Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Cooking Club Week 3: Raspberry and Pecan Blondies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Made these tonight!! Yummy tastic!!!

TEENY bit doughy in middle, but I think I didn't leave them for long enough in oven but I'll know for next time.

Great combination of flavours! Will try post a pic tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I probably could have made a slightly thicker batter for these - the raspberries pretty much went through into the mix, but still delicious (raspberry + white chocolate is really one of the best combinations going!). Actually, the raspberries through the mix really worked for me. Definitely on my list of regulars from now on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, these look so good! I'm in the process of moving house atm though, so I have no ingredients but as soon as I'm settled in next week, I'll give these a shot in my new oven. :) Nom nom nom!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Dunnes were also lacking in white chocolate. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Dunnes were also lacking in white chocolate. :confused:

I got 2 big bars of Milky Bar in the Dunnes near me to make them, and it worked out very well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

Made these tonight in my wonky oven, baked in around 30 mins. Left out the pecans but added in white chocolate chips instead, and oh my god they were fantastic! I wouldn't normally make brownies/blondies although I would do a good bit of baking but these are most definitely being added to my regular bake list, I couldn't get over how tasty they were, my tray made 16 squares and I think there are 4 left (I made them at half 7... the whole lot here are savages!) which will probably be eaten for breakfast! :D
    Thank you so much OP for putting up this yummy recipe!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I'd only 100g of white choc... I should have added in more butter or oil or something but didn't so mine were a *little* bit dry. Still very tasty though. I also used blueberries and wallnuts:

3oaPy.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

DSC_3044.jpg

I'd be going with more chocolate next time round myself. I timed them for 35 and they were a bit over. Thanks kateos2, we enjoyed them.

Oh, I was also calling them 'Whiteys'. Reminded me of Me, Myself and Irene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

This is what my ones turned out like:

picture.php?albumid=1409&pictureid=8668

Just had some this afternoon and they were delish!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Made these last night and they were lovely. I think their going to take over from the chocolate brownies as the favourite snack! I used macademia nuts instead of pecans (taking inspitation from my favourite subway cookie :D)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Could not believe how easy these were to make. They were a big hit with himself, so much so that I'm making them again at the weekend for his mum and dad. Brownie Blondie Points. Hehehe!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I made these this evening. I used blueberries and normal sugar instead of caster. They are absolutely gorgeous! These will be a regular thing in my house from now on. Thanks OP.

46da76fb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Great recipe! I made these yesterday with one or two slight changes. I thought that I had enough pecans in the cupboard but was about 40g short so I threw in the equivalent in dark chocolate chips. They turned out great. The only complaint myself and my boyfriend have is that they are too easy to eat, half of them are gone already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

10 more minutes in the oven

Had to make 2 slight alterations though i didn't have raspberries or pecans :D

So added peanut butter instead ;)

Update:
    Overdone it on the peanut butter slightly so the white chocolate is a bit overpowered but very tasty.
    I try to avoid baking normally because something always goes wrong but this recipe was easy even for me :D
    Thanks OP

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Didn't get must taste from the chocolate, but this turned out well. Will try a smaller tin next time. Thanks OP. :)

boardspecan.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was thinking I'd put white chocolate chips on top next time alright to increase the chocolate flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

OK, I tried with the organic Green and Blacks chocolate, but to be honest, the first attempt with Tesco Finest chocolate was just as good, so I'll stick to that. I've already had two requests to make more of them, they were such a hit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Finally got round to making these last weekend. Just moved in to new rented accommodation and figuring out the oven so I decided to be cheap on the ingredients and use white cooking chocolate that I had instead of getting decent stuff. Also overcooked the blondies a bit. But despite being a bit too crunchy, and not tasting very strongly of white chocolate, they were YUM :) Will definitely be making these again with various types of chocolate/fruit/nut mixes, and will take them out of the oven 10 mins sooner next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

A few people have mentioned now that there wasn't much a white choc flavour from this recipe.

In other Blondie recipes the white chocolate is not melted into the batter but added as chips/chunks. Doing that, instead of (or, as well as) melting the choc into the batter might fix that problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm surprised by the comments about them not tasting like white chocolate, mine were extremely chocolatey! As I said before I used big bars of Milky Bar so perhaps that made the difference for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

I guess I should clarify, the 'white chocolate' I used was really rubbish cooking chocolate stuff, and didn't taste much of white chocolate before it went in to the mix, let alone after it came out! Will definitely be trying milky bars or similar next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Yeah I've never had an issue of these not tasting chocolatey. I'd usually use milky bar, or sometimes just the tesco brand white chocolate, not cooking and they're fine.

I would never use cooking chocolate when I make brownies or blondies. I go for normal chocolate and find it tastes much better. Brownies or blondies made with lindt are amazing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Yummy! I was afraid I'd done something wrong at first because the chocolate and butter mixture looked awful but it turned out ok in the end. I used frozen raspberries too because I couldn't get fresh and it was delish. I've had 3 and have sent the rest off with my dad to bring into the staff room so at least I won't have to eat any more! Very tasty :)

Just put these in the oven. Mild panic when the butter and chocolate separated then clumped but then it all seemed to come together.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Well these were a big hit. I realised when I was done mixing we didn't actually have a baking tray so ended up making them in heart shaped cookie moulds, on the evening of the 13th February.

"I love the valentines cakes!"

"Eh, yeah, that's... that's just what they are. Surprise!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Damn your oily hide. I made these today and the lot were gone in minutes. I'm in the middle of training for a long race and trying to lose a few kgs, the likes of this doesn't really help.

Absolutely lovely and thanks for the recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Betsysquared

Yummy!

Just made these, used some milky bar and some Cadbury Dream white chocolate. Think I will put more raspberries in next time, there will be a next time!!!
    I added the chocolate as chunks and there is a nice flavour

Thanks for such a handy recipe, I reckon its fool proof!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 dimple_smile

Having a slice with a cup of tea now.... yummy :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Don't normally bake much but these looked too nice not to try, so I gave them a bash last night. Glad I did, they were beautiful.

Used Milky Bars and only half the amount of Pecans (75g)

Oh, and after 5 years of using my oven I finally found out (with the help of my OH) that I was using the wrong setting for the fan oven, some thermal grilling setting :confused:, hence the reason they came out looking more like Tannies rather than Blondies. :D
    I always wondered why I had to turn the oven down so much compared to the listed temperatures........bit of a "Blondie" moment from me!

Anyway, great recipe and they were beautiful with a cup of tea on my teabreak this morning. Thanks OP

dsc0869w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

After so many people posting in this thread I had to give these babies a go..

Heading up to see the OH tomorrow and she's a big big big fan of brownies and white chocolate, so I thought these would go down a treat!

Also not the biggest raspberry fan so I picked up some strawberries.
    Coated them in sugar and flipped over in a red hot pan so they got a little caramel crunch to take that bitterness off them as out of season.
    Some people mentioned there not being alot of chocolate flavour so instead of pecans which I didn't have, I broke big enough chunks of white chocolate and scattered through the mix. :)

Can't wait to taste and petrified I'll over cook them as using pyrex!! :(

EDIT: Absolute f*cking disaster.
    I think my pan was too shallow as the juices from the raspberries seems to have stopped the insides from cooking. Edges were fine. Threw have them out in bloody temper. Gutted I wasted 5 quids worth of fruit on them. The tops were almost too done and the middle raw, temp was at 170 and rack on the middle. Never have I had problems with brownies!
    Scalded my finger on molten white chocolate too. Bad day in the kitchen for me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

made this today too-amazing! dunnes were out of both raspberries and pecans so made it with blackberries and almonds instead....nyommm! Have pictures but alas no USB cable, i'll add them in later if I find it! Thanks OP!

Advertisement