Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show: 21st January 2011

Options
  • 21-01-2011 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0121/latelateshow.html
    Joining Ryan Tubridy on tonight's 'Late Late Show' is 'Father Ted' star, comedian and writer Pauline McLynn. Also joining Tubridy on the show will be Irish band Clannad, who celebrate 40 years in the music business.
    And there will be a panel discussion on the week's political upheaval.

Watch 'The Late Late Show' tonight at 9.35pm on RTÉ One.

Hi everybody, that's the lineup for tonight..
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

as bad as last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

After a quick google,

Pauline Mclynn, has a new book out.

Clannad are bringing out a new album, so no doubt a track from that will be played.

Gay Byrne would be turning in his grave at this blatant whoring that goes on on the late late nowadays.

EDIT: Gay Byrne is alive? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

That's it?

Its going to horrible listening to those repetitive ancient lamenting sounds of despair, regret and misery coming from the studio.

And Clanad won't be too cheerful either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Ryan Tubridy
    @TubridyTweets Ryan Tubridy
    And now, the longest day of my working week. Curious mix on LLS tonight. What a day yesterday? Upbeat tunes this morning. 2fm/9am

He didn't sound too excited about tonight's LLS in his tweet earlier :rolleyes:. Can't say I blame him! Still I suppose it's good "giving out" fodder :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

Load of crap as usual.

Love the way its his yesterday is regarded as an extradinary day. But then again I suppose he was chair of the Kevin Barry Cumann for a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The political debate could be interesting - hopefully they have uncomfortable politicians on the panel while members of the audience relay their stories of not being able to eat this week or having their ESB cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mr E wrote: »
    The political debate could be interesting - hopefully they have uncomfortable politicians on the panel while members of the audience relay their stories of not being able to eat this week or having their ESB cut off.

Liveline on screen then?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pauline McLynn has been showing quite a lot of herself in Shameless recently :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hopefully there will be no polictians on cos Ryan Tubridy Limited will fail to do his job. We need to see Dunphy/Harris/Waters have a set to again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Pauline McLynn has been showing quite a lot of herself in Shameless recently :p

ah jaysus stop will ye.. I was just hearing Tubridy on earlier while I was having the breakfast... Woman on basically saying that she wasnt a size 8.. And then our hero says "I hear you have a great sex life"... mental image of Rosanne Barr on top of me... nearly brought up the Flahavans..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

mike65 wrote: »
    We need to see Dunphy/Harris/Waters have a set to again.

Maybe they could come on and apologise .. particularly Harris, who was rewarded for his support of Bertie with a Senate seat.. sickening..

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭karl tyrrell

The snowbabys are on tonight the tree babys that were rescued at christmass and just made it to wexford hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It will be interesting to see how he twists and manipulates the political debate to try and blame the opposition for everything that his party FF has done to this country

Is that the whole line up or will it be the drip drip drip of bad news all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The snowbabys are on tonight the tree babys that were rescued at christmass and just made it to wexford hospital.

Is that the mother who sounds like a man?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Liberalbrehon

It's my understanding of watching the late late for over 30 years that people come on to
    a) sell something, book, movie, charity, song
    b) they are just famous and they were in town and were offered some money to appear
    c) come on to apologise/explain for something they did
    d) are politicians and just want to get airtime/facetime discussing something on the biggest show of week
    that covers most of it.
    e) oh your a billy barry kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It's my understanding of watching the late late for over 30 years that people come on to
    a) sell something, book, movie, charity, song
    b) they are just famous and they were in town and were offered some money to appear
    c) come on to apologise/explain for something they did
    d) are politicians and just want to get airtime/facetime discussing something on the biggest show of week
    that covers most of it.
    e) oh your a billy barry kid!

You forgot illness/tragedy of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Here, whats the problem with Clannad? :confused:

I'm actually looking forward to them. Heading out tonight so won't be on here to defend them. Theyre not exactly Jedward ffs...

Classic...

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭mikekerry

It really is the scraping of the pot.
    90% of guest are from rte.
    I can imagine the researchers working for the show sitting down in the rte canteen with a pencil and pen and coffee when they bump into their next guest.
    "Will you appear on the late late show?"
    "ehhh yes".
    Great!
    That's next weeks show sorted then!
    There must be a zero budget these days in rte cause they certanily ain't spending it on guests.
    even brendan o' connor interviewing the russian actress that used be in fair city a few years ago looked like he wanted to dig a hole in the ground.
    probably the only ones who haven't been interviewed yet are the rte tea ladys!
    I'm sure i've given the late late show researches a few leads!

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

I will literally EXPLODE if I have to endure Eoghan Harris on tonight defening Cowen and FF and say Brian Cowen is a great man and the victim of a media witch hunt. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I would hope the panel includes Conor Lenihan (for comedy sake), Eamon Dunphy, David McWilliams, Ger Coleran and perhaps George Hook or Vincent Browne (as if considering it is RTE). :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will get some Reeling In The Years moments.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

SB-08 wrote: »
    I will literally EXPLODE if I have to endure Eoghan Harris on tonight defening Cowen and FF and say Brian Cowen is a great man and the victim of a media witch hunt. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I would hope the panel includes Conor Lenihan (for comedy sake), Eamon Dunphy, David McWilliams, Ger Coleran and perhaps George Hook or Vincent Browne (as if considering it is RTE). :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will get some Reeling In The Years moments.:)

Hi Stone Cold!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭shefra

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:D Graham Norton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Hope Harris comes on tonight - it will lose them more votes, seriously.

anyone but dunphy looking for a clap everytime he finishes a sentence, oooohh wait ya here comes the tears........:rolleyes: id like to see someone like paul sommerville on, hes a regular on vincent browne, very passionate but knows his stuff as far as i can see. think hes going to run as an independant candidate. dont mind mcwilliams either as hes pretty spot on most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,429 ✭✭✭✭cson

And I thought last week was bad.

Photo of Tubridy this morning;

barrel-scraping-moodys.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Luis21

Pauline is as funny as a kick in the nads.

Clannad = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

****e show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭eigrod

I really want to watch this political debate tonight. On the other hand, I know it's going to drive me insane watching Tubridy chair it and we all know the direction he'll take it.

eigrod wrote: »
    I really want to watch this political debate tonight. On the other hand, I know it's going to drive me insane watching Tubridy chair it and we all know the direction he'll take it.

it will prob be the same old same old faces, yawwwwn! i hate the usual stuff blaming the current crowd and then applause. get some constructive people in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Don't know whether to go for the wine or the Guinness tonight. I might have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mixed? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

ok....quickfire "you are in charge of the late late" question....

give me 4 irish guests (1 guest = political panel), a band, an act, and a foreign guest....NOW

Jonathan sexton (could be dull as ditchwater for all i know but still)
    kevin myers, david mcsavage, and conor lenihan (political panel)
    band: adebisi shank
    Ricky Gervais...(on a bit of RG buzz this week after the globes)
    Adam clayton
    Sean Moncrief
    Jinx lennon (singer)

Advertisement