Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2011 *** READ FIRST POST before posting or risk being banned! ***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mcrdotcom

Can anyone tell me just the experiments for the chemistry papers? Examcraft or debs i'm not sure which I have sorry :D

Do you have irish paper 2 examcraft?
    It was the the one with :

clare sa speir know a summary and character of the husband

cearrbach theme of gambling
    poetry poems are gealt- nil aon ni and compulsary is faoiseamh

So extra info?

Chemistry
    Bleach(sodium hypochlorite w/v%), Ethanal and heat of reaction between HCL and NaOH (polystyrene cup)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 airsheridan

mcrdotcom wrote: »
    Do you have irish paper 2 examcraft?
    It was the the one with :

clare sa speir know a summary and character of the husband

cearrbach theme of gambling
    poetry poems are gealt- nil aon ni and compulsary is faoiseamh

So extra info?

Chemistry
    Bleach(sodium hypochlorite w/v%), Ethanal and heat of reaction between HCL and NaOH (polystyrene cup)

what paper is that Chemistry for?

what paper is that Chemistry for?

Examcraft

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ali92

Mocks.ie are the papers we're using anyone know what's coming up in OL Irish and Biology of mocks.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mrs.K

Annoying :( Need help with any other papers?? If i've done them :)

At the minute I'm only worrying about geog and irish, unless you have any idea on the topics for the french hl opinion piece?

• Advertisement

Mrs.K wrote: »
    At the minute I'm only worrying about geog and irish, unless you have any idea on the topics for the french hl opinion piece?
    Obesity and foods you like to cook and eat.

Alcoholism in young people.

I did those two and then the journal intime which was on the day you finished exams and how you felt about it.

Examcaft :D

Oh and he posted the HL french DEB about 2 pages ago if your DEB

mcrdotcom wrote: »
    Obesity and foods you like to cook and eat.

Alcoholism in young people.

I did those two and then the journal intime which was on the day you finished exams and how you felt about it.

Examcaft :D
    I have no idea what paper yet, but hank you for some heads up (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭letsbehonest

Can anyone give me Higher Geography with deb?
    I have maths paper 1 and 2with deb!
    I have LCVP with Deb!
    I have French Higher deb!
    I have English Ordinary level both papers with deb!
    I have Maths Ordinary lever with deb both papers!
    I have Business Higher with deb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Donegal1993

Yahhh :)
    The cumpulsary is school discipline, one on racism in Ireland today and one on kids playing video games :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Business Higher with deb!
    Abq

management activities
    human resource management
    and a third i can't remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sdude009

could somebody please tell me what drwing comes up on the deb paper i have it tomorrow i would be greatful if someone gave it to me thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Racheln456

Has anyone does a History HL paper where the document's were the Apprentice Boys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Fachtna07

would really appreciate if someone could help me with maths paper 2 higher level!! my paper 1 had a tick on the front of it. it also had a question
    in differentiation to solve cosx using first principles.
    whats coming up on paper 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Quinn Rob

Anyone have:

Religion
    HL
    Examcraft

Please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Insaphophia

Anyone have

History OL Debs

Please :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Hannah McCarthy1111

The diagram summarises the Nitrogen Cycle...
    (a) What is the function of the Nitrogen Cycle ?
    (b) What form of nutrition is involved in process Z?
    (c) Name the process represented by X?
    (D) Name 2 groups of organisms responsible for the conversion of plant and animal protein to ammonia.
    (e) Name the process represented by W?
    (f) State one way in which nitrates enter the root hairs of plants?

2. Answer the following questions in relation to your study of ecology..
    (a) What is biosphere?
    (b) Explain the term Niche?
    (c) What is meant bi qualitative survey ?
    (d) Explain conservation in relation to wild plants and animals?
    (e) Suggest 2 reasons for conserving wild species?
    (f) State one conservation practice from agriculture or fisheries or forestry?

3.Answer the following questions in relation to your study of enzymes.
    (a) To which group of biomolecules do enzymes belong?
    (b) Name one metabolic process in living organisms in which enzymes play a part?
    (c) What is ment bi an enzyme's optimun pH?
    (d) What is a denatured enzyme?
    (e) Immobilised enzymes are sometimes used in BIOREACTORS. Explain ?
    (f) Name one substance that is used to immobilsed enzyme in a bioreactor?
    (g)name two benefits of immoblising enzymes

4.Answer 5 of the following
    (a) What is meant bi vegetative propagation?
    (b) Name 2 natural methods of vegetative propagation?
    (c) Name 2 artificial methods of vegetative propagation?
    (d) State 2 advantages of vegetative propagation?
    (e) Give 2 differences between vegetative propagation and propagation involving seeds?
    (f) Give 2 disadvantages of vegetative propagation?

5. Diagram shows the structure of a synovial joint
    (a) Explain the term joint?
    (b) Identify parts A,B,C?
    (C) Name the 2 types of synovial joint?
    (d) Explain the function of part b?
    (e) Explain what is meant bi an antagonisitc muscle pair?

6.I dont have it but its about the excretory chapter.

SECTION B.
    Experiment one!7 (a)
    1.in carbohdrates , which 2 elements are in the ratio 2:1?
    2.name 1 polysacchairde other than cellulose?
    (b)
    Answer the following question in relation to a series of food tests carried out in the school libray?
    1.name a test used 2 identify presence of fat in the food?
    2.state the colour which indicates a postive result in this test?
    3.why must solutions of starch be prepared on the day that they are to be used?
    4.name the reagent used to test for startch and the colour change associated with a positive test?
    5.name the reagents used to test for a reducing sugar?

8.Yeast cells produce ethanol in a process called fermentation
    1.name one industry that depends on fermentation?
    2.name 1 end product of the industry you named in (1) above?

(b)
    Answer the following in relation to an experiment to prepare and show the presence of ethanol using yeast
    name one substance that yeast can use to make ethanol?
    1.what substance other than ethanol is produced during fermentation?
    2.suggest a suitable termperature for this experiment?
    3.describe the control that you used in this experiment?
    4.the production of alcohol eventually stops? why ?
    5.name the reagents used 2 demonstrate that alcohol has been produced and the colour change associated with a positive test?

1.yeast are eukaryotic wat does this mean?
    2.name one fungus other than yeast that you studies during ur course?

(b) Answer the following question in relation to an experiment that u carried out to investigate the growth of leaf yeast?
    1.from which plant did u collect the leaf sample?
    2.describe how u collected the leaf sample?
    3.name the nutrient medium tat u used?
    4.the nutrient medium shud be sterile? explain the term sterile?
    5.describe the control used in this experiment?
    6.the agar plates wer left the right way up 4 the first 24hrs?why ?
    7. Wat was the result of ur investigation?
    8.having finished the experiment wat did u do with the agar plates?

Q10: Dont have it but its all about ecology.
    I remember one part of it was the difference between abiotic and biotic factors.

11. wat is meant bi the genetic engineering?
    state 2 applications of genetic engineering one involving a micro organism and one involving a plant?
    the diagram shows some off the chromosomes in the nuclear of a cell taken from a small mammal?
    is the mammal male r female explain
    b is linked to d but not to a explain?
    are any of the traits shown here sex linked?
    wat term is used to describe the allele pair Bb?
    draw a diagram similar 2 one above but in wich a is homozygous recessive and c is homozygous dominant?
    the formation of protein is determined vy the sequence of bases contained in the dna molecule
    name the organelle where the protein synthesis takes place?
    explain the term triplet state the role of a triplet in protein synthesis?
    describe the role played by both mRNA and tRNA in this process ?
    explain wat is meant by the term dna profiling?

12. name 1 human female menstrual disorder int he case of this disorder give
    a possibe cause
    a method of treatment?
    the diagram shows the female reprductive system
    in which of the labelled parts do the following occur
    meiosis
    fertilisation
    implantation?
    state 1 cause of infertility in the female and 1 cause of infertility in the male?
    wat is meant by the in-vitro fertilisation?wat is done with the products of in vitro fertilisation ?
    after implantation the embryo first develops into a morula and then into a blastocyst?explain the terms italics?

answer the following questions frm ur knowledge of human embryology
    wat is germ layer?
    in the case of any 1 named germ layer relate it to an organ or system in the adult body ?
    from wat structure does the placenta develop? state 2 functions?
    name a hormone associated with the maintenance of the placenta?

state 1 precise location in the human body at which red blood cells are made?
    state 2 ways in which red blood cells differ from typical body cells from the cheek lining?

the human circulatory system is a closed system containing 2 circuits?
    explain closed?
    give the name of each of the circuits?
    which of these circuits involves the pumping of blood by the left ventricle?
    contrast the structure of arteries and veins in transverse section by use of labelled diagrams?
    give reasons for any 2 differences in structure of arteries veins?

gaseous exchange occurs in the aveloi
    name the 2 gases which are involeved in this exchange which of these gases can trigger deeper or faster breathing?
    name the process involved in the passage of gas between the aveoli and the blood
    give 2 ways in which an alveous is adapted for efficient gas exchange
    name one breathing disorder
    in the case oof the breathing disorder that u have named state
    a cause
    means of prevention
    a treatment?

the diagram shows the human digestive system

name the labelled parts a-f
    whcih of the parts labelled plays a role in mechanical digestion?
    describe 2 functionsof bile in relation to digestion?
    answer the following in relation to the enzyme amylase
    where it is secreted ?
    where does it act?
    wat is the approximate pH at its site of action?
    name the part of the digestive system in which the end products of digestion are absorbed?
    name 1 process involved in the passage of the products of digestion into the blood?
    describe 2 ways in which the structure that u have named in above adapted for the absorption of the products of digestion?

wat is the primary role of chlorophyll in photosynthesis
    write an equation 2 summarise photosynthesis?
    is photosynthesis an example of a catabolic or an anabolic reaction?
    y is the dark stage given the alternative name of the light independant stage?
    name a gas that is essential for the dark stage
    to wat group of biomolecules do the main prodycts of the dark stage belong?

answer thr following question in relation to systems of response to stimuli in the human body ?
    state 2 diff between nervous and hormonal actions?
    the pancreas is both an exorcine gland and an endocine gland explain those 2?
    name a product of the endocrine portion of the pancreas and state one of its functions?
    in the case of one other named endocrine gland state:
    its precise location
    one hormone it produces?
    name a disorder other than cancer for one of the following and indicate a possible cause and a means of treatment?
    musculoskeletal system
    nervous system?

AG SCIENCE
    ]Q1: (a)[/B] State one main mineral of the following: CAN, Lime, Ground Rock
    (b) Explain Biological Control and give one plant pest and one animal pest that could be controlled using biological control
    (c) Explain the following in pig production (i) Gilt (ii) Lysine (iii) Integrated Pig Unit
    (d) what is pathogen give an example of a plant and animal pathogen
    (e)State the rock group of the following (i)Limestone(ii)Granite(iii)Marble(iv)Sandstone
    (f) 3 advantages of clover
    (g) Give an example of (i)incomplete metamorphosis(ii
    (h) Name 1 function of haemoglobin and one component in the structure of haemoglobin
    (i) Describe the cause of bloat in ruminant animals state one method of treatment
    (j) Explain: calving interval, tail painting

Q2 (i)3 Characteristics of Loam soil (ii)explain humification and mineralisation and state 2 soil requirements for both
    (b)explain: capillary growth, gravitational water, available water capacity,permanent wilting point, calcification
    (c)(i) give 3 differences between soil developed under grassland and under a coniferous forest (ii) what is cation exchange?

There are two options for questions 3's it would take me ages to type them both out but for option 1 [1. is all about the nitrogen cycle
    2. is about crop and cereal growth
    3. is about the liverfluke
    for option 2 [a) is about comparing beef and dairy breeds and points to look at when purchasing beef at a mart
    (b) is about average wool yield, synchronization of the oestrous in sheep,why colostrum is essential to new borns, fat percentage of milk
    (c) Ph,DM%,DMD% and protein% of good quality silage, one anerobic bacteria for fermintaition of good quality silage.

Q4.Describe lab or field method to show 2 of the following (a)bacterial quality of a sample of milk (b)botanical composition of an old grassland (c)the capillarity of 2 contrasting soil types (d) extraction of pigments from a sample of grass

Q5. 4 characteristics if certified seed,2 examples of vascular tissue and one function each, two advantages of earthing up of potatoes, fungal disease that effects potatoes, explain catch crop and give example, describe a cereal under the headings soil suitability, fertilizer requirements,harvesting and yield

Q6.example of a ruminant animal and name the 4 stomach compartments of that ruminant, give four advantages of in-wintering in ewes, whats body conditioning score

Q7 difference between mitosis and meiosis, 4 stages of mitosis, whats a clone and how are they produced, explain hybrid vigour, then theres a genetics cross question where you have to find the genotypes and phenotypes of the offspring, what is mutation and 2 factors of mutations explain gonads, incomplete dominance, embryo transplantation and progeny testing

Q9 give a scientific explanation for: waterlogging of podzols, importance of oxytocin in female animals, removal of the tick from grazing land , leader follower system and the production af gaese in a slurry tank.

now i need maths OL
    ag science deb!

Home Ec Examcraft

Short questions:
    vitamin E functions, define gelatinisation and hydrolysisis in relation to starch, difference between cis and fatty acids, functions of clothes and how washing detergent works, shared ownership housing, tracker mortgage, difference between prebiotics and probiotics.

Long Questions:
    Q1 was to compare a table of different types of milks eg fortified, skimmed etc and their nutrional value. Also describe homogenistion and pasteurisation. Functions,properties,deficiencies, sources of Vitamin A and then write about how dairy industry has responded to recent consumer demands for new products or something.

Q2 - Make a day's menu for a vegan and include one fortified food. Describe problems which may occur in a vegan diet. Nutritional and dietetic value of eggs.

Didn't do question 3 and don't remember what it was - something to do with HACCP/sensory analysis I think.

Didn't do q 4 either but it was about management systems and being resourceful and environmentally friendly during a renovation or something.

Q 5 - About disability - how the family assist disabled people physically and psychologically, name one organisation which deals with disabled people etc. Also how social/technoligical change has altered modern family structures.

Elective - We did the social studies one so I don't know what the other one was.
    Social studies - evaluate two types of childcare facilities available, discuss cottage industries/co-operatives, equality of education, factors that contribute to child's educational achievement and others I cant remember

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

HannahMcCarthy111 ...

Read the first post!! Use spoilers!! It tells you how to use them!! >.<

And your other question was answered previously by one of the other mods:
    spurious wrote: »
    Use the search function.
    There are two different Home Ec. papers posted in this thread.

Hint - do NOT search for 'Home Ec.', search for a word or topic you might expect to find on the Home Ec. exam and only the Home Ec. exam.

People, cop on, and stop expecting us to do your searching for you / clean up after you because you can't be bothered to learn to use spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Hey can any one Tell me anything about the HL Art Histroy Paper? :) Got it tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DANIEL BRYAN

MATHS PAPER 2 EXAMCRAFT HIGHER LEVEL

PLEASE PLEASE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Donegal1993

currychips wrote: »
    Hey can any one Tell me anything about the HL Art Histroy Paper? :) Got it tomorrow :(
    Section 1:
    Newgrange
    Bronza Age artefacts
    High crosses
    Romansque architecture
    georgian architecture
    Jack b yeats
    Tony o malley

Section 2:
    Architectur of gothic period
    Gothic painting and style
    Leo de vinci
    Diego velazquez
    Jacques louis david
    Question on a painting fitting into give catergories
    Roy Lichtenstein
    Main characteristics of art styles or moements out of wither impressionism, art nouveau, fauvism or surrealism

Section3:
    Product packaging design
    Urban housing desing
    Gallery visit
    Television adverts
    Public structures in ireland

DEBs paper ;)

Is it examcraft or DEB if the barcodes on the left top corner?
    I have the two maths OL and OL accounting both that company if anyone wants the basis questions.
    Haven't got a scanner though, so can't send the actual papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jdirl

Help!
    I have my Irish HL Pre in less than 12 hours.. I think my paper is Examcraft my aural was Spoiler :
    Ruari going to Austraila
    Please help me! I'll be forever grateful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 qwertyuiopas

anyone know english paper 2, that has paper one
    publishing, photography, and iraq
    dont have time to go through all posts cause test tomorrow:eek:. please

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Hi everyone these are some of the hints for the mocks i have collected from here and allhonours, so good luck!!!
    Examcraft Biology HL
    Spoiler: Q1 - just learn the nitrogen cycle
    Q2 - was ecology and know pollution and waste management
    Q3 - was genetic engineering . it gave you an example and u had to know whether it was a womans dna or a mans
    Q4 - was vegettive propagation i think
    Q7 - alcohol and yeast
    Q8 - Foodtests
    Q9 - fungus on leaf
    Q10 - ecology - know a niche, difference between abiotic and bitoic, and know 3 different climatic factors
    Q11 - blood and the circulatory system
    Q12 - Femals reroductive system. youve to be able to label the diagram and theress a bit on all that embryo and placenta stuff
    Q14 - label digestive system diagram and photosynthesis and endocrine system
    Q15 - something to do with a seed..dormancy? ..respiration and viruses

Biology Examcraft HL but it could be DEB - I did DEB and it sounds the same so check other posts, please!!!
    The diagram summarises the Nitrogen Cycle...
    (a) What is the function of the Nitrogen Cycle ?
    (b) What form of nutrition is involved in process Z?
    (c) Name the process represented by X?
    (D) Name 2 groups of organisms responsible for the conversion of plant and animal protein to ammonia.
    (e) Name the process represented by W?
    (f) State one way in which nitrates enter the root hairs of plants?

2. Answer the following questions in relation to your study of ecology..
    (a) What is biosphere?
    (b) Explain the term Niche?
    (c) What is meant bi qualitative survey ?
    (d) Explain conservation in relation to wild plants and animals?
    (e) Suggest 2 reasons for conserving wild species?
    (f) State one conservation practice from agriculture or fisheries or forestry?

3.Answer the following questions in relation to your study of enzymes.
    (a) To which group of biomolecules do enzymes belong?
    (b) Name one metabolic process in living organisms in which enzymes play a part?
    (c) What is ment bi an enzyme's optimun pH?
    (d) What is a denatured enzyme?
    (e) Immobilised enzymes are sometimes used in BIOREACTORS. Explain ?
    (f) Name one substance that is used to immobilsed enzyme in a bioreactor?
    (g)name two benefits of immoblising enzymes

4.Answer 5 of the following
    (a) What is meant by vegetative propagation?
    (b) Name 2 natural methods of vegetative propagation?
    (c) Name 2 artificial methods of vegetative propagation?
    (d) State 2 advantages of vegetative propagation?
    (e) Give 2 differences between vegetative propagation and propagation involving seeds?
    (f) Give 2 disadvantages of vegetative propagation?

5. Diagram shows the structure of a synovial joint
    (a) Explain the term joint?
    (b) Identify parts A,B,C?
    (C) Name the 2 types of synovial joint?
    (d) Explain the function of part b?
    (e) Explain what is meant by an antagonisitc muscle pair?

6.I dont have it but its about the excretory chapter.

SECTION B.
    Experiment one!7 (a)
    1.in carbohdrates , which 2 elements are in the ratio 2:1?
    2.name 1 polysacchairde other than cellulose?
    (b)
    Answer the following question in relation to a series of food tests carried out in the school libray?
    1.name a test used 2 identify presence of fat in the foos?
    2.state the colour which indicates a postive result in this test?
    3.why must solutions of starch be prepared on the day that they are to be used?
    4.name the reagent used to test for startch and the colour change associated with a positive test?
    5.name the reagents used to test for a reducing sugar?

8.Yeast cells produce ethanol in a process called fermentation
    1.name one industry that depends on fermentation?
    2.name 1 end product of the industry you named in (1) above?

(b)
    Answer the following in relation to an experiment to prepare and show the presence of ethanol using yeast
    name one substance that yeast can use to make ethanol?
    1.what substance other than ethanol is produced during fermentation?
    2.suggest a suitable termperature for this experiment?
    3.describe the control that you used in this experiment?
    4.the production of alcohol eventually stops? why ?
    5.name the reagents used 2 demonstrate that alcohol has been produced and the colour change associated with a positive test?

1.yeast are eukaryotic wat does this mean?
    2.name one fungus other than yeast that you studies during your course?

(b) Answer the following question in relation to an experiment that you carried out to investigate the growth of leaf yeast?
    1.from which plant did u collect the leaf sample?
    2.describe how you collected the leaf sample?
    3.name the nutrient medium that u used?
    4.the nutrient medium should be sterile? explain the term sterile?
    5.describe the control used in this experiment?
    6.the agar plates wer left the right way up four the first 24hrs?why ?
    7. Wat was the result of ur investigation?
    8.having finished the experiment what did you do with the agar plates?

Q10: Dont have it but its all about ecology.
    I remember one part of it was the difference between abiotic and biotic factors.

11. wat is meant bi the genetic engineering?
    state 2 applications of genetic engineering one involving a micro organism and one involving a plant?
    the diagram shows some off the chromosomes in the nuclear of a cell taken from a small mammal?
    is the mammal male r female explain
    b is linked to d but not to a explain?
    are any of the traits shown here sex linked?
    wat term is used to describe the allele pair Bb?
    draw a diagram similar 2 one above but in wich a is homozygous recessive and c is homozygous dominant?
    the formation of protein is determined vy the sequence of bases contained in the dna molecule
    name the organelle where the protein synthesis takes place?
    explain the term triplet state the role of a triplet in protein synthesis?
    describe the role played by both mRNA and tRNA in this process ?
    explain wat is meant by the term dna profiling?

12. name 1 human female menstrual disorder int he case of this disorder give
    a possibe cause
    a method of treatment?
    the diagram shows the female reprductive system
    in which of the labelled parts do the following occur
    meiosis
    fertilisation
    implantation?
    state 1 cause of infertility in the female and 1 cause of infertility in the male?
    wat is meant by the in-vitro fertilisation?wat is done with the products of in vitro fertilisation ?
    after implantation the embryo first develops into a morula and then into a blastocyst?explain the terms italics?

answer the following questions frm ur knowledge of human embryology
    wat is germ layer?
    in the case of any 1 named germ layer relate it to an organ or system in the adult body ?
    from wat structure does the placenta develop? state 2 functions?
    name a hormone associated with the maintenance of the placenta?

state 1 precise location in the human body at which red blood cells are made?
    state 2 ways in which red blood cells differ from typical body cells from the cheek lining?

the human circulatory system is a closed system containing 2 circuits?
    explain closed?
    give the name of each of the circuits?
    which of these circuits involves the pumping of blood by the left ventricle?
    contrast the structure of arteries and veins in transverse section by use of labelled diagrams?
    give reasons for any 2 differences in structure of arteries veins?

gaseous exchange occurs in the aveloi
    name the 2 gases which are involeved in this exchange which of these gases can trigger deeper or faster breathing?
    name the process involved in the passage of gas between the aveoli and the blood
    give 2 ways in which an alveous is adapted for efficient gas exchange
    name one breathing disorder
    in the case oof the breathing disorder that u have named state
    a cause
    means of prevention
    a treatment?

the diagram shows the human digestive system

name the labelled parts a-f
    whcih of the parts labelled plays a role in mechanical digestion?
    describe 2 functionsof bile in relation to digestion?
    answer the following in relation to the enzyme amylase
    where it is secreted ?
    where does it act?
    wat is the approximate pH at its site of action?
    name the part of the digestive system in which the end products of digestion are absorbed?
    name 1 process involved in the passage of the products of digestion into the blood?
    describe 2 ways in which the structure that u have named in above adapted for the absorption of the products of digestion?

wat is the primary role of chlorophyll in photosynthesis
    write an equation 2 summarise photosynthesis?
    is photosynthesis an example of a catabolic or an anabolic reaction?
    y is the dark stage given the alternative name of the light independant stage?
    name a gas that is essential for the dark stage
    to wat group of biomolecules do the main prodycts of the dark stage belong?

answer thr following question in relation to systems of response to stimuli in the human body ?
    state 2 diff between nervous and hormonal actions?
    the pancreas is both an exorcine gland and an endocine gland explain those 2?
    name a product of the endocrine portion of the pancreas and state one of its functions?
    in the case of one other named endocrine gland state:
    its precise location
    one hormone it produces?
    name a disorder other than cancer for one of the following and indicate a possible cause and a means of treatment?
    musculoskeletal system
    nervous system?

DEB Biology HL
    Short Q:
    1.Structural carb in plants
    Structural protein in animals
    whats 2 monosaccharides joined
    vit for calcium absorbtion and vit for circulation
    where do cell reactions occur
    2.had to answer questions on a graph about pop.
    why is the trend the way it is
    fators that effect pop. and how they affect
    3.just know plant cell and where each reaction takes place.
    4.know what differences between dna and rna (sugars and strands)
    State a function of one type of rna
    State bases of dna
    5.diagram of villis dont have to label but say where what occurs.
    know its part of lymphatic system and give 2 other functions of system.
    6.know which vascular tissue is which on diagram of dicot stem
    name vascular tissues and which one carries food.
    differance of monocot and dicot with respect to vascular tissue.
    2 other plant tissues formed in meristem.
    Experiments
    1.preperation of cell.
    2.know diagram of production of alchol from yeast
    3.dna isolation say why each step is done Eg.blend to break down cell wall etc.
    Long questions.
    1. Ecology know ecosystm, predation and habitat
    name ecosystem you studied and plant there
    show how plant named is in abundance
    1 abiotic and 1 biotic factor influencing distribution.
    how you caught animals ie. equipment, pooter.
    predetor prey in ecosystem and adaptions of predator prey named.
    competition and example of it in your ecosystem.
    2 respiration you were given 2 equations, 1 for fermentation and the other was the lactic acid one you had to say they were part of glycolysis.
    Cant really remeber much but just know where atp is used, which one produces more energy.
    immobilised enzyme and bioreactor
    know experiment of immobilisation and an application.
    3.genetics, know gene and gene expression.
    def for sex linkage and 2 common characteristics.
    then you have to do a genetic cross.
    know evolution and theorys
    4. didnt even read it sorry but it had something about root and shoot systems.
    5.know stimulis and what body organ reacts to which stimulis.
    say which part of organ reacts and how.
    def for hormone and something about hormone supplements
    know growth regulators and name 2 and wher they come from and how they work.
    6.menstrual cycle know hormones and their function, day 1 and day 15 and something else cant really remeber
    know how embryo sac of plant forms.
    draw seed and label and say functions of what you labeled.
    Difference between monocot and dicot in how they store their food
    circulation know all different heart viens and where they go, know what i mean? also say if diagram is open or closed system and diff between arteries and veins

DEB HL Geography
    2a sketch map
    b igneous rock formation
    c human interference with rock cycle
    3a dome and shield volcanoes
    b irish landform like a waterfal or whatever
    c human interaction with sea or river processes
    a was handy
    b secondary activities in paris
    c global activities of a mnc
    9a simple question
    b two EU policies effecting irish economy
    c two impacts of EU expansion on ireland
    then there was to soil and one biome question on the adaptations of animals and plants at the end

DEB HL Chemistry
    q1 was the water of crystallisation
    q2 production of ethanoic acid
    q3 is the heat of reaction of hcl and NaOH
    then the usual q4
    q5 is first ionisation and electronegativity and bonding,
    q6 is crude oil and stuff
    q7 is treatment of water
    q8 is naming homolgous series stuff
    q9 is the rate of chemical reaction and graph drawing and chemical equilibrum
    q10 is a) avogardos law and volume and moles stuff
    b) struture of the atom, isotopes and ar and stuff
    c) is oxidation and bleach experiment
    q11 was A) h2 gas with sulfuric acid
    B) strong acid and strong base
    C) a - manufacturing in chemical industry and b - aluminimum stuff

HL Irish DEB
    Paper 1
    :
    Saol Slantúil, drugs contributing to society, one of the sceals was The Apple Never Falls Far From The Tree and the debate was about politics....
    the 2 reading comps: one was about the brazilian government and the other about people running marathons!

Paper 2:
    Pros : lig sinn i gcathu , an bhean og , An cearrbhach mac caba and Coileach Ghleann Phadraigh
    1)ta an mishuaimhneas go forleathan sa sceal ''An bhean og''
    E sin a phle an ghearrsceil seo

2)''Is amharach an rud e nach bhfuil an gnathmhac leinn cosuil le Martin i Mealoid '' an raitis sin a phle maidir leis an sceal ''lig sinn i gcathu
    And compulsory
    1) ta triethe an bhealoidis leirithe go soileir sa sceal bealoidis '' an cearrbhach mac caba'' dean ple gairid air sin

2)sa sceal bealoidis'' an cearrbhach mac caba '' faighimid scathan ar shuailci agus ar dhuailci an chine dhaonna ''
    an raiteas sin a phle

AN Triail
    1)''is macalla e an drama An Triail , de shaol soisialta na hEireann sna seascaidi'' dean ple ar an raiteas sin agus tu ag tagairt don drama An Triail

2) ''nil moran daoine maithe sa drama seo '' An tuairim sin a phle i bffianaise an drama an triail

Poetry: Bímse Buan ar Buairt Gach Ló or Níl Aon Ní and Jack
    And Dán do Mhelissa and Maigdileana
    i)''is e an maoithneachas an mothuchan is laidre sa dan nil aon ni ''
    ii) cen gealltanas a thug an file da ghra da dtiocfadh se/si leis ? (Níl Aon Ní)

i)dean cur sios ar an gculra stariuil ata taobh thiar den dan ''bimse buan '' dean tagairti don dan fein chun do thuairmi leirii
    ii) dean ple gairid ar mheadaracht an dain seo agus a hoiriunt do mhothuchain an dain (Bímse Buam ar Buairt Gach Ló)
    agus
    i)''sa dan jack tugtar sracfheachaint ar shaol na tuaithe ata mar chulra leis an dan ''

ii)maidir leis an dan jack dean tracht gairid ar na hiomhanna is mo a chuaigh i bhfeidhm ort sa dan agus minigh do roghanna

Maigdileana
    -1) is about her havin a lonely life on de streets -explain/ comment on this ?
    2) u have explain de lines from ''Amantai eile tchim ..... down to go paddington
    3) do u like this poem ? and explain

DAN DO MELISSIA
    1)conas a usaideann an file an dulra chun teama an dain ''dan do M '' a leiriu?
    2) dean cur sios ar ghra na mathair de reir mar nochtar sa dan e
    3)explain de lines ''Bheadh an damh down to nathair nimhe

Stair is : an Fhiannaiocht
    Athbheochan na Gaeilge
    Filiocht na mBard (all 3 pointe)
    Do rogha dha cheann diobh: Foras na Gaeilge, Radio na Gaeltachta, Gael Linn and Udaras na Gaeltachta
    do rogha dha cheann diobh: Ogham, an Dinnseanchas, Tain Bo Chuailgne and Na hAnnala

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭currychips

Thank you sir ;] LEGE :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

anyone know english paper 2, that has paper one
    publishing, photography, and iraq
    dont have time to go through all posts cause test tomorrow:eek:. please
    must be examcraft as i did DEB but that is HL is i dont know if you are doing OL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement