Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9/11 and Climategate to be discussed on Late Late Show

Options
13»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

alastair wrote: »
    They're not Mossad agents then are they? - they're informers working with Mossad (like Ali al-Jarrah).

:pac:

Working "with" Mossad"?

What like side-by-side in the global war on terror? He was getting a big fat Mossad paycheck but because he didn't appear on an official registry of Mossad employees he wasn't an agent?

Would it surprise to know that all of Mossad's Muslim/Arabic/Persian undercover spies don't attend the Mossad end of year party?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Harry Browne had an article in The Times today..you need to sign up to read it unfortunately..
    Harry Browne: Poor paranoid Jim Corr – everybody is out to get him

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/ireland/News/Comment/article519310.ece

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

:pac:

Working "with" Mossad"?

What like side-by-side in the global war on terror? He was getting a big fat Mossad paycheck but because he didn't appear on an official registry of Mossad employees he wasn't an agent?

Would it surprise to know that all of Mossad's Muslim/Arabic/Persian undercover spies don't attend the Mossad end of year party?

He wasn't on any Mossad pay check though - he was being bribed far more than any Mossad agent would be likely to earn. I wouldn't consider Freddie Scappaticci a MI5 agent either - just another informer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Why is it that some people seem to believe that if you say Isreal or Mossad, you always mean all jewish people?

It's like saying Opus Dei represent the majority of Catholics, or al qaeda represent's all Islamic people.

It's a really easy cop out for some to label a person as anti semitic for criticising people or organisations that happen to have some affiliation with jewish people.
    It's even worse if you're a Jewish person saying things like that, then you're a self hating Jew.

I highly doubt that Jim Corr has read evry single page of each site he links to, so to blame him for the content of sites he's linking to, in what I am assuming is good faith is highly irrational. I would also say that if Jim has a look at any links on his site and see's they do advocate anti semitism he should remove the links from his site post haste.
    I am of course giving him the benefit of the doubt as he stated that he is not anti semitic on live television.

I might expect there to be some weirdo's involved in 9-11 truth who want to blame it on Jewish people, but they're wrong to hold that belief and those said beliefs are most likely influenced by an already existing hatred of Jewish people.

I would also like to state that I have huge misgivings about somebody like Lord Monckton being involved in the "climategate" debate as I'd question his motives for doing so and those of any people he may be affiliated with.

Glazers Out!

alastair wrote: »
    He wasn't on any Mossad pay check though - he was being bribed far more than any Mossad agent would be likely to earn. I wouldn't consider Freddie Scappaticci a MI5 agent either - just another informer.

Fair enough then. It's a matter of opinion if an you consider there to be a difference between and agent of XYZ and an XYZ agent, but it's irrelavant, but that doesn't make uprisings claim any less true.

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    Why is it that some people seem to believe that if you say Isreal or Mossad, you always mean all jewish people?

Little known Iraqi-British rapper puts it really well here.

nullzero wrote: »
    would also like to state that I have huge misgivings about somebody like Lord Monckton being involved in the "climategate" debate as I'd question his motives for doing so and those of any people he may be affiliated with.

Agreed.

Did nobody else notice the irony of Jim Corr pinning 9-11 on the "Anglo-American elite" grinning away with a member of the House of Lords as his right hand man?

Dave! wrote: »
    In the interest of fairness and balance, why don't we quote from another blog post from that site?

http://theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2006/11/22/christ-killers/

The Ugly Truth: A great bunch of lads

Just on that, this from Jewish Professor and human rights activist Israel Shahak.

Page 98, Jewish history, Jewish religion: the weight of three thousand years
    http://books.google.se/books?id=avh6dkSop0EC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Jewish+history,+Jewish+religion:+the+weight+of+three+thousand+years&hl=sv&ei=Imc_TcXAEI76sgbZ1f2GBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
    According to the Talmud, Jesus was executed by a proper rabbinical court for idolatry, inciting other Jews to idolatry, and contempt of rabbinical authority. All classical Jewish sources which mention his execution are quite happy to take responsibility for it; in the talmudic account the Romans are not even mentioned.

The more popular accounts -- which were nevertheless taken quite seriously -- such as the notorious Toldot Yeshu are even worse, for in addition to the above crimes they accuse him of witchcraft. The very name "Jesus" was for Jews a symbol of all that is abominable, and this popular tradition still persists. The Gospels are equally detested, and they are not allowed to be quoted (let alone taught) even in modern Israeli Jewish schools.

Is it discriminatory to make claims against a group who make the very same claims about themselves?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Is it discriminatory to make claims against a group who make the very same claims about themselves?

Yes calling Jews "Christ-Killers" is very racist. What exactly does a Jew today have to do with a (possibly fictional) crucification 2000 years ago?

Its a classic example of tarring a group with the actions of a few, the very basis of discrimination.

Like this:

Belgian Cardinal condones sex abuse silence

See a cardinal condoned it... so its not discriminatory to call catholics sexual abuse condoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Having identified that "a group which are Jewish" <> "Jews" only a few posts ago, one could argue this point as long as one was precise about what "group" these claims were being made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Its great that Jim Corr is getting so much media attention. Mush people will just laugh but some people will do their own research.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

See a cardinal condoned it... so its not discriminatory to call catholics sexual abuse condoners.

THIS, This is something I'd really like to take up in another thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

profitius wrote: »
    Its great that Jim Corr is getting so much media attention. Mush people will just laugh but some people will do their own research.

This, I didn't think he came off as bad as people posted no boards, if he got a few people thinking he'll be happy, even if I don't agree with his concusions

yekahs wrote: »
    Yes calling Jews "Christ-Killers" is very racist. What exactly does a Jew today have to do with a (possibly fictional) crucification 2000 years ago?

Its a classic example of tarring a group with the actions of a few, the very basis of discrimination.

Like this:

Belgian Cardinal condones sex abuse silence

Just wanted to say I'm not ignoring this point. I responded yesterday in detail but my login timed out and I lost what I'd written. Will get back to it when I can whip up the will to post it out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Withdraw! :-)

I watched this. Jim came across as arrogant, as always. That Lord fella made his case very well and was a total hoot. Jim could learn a thing or two from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Withdraw! :-)

I watched this. Jim came across as arrogant, as always. That Lord fella made his case very well and was a total hoot. Jim could learn a thing or two from him.

You mean learn how to act? Jim isn't a politician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

profitius wrote: »
    You mean learn how to act? Jim isn't a politician.

Learn how to present an argument. It isn't easy, and Jim is awful at it.

Advertisement