Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Bowl XLV - February 6th 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

2 min on the clock and you need a Td, 2 words.....Peyton Manning !
    Tom_Brady wrote: »
    You'd want Peyton Manning in this situation??
    Yes, yes i would.........if he had someone decent to throw to, not like this season.

Because that worked out so well just a year earlier in Miami? ;)

super-bowl-drew-brees-new-orleans-saints-tracy-porter2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Btw, I don't care about the rest of you but I enjoyed that halftime show. I'd take that over the last few years from the old folks home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Awesome message on twitter

"Imagine how well the #Packers would've done if they had a probowl quarterback."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Best part of Superbowl = THE ADS!

http://www.youtube.com/adblitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Just out of interest when did NFL become the wigger sport of choice? In my day it was basketball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Game over.

From AH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Jesus, AH really is full of cretins. Thanks for dropping this turd on us biko.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hehe sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Fantastic game. Delighted the Packers won. Rodgers was incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Great game, woeful halftime show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭palo

The cream always rises to the top, Congrats to the packers Little old Green Bay.

Wisconsin Abu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Superb game with Rodgers being awesome. Also glad to see Woodson and Driver both have rings now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

cruse you sky sports. i taped the rest and the recoding ended early.

good game. can't wait for next season. hows your man caves going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 uglybetty

Sure

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Well, my NAP came through. I predicted that the Black Eyed Peas would be awful and boy was I right.

Although credit to them though because the bar I was in was full of fcuking idiots who eventually fcuked off to the night club downstairs to leave only the people who were genuinely interested in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Half time show was awful. Christina Augilera was terrible too. The Game...I really wanted Steelers to take the lead at the end when they were 3 behind only for the Packers to go back up the field and clinch it

I didn't bother staying up the last few years and so missed the classics. Felt sorry for some of the Steelers players who have been such good players over the years but GO Packers! Who needs Bret Favre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Feel gutted, but well done to Green Bay - they deserved it because they played the cooler game with less mistakes.

Steelers will be back strong next season, I have no doubt of that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 inggo_dbds

Nice game!!!Steelers did great but just couldn't stand the game..just felt like sharing this thread http://sa-kapihan.blogspot.com/:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

If that wasn't edited that was quite the prediction.

no edit, it was a good game, i did think defense would be crucial but it turned out to be the Packers offense,

similar to last year the underdog came through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

cooker3 wrote: »
    Awesome message on twitter

"Imagine how well the #Packers would've done if they had a probowl quarterback."

Honestly though, the NFC nominated Vick, Ryan and Brees and for all the Pro Bowl's obvious problems it's hard to say they didn't deserve to be picked, especially considering it's a regular season award. Rodgers was cosistently great all season but his position was packed in the NFC and the Packers overall where a very up-and-down team for most of the season - it was a toss up and Rodgers lost out. He has a Superbowl MVP and a ring to console himself with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

bonerm wrote: »
    Just out of interest when did NFL become the wigger sport of choice? In my day it was basketball.

What do you mean by wigger? I'm guessing bonerm doesn't venture into this forum often.

Y'all realise Basketball was invented to make indoor training fun during the winter months?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

On the subject of the HT show... yeah, it was fúcking dire. Worst in years, how it can go from the greatness of The Who's unreal performance to that in one year beggars belief. What can you expect from a shíte band though, whoever was responsible for booking those eeijts should be taken out the back and shot.

I think espn did a nationwide poll in the US on what grade you would give the halftime show... result was a resounding F. says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

That_Guy wrote: »
    Stuck a tenner on Aaron Rodgers first pass to be incomplete. 13/8. :pac:

Paddy Power tried to con me out of this one. Your one behind the counter had no idea what I was talking about so had to spend a good 5 minutes explaining what happened to some chap on the phone. He was convinced that Rodger's first pass was complete for a TD which it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I enjoyed the half time. Seems there are very few of us who did :o

Just starting to go through the Superbowl ads, yeah it's part of the experience :D

This isn't bad

Anyone know which are the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

My god does anybody think Christina Aguilera can sing? She just shouts. Plus she's looking brutal. Was hoping she'd do the National Anthem in stockings and suspenders, a real wardrobe malfunction

I wouldn't mind so much about her shouting if she actually knew the words to the song.

That was absolutely disgraceful.

Going by youtube comments, this was this years best

Make up your own mind

Thought it was good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I wouldn't mind so much about her shouting if she actually knew the words to the song.

That was absolutely disgraceful.

Another pet peeve of mine actually, the singers they get to sing the national anthem... maybe if she didnt extend every note by about 18 beats she might have remembered the right feckin words!

Can someone just normally sing their national anthem without trying to be too flashy? Get an army band in if you ask me.

Wouldnt see someone mauling Amhrán na Bhfiann like that at an All Ireland, thats for sure lol

Not sure where I read it

You can beat how many seconds a singer holds brave, the last word.

Vegas set the over/under at six seconds and it was waaaaay over that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Amazing match. It was the first match I watched where I fully understood the game. My boyfriend was well impressed! :D It got painfully close for a while!

Wool shed was packed, didn't understand why that eejit from glee was there, and Xteena fecked up the national anthem :eek:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/richard-adams-blog/2011/feb/07/christina-aguilera-super-bowl-groupon-national-anthem

Was quite confused by the appearance of Slash at the half time show, but was amazing after all! :) Now I'm severely hungover thanks to the packers win!

The best team won after all! :D GOOOO CHEESEHEADS!

Advertisement