Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Another bull**** yellow line load of crap. Hamlin's bumper was ahead of the 39 before he went below the yellow line. Then he went below, but didn't gain any position, therefore legal.

NASCAR really does not do this ruling well. It ****ed Smith out of his 'Dega win in '08, and it's ****ed Hamlin here today.

MICHAEL WALTRIP WINS...the Truck race.

But still, car #15 winning 10 years to the day after that fateful moment on Lap 199 of the 2001 Daytona 500...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I saw of this race, though fell asleep given the hours it was on - the big one was really big.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

Min wrote: »
    I saw of this race, though fell asleep given the hours it was on - the big one was really big.

Both of them were really big! Just your typical Daytona truck race.

Waltrip only won because the other good trucks werent around at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

How was Setantas coverage last weekend? Was it like OpenAccess where they literally just streamed the US coverage?

• Advertisement

Tony Stewart makes it four Nationwide season-openers in a row :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Tony Stewart makes it four Nationwide season-openers in a row :rolleyes:

... and six out of the last 7!

I hope tomorrow's race is good, but im not a fan of this two car tandem stuff, its pretty awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

Gentlemen start your engines!! Junior FTW - sentimental reasons!

Cars are away and rolling. 500 miles over 3-4 hours coming right up!

Went looking for odds on Junior today, PaddyPower had him at 11/1, but I got 33/1 with Boylesports, good each way value i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I've always had a soft spot for Jeff Gordon but Kevin Harvick looked very impressive during the Bud Shootout(I didnt see the Duels on Thursday) but his car looked rock solid and very fast.

With tandem racing though the big one could be massive! Should be a great race!

BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY, LET'S GO RACING BOYS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bush lucky there.

Anyone got a decent stream going?

Junior up to 14th, Allmendinger and Martin working well together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

amacachi wrote: »

Click here

Try Freddy49USA channel on Justin.tv. Working well for me

http://http://justin.tv/freddy49usa

I think it's just my connection being rubbish alas. :(

Johnathangregorio is streaming as per usual. He's got the best feed out of all of them, even better than Freddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Try Freddy49USA channel on Justin.tv. Working well for me

http://http://justin.tv/freddy49usa

+1 his streams are always good quality, and if you have good connection he has a HQ stream too, just ask in chat for the link

• Advertisement

Off-topic but there's something about Graham Hill starting on BBC 2 in a few minutes, could be worth recording. :)

God-dammit. They always go to commercial at the worst time...

Apparently over the course of the two Gatorade Duels the ratio of race coverage to ads was just under 3:1 - 140 minutes of racing/50 minutes of ads

Off-topic but there's something about Graham Hill starting on BBC 2 in a few minutes, could be worth recording. :)
    Thanks for the reminder! Also the M3 is up against the RS5 on TG straight after

The Big One!

Oooh early big one right there.

It was a very tame Big One, that's for sure.

But dammit, Brian Keselowski almost made it through only for a car to come back up the track into him. Guess that's the end of the Cinderella story today :(

It was a very tame Big One, that's for sure.

But dammit, Brian Keselowski almost made it through only for a car to come back up the track into him. Guess that's the end of the Cinderella story today :(

Thankfully, lot involved though. Gonna be some amount of masking tape around the track by the end. :pac:

Pity for Brian alright, that was the one I'm most annoyed about. :P

Just heard them mention changes to the points system, not a fan of it at all.
    I am a fan of giving a couple of the Chase places for race wins though.

Just heard them mention changes to the points system, not a fan of it at all.

It makes a lot more sense though. 43-1 sliding scale, a lot easier to remember than the 185,170,165, whatever nonsense from before. Although I don't understand why they say 3 bonus points for the winner when it doesn't roll down to the top driver who is actually eligible for points (see Nationwide and Truck for exmaples); instead of just saying 46 points for the win.

• Advertisement

It makes a lot more sense though. 43-1 sliding scale, a lot easier to remember than the 185,170,165, whatever nonsense from before. Although I don't understand why they say 3 bonus points for the winner when it doesn't roll down to the top driver who is actually eligible for points (see Nationwide and Truck for exmaples); instead of just saying 46 points for the win.

Easier to remember but there's not enough differentiation between the places at the top but it will encourage plenty of teams to get back out no matter what. I've said elsewhere I think the season winner should always be the one who wins the most races. :)

Advertisement