Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Bowl XLV - February 6th 2011

Options
  • 24-01-2011 4:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

200px-Super_Bowl_XLV.svg.png

135px-Pittsburgh_Steelers_helmet_rightface.png135px-Green_Bay_Packers_helmet_rightface.svg.png

Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Green Bay Packers
    Sunday, February 6th 2011
    Cowboys Stadium, Arlington (TX)

175px-Cowboys_Stadium_logo.svg.png

travel_a_stadium1_sw_576.jpg

Live on:

250px-Sky_Sports_logo.svg.png

200px-BBC.svg.png

3_col_titletowns_110123.jpg

Let the build up begin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Go Steelers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Packers. Can't stand Roethlisberger or the fact steroids and bad calls played a huge part in their rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Packers are initial favourites on betfair which is interesting.

The most striking thing from last few weeks from packes pov is how our running game has come on under Starks and the performence of Masthay and our punting unit (Crosby has had to do nothing)
    With that we our a complete team on all phases and if and it's a big if put it altogether in this game I think we will be unstoppable.

Hopefully Rodgers got a wake up call today from his rather average showing and is the Aaron Rodgers from the Atlanta game. Good news is it's in a dome :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Definitely be cheering for the Packers in this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

Go Pack Go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Packers for me too. Should be a guddin'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Packers for me aswell i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I'll be rooting for the Pack............. or anyone but Pittsburgh! Have to say though I think it will be a good game. Both of them are good teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

STEELER NATION!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

what time is kick-off irish time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

what time is kick-off irish time

11:20pm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Gotta go with the Packers. Despite neither of the featuring teams looking too hungry last night Green Bay have impressed me more in recent weeks. Especially with them getting a nice mix of the run and pass from Starks. Pouncey will be a big loss if he doesn't play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I dont really care who wins, but it'll root for the Packers anyways. Just delighted the Jets didnt make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Le King wrote: »
    Packers. Can't stand Roethlisberger or the fact steroids and bad calls played a huge part in their rings.

Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

I have only started watching american football in the last number of weeks.
    I really enjoy the game but what i enjoy even more is betting on the game.
    Over the past few weeks i have had some nice returns mostly betting on the overs/unders market.
    For a sport i know very little about i have won about 80% of the bets i have put on which i think is excellent.

For the superbowl i was thinking about going with the steelers as they have been the more impressive team over the past few weeks and last night in particular.

Anyone else think that the steelers can do it??
    Im thinking about putting all my NFL winnings on them for the laugh and having a nail biting superbowl nite:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

I have only started watching american football in the last number of weeks.
    I really enjoy the game but what i enjoy even more is betting on the game.
    Over the past few weeks i have had some nice returns mostly betting on the overs/unders market.
    For a sport i know very little about i have won about 80% of the bets i have put on which i think is excellent.

For the superbowl i was thinking about going with the steelers as they have been the more impressive team over the past few weeks and last night in particular.

Anyone else think that the steelers can do it??
    Im thinking about putting all my NFL winnings on them for the laugh and having a nail biting superbowl nite:):)

its a tough one to call and its going to one of the closest super bowls IMO. both teams have a fantastic record at the super bowl. personally i am going for a packers win simply because i despise big ben and he should be in jail.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

maybe should be in the pics thread, but I thinnk this conveys my alliegence nicely:

1223towel2-b.jpg

cheesehead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Packers to win it I reckon. Despite their record they have been the most solid team this year (never losing any game by more than 4 points).

The Steelers just lack something still, Big Ben was pretty poor last night except for them 2 crucial passes.

It's almost made for Rodgers to be the MVP this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Will be cheering on the packers myself:D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

goin with the pack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

from the two performances last night i reckon steelers could take it easily, im sure who ill be supporting as i have no interest in either team really and whoever i decide to bet on will be the team i support

i think we are going to see some amazing defence

i wasnt a big follower of the league as a hole accept for the last year but if peoples hate of rothlesberger is over that alleged sexual assault then i think its a bit ridicolous.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Pack is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

Pittsburg Steelers are very tough at home.
    But nobody gets a home game at the SB.

If "home field advantage" has any merit, then the last 2 Steelers wins in the Playoffs aren't really that impressive.

Packers road wins the last 3 weeks show they have what it takes.

Packers to win by 7+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

The game between the Packers and the Steelers last season (2009-2010) was one of the best games of the year. I'm expecing a big scoring, crazy game, but with the Pack to lift Lambeau. Either way I'll be watching live with plenty of beers!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Gotta love the Superbowl. The Jerry Dome is amazing. Can't wait.

For me it's gonna be the Steelers. You can't beat experience.

They also got the most awesomely named player on earth. Willie Colon. :pac:

You couldn't make that **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I like the Steelers. Even if apparently Hines Ward is a bit of a sly dog and Ben seems like a piece of crap. "Irish" owner who expressed an interest bringing them for a game here in Mick Rooney.

But I'm rooting for the Packers. A great team with a great history. Aaron Rogers has had a tough task to live in the shadow of Bret. I think they can match The Steelers on Defense. They need to get going early though, don't want to give up ground and let the game ride on the Steelers Defense because they can get the job done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

As a Steelers fan, I've gotta go with them, but this is the SB I'd have hoped for!

Should be awesome. Steelers to win by three. I think this game is all about the D. Don't expect a high scoring game!

Interesting that both seemed to show up for only the first half in their Conference games. Can't help feeling they both played within themselves in the second half.
    Paddy C wrote:
    the Pack to lift Lambeau

Jeez, I know they're a strong side, but nobody can lift an entire stadium! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Jeez, I know they're a strong side, but nobody can lift an entire stadium! :pac:

Ha Ha yeah, the wind and harsh ice hasn't had much impact on it so I doubt he'll make it stir.

I'd imagine and this is just a wiillllld guess but he meant the Lombardi trophy?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

The Steelers haven't exactly been tested much this year.
    Ok, they had 2 sound Playoff wins at home, but what about the last 6 regular season games?

Crushed the 5-11 Browns away
    Crushed the 2-14 Panthers at home
    Lost to the 11-5 Jets at home
    Crushed the 4-12 Bengals at home
    Won the Ravens in a close one away (split the series with Ravens this year)
    Beat the the 4-12 Bills away.

Doesn't look too demanding.
    Oh well, they'll be tested soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Have followed the Packers since the early '80's and win or lose in the Superbowl this team has made me very proud to be a Packers fan:D

Advertisement