps!

Any chance of english P2 HL examcraft

Might be able to find Maths paper 2 OL if you can get it ;)

KandyVamp wrote: »
    What topics?

all them if possible :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sk1994

Hi did you get hints for Business? Can you please tell me

Awnyeah wrote: »
    Any hints from the examcraft papers (the ones with the tick on the front) for any of the following subjects would be really appreciated! :)
    • Honours English
    • Honours Home Ec
    • Honours Business
    • Honours Geography
    • Pass Maths
    • Pass Irish
    • Pass German

Any chance of english P2 HL examcraft

Might be able to find Maths paper 2 OL if you can get it ;)

english paper two.. did it myself today :P
    Boland - Boland explores universal themes through a variety of techniques from domestic imagery to mythological analogy.. Give a personal response blah blah blah.
    Frost - Frosts poems, while often expressing positive sentiments, are tinged with sadness.
    Wordsworth came up too but I don't remember the question!

Comparative - Cultural context and Vision & viewpoint.
    CC - The cultural context of a text often restricts the behaviour and actions of a central character
    V&V - The general vision and viewpoint of a text influences your response to a text

Hamlet - (i) "Shakespeare uses the soliloquy to reveal fascinating insights into his characters in Hamlet"
    Discuss this statement supporting your answer..

(ii) "Hamlet is both a hero & villain in this play"
    Discuss..

Unseen poem - Auto Wreck
    Its quick soft silver bell beating, beating,
    And down the dark one ruby flare
    Pulsing out red light like an artery,
    The ambulance at top speed floating down
    Past beacons and illuminated clocks
    Wings in a heavy curve, dips down,
    And brakes speed, entering the crowd.
    The doors leap open, emptying light;
    Stretchers are laid out, the mangled lifted
    And stowed into the little hospital.
    Then the bell, breaking the hush, tolls once.
    And the ambulance with its terrible cargo
    Rocking, slightly rocking, moves away,
    As the doors, an afterthought, are closed.

personal response highlighting the impact it makes on you (20 marks)

OR

mood and how is it conveyed (10 marks)
    AND
    choose one image from it that appealed to you

that any help? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 KandyVamp

Carney93 wrote: »
    all them if possible :-)
    I did the higher level DEB today, but unfortunately teh teacher took the paper back at the end, but I can still try and tell you what I remember..

Someone posted this previously though:
    Document: Sunningdale (don't know the question)

Dictatorship & Democracy:
    1. What conditions allowed the formation and growth of fascist regimes in Europe during the period 1920-1939?
    2. How successful were the French governments of the third republic in overcoming the problems facing France in the aftermath of WW1?
    3. How did the Jarrow protests reflect the social and economic difficulties facing Britain during the inter-war years, and how were they overcome?
    4. How effective were the Nazis in exploiting state control and use of mass media to indoctrinate the german population?

Pursuit of Sovereignty :
    1. What were the main stages of the negotiations of the Anglo-Irish Treaty 1921, and what were the primary strengths and weaknesses of the delegations involved?
    2. What was the contribution of James J.McElligott to economic affairs during the period 1923-1949?
    3. How effective were successive Unionist governments in N.Ireland in consolidating partition in Ireland up to 1939?
    4. How were language, religion and education used to promote separate cultural identities, North and South, during the period 1920-1949

United States & Wider World:
    1. What impact did the Montgomery Bus Boycott, 1956, have on the civil rights movement in the US?
    2. How did US foreign policy contribute to the decline of the Cold War 1973-1989?
    3. What were the social and economic implications of mass higher education in the US during the period 1945-1989?
    4. In what ways has religion and/or mass media in modern American culture changed society in the US?

......... But some of the things on my paper were different for some reason and I did different topics as wel so below are the things I remember from today :P
    But from the paper today, I think the US questions were the same (I diddn't do US), but the dictatorship and democracy questions are wrong. The Qs I remember are (and not word for word)
    1. what did Britain and/or Germany do in the 1930s for the economy?
    2. How did Hitler and the Nazis use foreign policy?
    3. How did Stalin and Lenin transform (or use or something) Russia as a totalitarian state?

And I did Movement for reform too:
    1. To what extent was the 1885/86 general election a success for Parnell ad the Home Rule Movement?
    2. Something about the strike and lockout (sorry don't remember)

Aaaand Nation States and International Tensions:
    1. To what etent was Wilhelm II a poor leader
    2. How did new Imperialism lead to strained relations between states.

That's all I remember. If you do the US course though, I know for sure that the bus boycott question did come up (I just sa that because the nazi q that they said was on was wrong).
    ALSO! The document is Colaraine. NOT sunningdale. And the long document question asks about the lockwood report.
    Hope that was helpful! I think the examcraft questions are posted around elsewhere on the forum if you're looking for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Dr.Evil

Happen to know if
    the boycott
    came up on the mocks.ie honours history too by any chance?

that any help? :P

sound here goes a long one lol :D

Maths P2 ordinary examcraft
    1 given the area of a triangle and one side get the vertical height

1b simpsons rule a trick one, youre given the area and you need to get the lenght of the bottom bits

c volume of a cone and prove a cylinder with the height of 8cm has the radius of the route of 10 from the( same as the volume of the cone)

2 a- area of a triangle using the formula with a point (0,0)

b l = -3x + 6
    get the slope of l
    verify (1,3) is on the line
    l intersects the x-ais at point S find the co- ordinates of S
    show the line l on a digram

c your given 3 points A,B,C find the equation of BC find the equation pf the line k through A and perpindicular to BC

3 a write down the equation of a circle
    verify a point is outside of the circle

b x+2y = 5 intersects the circle x squared + y squared = 10

investigate AB is the diameter of the circle

get the co ordinates of a HK circle
    fint the equation of a point

didnt do 4

5 a lenght of an arc of a circle

b find some lenght of triangle

c more lenghts co sin in this

didnt do 6 either

7 a get the mean

b mid interval values mean
    standard deviation

c draw an ogive
    get the interquartile range

only did 11 in section B, let me know if you need anythin on that section

thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 EmilyN

I go to a grinds school in Newbridge and we have like october, Christmas and March exams but because we cover the whole course in a year, we havent got through everything yet so we cant do actual mock papers.. instead we just do like tests made out by the teachers and its ridiculous because we're told exactly whats going to come up and it means we dont get tested on everything.. they claim they are a way better place to learn and everyone always gets fantastic results but like the tests we get are nothing like the real exam I cant even do the past exam papers and ive been in this school for 2 years !
    I dont think a school or better teachers enhance your results its all based on how much work you put in yourself.. no matter where you are.
    what do you all think?

thanks a million :)

added more, posted too early by accident anyway....

no bother you havnt done HL Geography by any chance have you?

dunnaman93 wrote: »
    added more, posted too early by accident anyway....

no bother you havnt done HL Geography by any chance have you?

no, sorry! i know people that did it yesterday though, i could probably get some idea off them but i wouldn't have it til tomorrow if thats any good..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 IrelandTS

Can Someone Please Give Me The German Higher Level Examcraft Paper , i Have it Tomorrow And i Havent a Clue !!

KandyVamp wrote: »
    I did the higher level DEB today, but unfortunately teh teacher took the paper back at the end, but I can still try and tell you what I remember..

Someone posted this previously though:
    Document: Sunningdale (don't know the question)

Dictatorship & Democracy:
    1. What conditions allowed the formation and growth of fascist regimes in Europe during the period 1920-1939?
    2. How successful were the French governments of the third republic in overcoming the problems facing France in the aftermath of WW1?
    3. How did the Jarrow protests reflect the social and economic difficulties facing Britain during the inter-war years, and how were they overcome?
    4. How effective were the Nazis in exploiting state control and use of mass media to indoctrinate the german population?

Pursuit of Sovereignty :
    1. What were the main stages of the negotiations of the Anglo-Irish Treaty 1921, and what were the primary strengths and weaknesses of the delegations involved?
    2. What was the contribution of James J.McElligott to economic affairs during the period 1923-1949?
    3. How effective were successive Unionist governments in N.Ireland in consolidating partition in Ireland up to 1939?
    4. How were language, religion and education used to promote separate cultural identities, North and South, during the period 1920-1949

United States & Wider World:
    1. What impact did the Montgomery Bus Boycott, 1956, have on the civil rights movement in the US?
    2. How did US foreign policy contribute to the decline of the Cold War 1973-1989?
    3. What were the social and economic implications of mass higher education in the US during the period 1945-1989?
    4. In what ways has religion and/or mass media in modern American culture changed society in the US?

......... But some of the things on my paper were different for some reason and I did different topics as wel so below are the things I remember from today :P
    But from the paper today, I think the US questions were the same (I diddn't do US), but the dictatorship and democracy questions are wrong. The Qs I remember are (and not word for word)
    1. what did Britain and/or Germany do in the 1930s for the economy?
    2. How did Hitler and the Nazis use foreign policy?
    3. How did Stalin and Lenin transform (or use or something) Russia as a totalitarian state?

And I did Movement for reform too:
    1. To what extent was the 1885/86 general election a success for Parnell ad the Home Rule Movement?
    2. Something about the strike and lockout (sorry don't remember)

Aaaand Nation States and International Tensions:
    1. To what etent was Wilhelm II a poor leader
    2. How did new Imperialism lead to strained relations between states.

That's all I remember. If you do the US course though, I know for sure that the bus boycott question did come up (I just sa that because the nazi q that they said was on was wrong).
    ALSO! The document is Colaraine. NOT sunningdale. And the long document question asks about the lockwood report.
    Hope that was helpful! I think the examcraft questions are posted around elsewhere on the forum if you're looking for them...

Thank You very much!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭JohnSmith17

I HAVE:
    OL English paper 1 and 2 ( DEB)
    OL Maths paper 1 and 2 (DEB)
    HL Religion ( DEB )

I NEED:
    OL Business DEB (asap)
    OL History DEB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement