Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Bowl XLV - February 6th 2011

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

jman0war wrote: »
    But nobody gets a home game at the SB.

Until next year ;)

So badly want the Pack to win, but I have a feeling Pittsburgh will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

davyjose wrote: »
    Until next year ;)

Cowboys' fans were saying that last year. Off topic, but the Lucas Oil Stadium looks like a very large shed from a distance.

Hopefully, the NFL will have it in Lambeau before Rodgers retires. :pac:

Packers to cover the spread for me. Playing in good conditions bodes well for the Packers' offence and defence. They have many playmakers on both sides of the ball. I expect Starks to be a big part of the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Cowboys' fans were saying that last year. Off topic, but the Lucas Oil Stadium looks like a very large shed from a distance.
    It's actually a wonderful looking stadium in the flesh. I like it's uniqueness, but that's just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭flyer88

Jets fan myself and i fancied them to take the Super Bowl this year...but in fairness to Steelers they were well on top for the first half and had a superb defence to hold out LT and the likes in the Second Half....! Looking at the Packers match, beat a weak enough Bears team and wont be up to much in the big game. Its the Steelers title to win comfortably for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

"weak enough Bears team".
    What makes you say that?
    Their D was ranked near the very top, #4 ranked D i think.
    Their Offense wasn't v good and it showed.

In fairness they did have an easy ride to the NFC Championship game but it was played in their house, if there was ever a time for a team to stand up and be counted, that was it.

I reckon every single team in the league would have had a tough time against the Bears D in Soldier Field, Championship on the line.

• Advertisement

Sorry my bad...meant poor offence...defence is quality but lacks in offence. Packers from what i see dont stand much of a chance....there QB (lopez i think it is) is very dodgy....if he plays well though they could get going and put up a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,132 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

flyer88 wrote: »
    Sorry my bad...meant poor offence...defence is quality but lacks in offence. Packers from what i see dont stand much of a chance....there QB (lopez i think it is) is very dodgy....if he plays well though they could get going and put up a fight.

Lopez? LOL. Are you sure you're watching the NFL? Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in football at the moment.

/retires to a safe distance and gets popcorn.

Sorry mind blank there. Still with the Steelers all round quality...nobody will stop em

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Sorry mind blank there. Still with the Steelers all round quality...nobody will stop em

If you're that confident you should put a bet on it - bookies have Packers as favourites with a 3 point advantage;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Gonna cheer on the Packers

Sure how I could support the Steelers with a sig like mine!

But always liked the Packers, Clay Matthews will tear up the Steelers O-Line

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The Pack! We'll be eating cheese flavoured popcorn with our beer during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭minty16

Lopez lol

there QB (lopez i think it is) is very dodgy....if he plays well though they could get going and put up a fight.

I have to disagree with you flyer88
    Lopez racked up great numbers this year and is a real team leader and face of the franchise . He was robbed of a probowl spot, how he wasn't selected I'll never know :mad:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

WakeyTyke wrote: »
    If you're that confident you should put a bet on it - bookies have Packers as favourites with a 3 point advantage;)

Fúck that, I'll have a bet with him that Lopez wont throw a single TD...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Green Bay all the way. Screw the Steelers. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

Jeez, I know they're a strong side, but nobody can lift an entire stadium! :pac:
    Wompa1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine and this is just a wiillllld guess but he meant the Lombardi trophy?
    That'll teach me to type things in a hurry and not check what I've written... I meant Lombardi...! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

I'm going to go with the pack.
    I suppose what it could come down to, is how well the steelers D copes with Rodgers & whether the packers D can do a better job coping with Mendenhall than the jets did.
    Should make for a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

Apologies if this has already been asked, but is it only being shown on sky sports?
    I watched it last year in a mate's house and I'm nearly sure they don't have sky sports, I'm a bit confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

tradhead wrote: »
    Apologies if this has already been asked, but is it only being shown on sky sports?
    I watched it last year in a mate's house and I'm nearly sure they don't have sky sports, I'm a bit confused!

Fairly sure the BBC are showing it

davyjose wrote: »
    So badly want the Pack to win, but I have a feeling Pittsburgh will take it.

Agree, but on the other hand the Packers have achieved something this year that will go down in football history, a result that will be referred to for years to come, one we'll get to crow about at least twice a season, and that can't be taken away now.

So win or lose the Superbowl, it's already been an astounding season for us. Whoever thought the Bears would give us that safety net, that fact that the Superbowl would be a bonus in a great great season?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

tradhead wrote: »

It's definitely on BBC again this year mate, which is probably how you and your mate watched it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭Rick_

It's on BBC ONE and BBC ONE HD from 10:55pm. It won't actually be in HD on BBC ONE HD, but it will look a damn sight better than it does on BBC ONE.

Sky Sports are showing it in HD on Sky Sports 1/HD 1 from 10:00pm but the game itself doesn't start until 11:30pm.

I think TV 3 broadcast it one year (2007 or 2008) but it was a one off I think as it hasn't appeared back on Irish television since.

Yeah TV3 had the Steelers Cardinals game.

But they took ad breaks while BBC cut to the studio so unless you're stuck with the four Irish channels, TV3 would be your last option

Which is why they probably never took it up again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭deisedude

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Fúck that, I'll have a bet with him that Lopez wont throw a single TD...!

Lopez is so good, not only will he throw numerous TD's but he will catch them too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

deisedude wrote: »
    Lopez is so good, not only will he throw numerous TD's but he will catch them too:D

I had to post this..for anyone who gets tired of the lame throws at the start go to 50 seconds..I know it's not real but it's cheesetastic!

Rotheilsberger is going to rule the superbowl

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

The only people i hear talking about a "blow out" are Steelers fans.
    Hopefully their players and coach display a similar over-confidence on the day. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Rotheilsberger is going to rule the superbowl

Far superior to Lopez obviously.

I'll take the packers to beat the spread...

adrian522 wrote: »
    Far superior to Lopez obviously.

I'll take the packers to beat the spread...

Nahhh....its steelers to win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Want it to be the Packers, fear it will be the Steelers.
    Rodgers is a more talented QB than Ben, but Ben gets it done time and again in the dying moments. Even if he's having a mediocre game Rothlisberger seems to have the ability to come through at the end, as he did last weekend with that 3rd down conversion.
    Whereas I haven't seen Rodgers win a close game this season. In fact, all the really close games the Packers have played this season they've lost. They don't finish games well, for some reason.
    Also, Packers O line will not cope with Steelers D.

Desperately want to be wrong though.

Advertisement