Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show: 21st January 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Mrs Doyle posed more intellectually challenging questions than Pauline McLynn

Like this one. "Pat wants to know if he can put his massive tool in my box?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Is it just me, or is Pauline McGlynn turning into Mrs. Doyle a bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Mrs Doyle was wired tonight, just rabbiting on and on about nothing in particular.

All we wanted was a few Father Ted anecdotes, that's all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

You'll never watch Father Ted in the same way again:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViBRmLM18ug

This is what Tubs should have said to Jim Corr. Alan Partridge style.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Any video links yet?

Huh?

Haha; someone needs to superimpose Pat Mustard's head onto your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

ascanbe wrote: »
    Huh?
    That wasn't meant to be a reply to your message. I was asking was there any videos of the withdraw comment?

• Advertisement

Put a much bigger WARNING! on that please. My eyes bled!eek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Hector Mildew

All I can say is Holybejaysus! It would've been funny if they picked that clip to show earlier..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

wait till they hear the third child gets less childrens allowance

If only Lord Snooty or Jim Corr had been around to give the Dad a bit of advice ...

I think I'll withdraw from this thread now.smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

All I can say is Holybejaysus! It would've been funny if they picked that clip to show earlier..

"Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on, Go on.....GO ON!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Only caught the end of him corrs piece and I thought the vermin tubridy was extremely rude cutting him off like a child.
    Met Jim Corr couple yrs back in Paris,group of us went on the piss with him and have to say he is a sound fella.
    He is right in what he is saying about the bailout,we are being screwed as we all know but this country continues to protect it's elite.
    Around 200 people have bankrupted this country and that in it's own is shocking.
    On the oil we gave it away without any conditions to shell or a profit share,ya think the Uk govt did that in the north sea.
    Tubridy is such a crap interviewer I cannot watch more than 5 minutes at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

beagle001 wrote: »
    Only caught the end of him corrs piece and I thought the vermin tubridy was extremely rude cutting him off like a child.
    Met Jim Corr couple yrs back in Paris,group of us went on the piss with him and have to say he is a sound fella.
    He is right in what he is saying about the bailout,we are being screwed as we all know but this country continues to protect it's elite.
    Around 200 people have bankrupted this country and that in it's own is shocking.
    On the oil we gave it away without any conditions to shell or a profit share,ya think
    the Uk govt did that in the north sea.
    Tubridy is such a crap interviewer I cannot watch more than 5 minutes at a time.

Jim? C'mon you can do better than that.

Ahhh ya got me Holmes how clever of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

beagle001 wrote: »
    On the oil we gave it away without any conditions to shell or a profit share,

What oil are you on about?

I don't remember oil ever being found around Ireland.

I see you, like Jim, have been paying attention to the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Awful_Bliss

Mixed bag of idiots on the show:
    - That climate skeptic Lord who got offended when he confused a Holocaust skeptic with a climate skeptic
    - the woman who said 'literally' at least twenty times while promoting her Newbridge exhibition.
    - Jim Corr (who wanted to avoid talking about x-rays at airports for some reason had to be pushed).
    - Jean Butler, still living off Riverdance and just won't go away.
    - Pauline McGlinn who is still living on the back of Fr. Ted which is in my opinion vastly overrated.

Didn't catch the first bit of the show - thank God maybe.

• Advertisement

Conservative estimates of 500 billion reserves and upwards and we won't see f-ck all of that winfall.
    Checkout indymedia.ie plenty of info,Irish media are highly influenced still by the fools who sold us down the river in ff.
    When the drilling begins and we see shell plunder the oil it will be another mark on this country,were a laughing stock at the minute.
    Unfortunately it's like a cycle slight change will happen then the same crooks will mess it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

goose2005 wrote: »
    We allowed them to drill for gas (not oil) if they gave us a quarter of their profits - there was always the possibility that Shell'd find nothing and lose money on the deal. Exploration is expensive so there has to be incentives for companies to do it. Anyway, finding oil would be a disaster for Ireland - look what we did with the first bag of cash dumped into our laps, and imagine what would happen if we got an even bigger one.

and i believe Shell have found jack **** so far.

- Pauline McGlinn who is still living on the back of Fr. Ted which is in my opinion vastly overrated.

To be fair, Pauline McLynn normally refuses to do any promo stuff about Father Ted - she's the only living cast member not to be involved in the recent retrospective documentary. She's written novels, been in plays and is now in one of the big UK comedy/drama series.

You can like or dislike Fr. Ted all you like but she's hardly living off the back of it.

OK, I forgot she said she didn't attend the Fr. Ted thing last year and I respect her for that. But I perhaps meant to say that she's a boring guest (especially irritating and nonsensical tonight) that won't go away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Mixed bag of idiots on the show:
    - That climate skeptic Lord who got offended when he confused a Holocaust skeptic with a climate skeptic
    - the woman who said 'literally' at least twenty times while promoting her Newbridge exhibition.
    - Jim Corr (who wanted to avoid talking about x-rays at airports for some reason had to be pushed).
    - Jean Butler, still living off Riverdance and just won't go away.

Didn't catch the first bit of the show - thank God maybe.
    eh no shes not

are you just looking for negatives in everything?
    that newbridge style icon exhibit is free. Im sure visitors who travelled far will buy their food there but the prices/food is supposed to be good.

eh no shes not

are you just looking for negatives in everything?
    that newbridge style icon exhibit is free. Im sure visitors who travelled far will buy their food there but the prices/food is supposed to be good.

Re: Newbridge exhibition - I was making the point that she said literally 20 times. It was irritating. I can't really see many positives in the LLS these days, sorry. They had a cracking guest on a while back (Juliette Binoche) and Tubridy embarrassed himself.

But I perhaps meant to say that she's a boring guest (especially irritating and nonsensical tonight) that won't go away.

Perhaps you should have said that then. We're not mind-readers here on boards.ie

We can't delve into your pretty little head and see what you "perhaps meant to say". We can only go on what you type up and post.

Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭puppetmaster

What was with the Snide "good luck with that" comment out of tubb's on the phone to yer man that won the competiton??

Pat Kenny all is forgiven...... thats sayin alot.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Horse shit

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

What was with the Snide "good luck with that" comment out of tubb's on the phone to yer man that won the competiton??

Pat Kenny all is forgiven...... thats sayin alot.....

Because Tubs is not funny. Not in the Dara O' Brien/Brendan O' Connor/Jay Leno sense where they can be funny week in week out. Most of Tubridy's humour comes from "haha, I'm a manky idiot lol". We all know his bag of tricks now, all his jokes are so predictable.

I was telling everyone that Tubs was going to be a terrible LLS presenter ever since they were doing the nominations for it. In fact I thought Pat Kenny was perfectly fine for the job, I liked Pat on the LLS.

Advertisement