Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CLOSED] Win a weekend for two at the energy efficient Maryborough Hotel & Spa, Cork

Options
  • 24-01-2011 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Well folks, it’s our last January competition. This time we’re giving away a fantastic luxury weekend for two at the Maryborough Hotel & Spa in Cork.

Why this particular prize? Well we just thought, as we’ve been telling you all month about how much money you could save by being more energy efficient, what if we were to send you to be pampered in a place that has taken on saving energy in a big way?

The Maryborough Hotel & Spa has undergone a major energy efficiency makeover with the help of the team at ESB. Top to bottom, they’ve gone right through the hotel, completely changing the way they use energy – from all of their internal and external lighting, to how they pump the swimming pool and heat the hotel.

Situated just outside Cork City, The Maryborough Hotel & Spa has 93 luxury bedrooms and a fantastic leisure centre complete with pool, ESPA spa, revitalising sauna and steam room, relaxing jacuzzi and state-of-the-art gym. To be in with a chance of winning this great prize (with its two nights B&B and dinner one evening) – and let’s face it, we could all do with a weekend away like this right about now – just tell us on this thread:

Where in the world would you like to be right now and why?

Maybe it’s Cancun, the Caribbean, or even better – down in the People's Republic of Cork - get posting to be in with a chance to win!

Best of luck,
    Chris

Details of the terms & conditions for this competition can be found here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭bullpost

In The Long Valley supping pints of Murphy and eating one of their famous sandwiches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I would like to be in Lottery Headquarters collecting a few million ...so I could pay off the Mortgage and jet off with the missus on a round the world trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭JJDoherty

Anywhere but Ireland would probably be the correct answer surely...

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

anywhere sunny and warm!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

My competition entry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 WilburWild

Absolutley anywhere but work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 WilburWild

Do they still do those sandwiches? I must call in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Standing in the rain at a bus stop in Courtenay, BC. It may be wet and miserable but at least then I'd be with my boyfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

i need some sun!!!!! beam me over to mauritius for a bit of R&R and scuba diving please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Somewhere picked at random using RANDOM.ORG’s “True Random Number Generator”.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭St._Andalou

In Paris, sitting outdoors drinking a coffee, trying (and failing miserably) to look this chic:

144886.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭smythwicks

I would like to be back in the year 2020 Just to see how everyone has changed and to see how much different everything is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

In Akihabara, Tokyo buying lots of gadgets to use more electricity! ....from renewable resources obviously ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

In Sydney, visiting cousins I haven't seen in forever. While getting ready to head off on the rest of my round the world trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

In the cosy Copley Arms in Cornwall, where my partner is enjoying a real ale at this very moment...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

smythwicks wrote: »
    I would like to be back in the year 2020 Just to see how everyone has changed and to see how much different everything is :)

What? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭remeneerb

In Las Vegas, winning on the slots!!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

In Las Vegas-swimming in the pool and sipping cocktails-pretending there is no recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

I would love to be away anwhere out of the cold and the wet. Give a some sand sun and some wind for the kite and I will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

Iceland - they don't let ice, snow or money problems bother them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Nice and warm in the bar of O'Sullivans in Crookhaven with a pint of Beamish, knowing everyone else is in work

• Registered Users Posts: 21 lorcafan

Joondalup, Perth, Western Australia so that I could hug my daughter instead of Skyping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭memomy

strolling home from work on a Friday evening. Inhaling that fresh cold winter air into my lungs as I near ever closer to my house. Approaching the front door I’m greeted by my beautiful girlfriend and mad dog where peace and happiness awaits :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭grateface

Relaxing with my beautiful girlfriend who I haven's seen in a week because of my Mater's Exams, who's happily putting up with my moodiness and stress,

She's in rathmines and I'm only drumcondra. Half an hour away!!
    That's the one place I want to be right now but I cant. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

Sitting on a creaky old train watching Europe whoosh past and attempting to speak some questionable German/Dutch/French, as I embark on my 6th year interrailing holiday!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'd like to be just finishing work for the day! I can't wait till i finally get a job and out working again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

right now, the bathroom...but its so far away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭macroboy

In Kamakura japan ,in my girlfriends bed ,as i havent kissed her for almost 5 months now.:confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Netrod

I'd love to be in sunny Sydney visiting my granny!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

I'd like to be transported forward in time, to when I am relaxing in Maryborough Hotel & Spa, enjoying my fab prize ;)

Advertisement