Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Cooking Club Week 3: Raspberry and Pecan Blondies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Made these a while back looking forward to making more oh my they are delicious!
    Used, frozen raspberries, melted white choc and white chocolate chopped up and hazelnuts because i'm not crazy about pecans!

Raw mix
    152324.JPG

Cooked
    152325.JPG

It was the first time I baked in our new gas oven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Lornen wrote: »
    After so many people posting in this thread I had to give these babies a go..

Heading up to see the OH tomorrow and she's a big big big fan of brownies and white chocolate, so I thought these would go down a treat!

Also not the biggest raspberry fan so I picked up some strawberries.
    Coated them in sugar and flipped over in a red hot pan so they got a little caramel crunch to take that bitterness off them as out of season.
    Some people mentioned there not being alot of chocolate flavour so instead of pecans which I didn't have, I broke big enough chunks of white chocolate and scattered through the mix. :)

Can't wait to taste and petrified I'll over cook them as using pyrex!! :(

EDIT: Absolute f*cking disaster.
    I think my pan was too shallow as the juices from the raspberries seems to have stopped the insides from cooking. Edges were fine. Threw have them out in bloody temper. Gutted I wasted 5 quids worth of fruit on them. The tops were almost too done and the middle raw, temp was at 170 and rack on the middle. Never have I had problems with brownies!
    Scalded my finger on molten white chocolate too. Bad day in the kitchen for me. :(

Oh man pity you threw it out - mine undercooked and browned cos i wasn't used to the oven so i turned it down (the temp) and left them in to cook through, they didnt burn. You could have left them in covered with paper to cook through

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

kerash wrote: »
    Oh man pity you threw it out - mine undercooked and browned cos i wasn't used to the oven so i turned it down (the temp) and left them in to cook through, they didnt burn. You could have left them in covered with paper to cook through

My mum sad that to me after they were out of the oven a while and I had them cut! Attempted to cut.. Pan was far too long I think..

You can see where the berries just stopped the mix from cooking, so much moisture in there.

152768.jpg

152769.jpg

Shameful :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You at least managed to salvage some erotic art from the experience. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I try my best :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

phew, it wasn't just me then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Yum! I tried my hand at these last week- first time ever really baking by myself :D our oven is a tad dodgy when it comes to temperature and I ended up having to leave them in for an extra fifteen minutes, at that stage they were nicely browned on top but still quite lovely and moist on the inside!

All my ingredients were from Aldi so it worked out relatively cheap. They do a lovely 200g white chocolate bar. I chopped some almonds in the food processor instead of pecans, and used blueberries on top. Went down very well in work's coffee morning, though I kept having to explain what exactly they were to people!

CV5fH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Gorgeous - I left out pecans but after trying pecans later on I realised I should have added them!

img0631cm.jpg
    img0632r.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Thanks for this recipe OP. I used your recipe but made it into a cake rather than square blondies and brought it to a family get-together. It was devoured and I've since been asked to share the recipe! Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dimple_smile

Made these on Sunday for the third time, they are quickly becoming favourite dessert in our house :)

dsc0361yc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Great recipe, my dad reckons its one of the nicest cakes he's ever had so I've to make it again next week :D Lovely with a cup of tea!

5787524251_9120b67b61_z.jpg
    IMG_6583.jpg by Darren Kenny, on Flickr

5787524861_67cb99551f_z.jpg
    IMG_6590.jpg by Darren Kenny, on Flickr

5788078594_83f8d90377_z.jpg
    IMG_6575.jpg by Darren Kenny, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Made these tonight. Turned out ok although the bottom of them burnt a bit even though I only left them in for 25-30 minutes. Our cooker is unpredictable though. Also would have liked to taste the chocolate a little more. Will try them again with more chocolate and lower heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I made these today.
    I left out the peacons as I hate nuts. All nuts.
    I used strawberries instead of rasberries.
    They were gorgeous.

697c1d47.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

have these in the oven at the moment.

one half with strawberries and other with raspberries

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I also have them in the oven :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Here we go :)

DSCN4109.jpg

Strawberry side

DSCN4111.jpg

Raspberry side

DSCN4112.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

irishbird wrote: »
    have these in the oven at the moment.

one half with strawberries and other with raspberries
    Which was nicer? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I made them again a few days ago, this time I sprinkled the 50g of leftover white chocolate on top, and used raspberries. They were devoured by my co-workers before I could get any pictures!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Which was nicer? :)

i only tasted the raspberry side :D but they were lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭oompaloompa

So I changed recipe a little to make brownies (sorry!!)... OMG they are amazing! I used 1 1/2 of the huge Galaxy bars, added about 100g of cocoa to the flour and left everything else the same... Yum....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So I changed recipe a little to make brownies (sorry!!)... OMG they are amazing! I used 1 1/2 of the huge Galaxy bars, added about 100g of cocoa to the flour and left everything else the same... Yum....
    You changed the recipe? Sacralicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I've made these around 5 times now and apart from undercooking the first time they've been amazing! I use flaked almonds instead of pecans though- 3/4 of a small bag mixed through and the rest on top- which gives them a lovely contrast of gooey and crunchy! Have also made them in round cake form, which looked great cut in triangles with cream. It's a fantastic recipe, really impressive considering how easy it is to make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Anyone know if glace cherries and flaked almonds would work in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Tried these last night for a bake off in work, im not much of a baker/cooker so duno if i did it right. the middle didnt cook as well as the outside, is there a way to make them cook evenly? :o

heres my pics anyways...

IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Thanks a mil for the recipe, tried it last night and they were gorgeous! The only thing was that they came out a bit cakey instead of gooey fudgey if you know what I mean, did I overcook them a bit or is that the way it's meant to be? Either way they are delish and I'll be making them again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I've made these a few time and they are truly amazing! Delicious indeed. Thanks for the recipe - its one of my all time favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Ooh, nice teapot!

/teapot perv

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭No_Regrets

MMM, wow thewse look yummilicious!!

I am planning on baking today so these are being adding to the list, along with chocolate Oreo brownies. Thank God I'm handing them away once baked, and yet again, boo to that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Made these as blondes and brownies and use frozen raspberry they turn out wonderfully well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I have them in the oven at the minute. It's been 35 minutes and they're nowhere near done...I was really looking forward to them too.

My mum thinks our oven (which isn't that old) is probably not working properly.

I'll give them another ten minutes at a higher temperature.

Advertisement