Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NASCAR 2011

Options
  • 20-01-2011 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭

Not long till the new season starts.

Anyone knows if we will have TV coverage this year in Ireland, rumour has it Open access were outbid by premier sports, but premier sports only broadcast to the UK.
    Setanta???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I'm 99% sure I'm going to be back watching it via Internet streaming, since the only way I'd get to be able to watch it on Magnet is if it goes to ESPN, or ESPN America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

According to Digital Spy it'll probably be on Premier Sports which I think means Setanta over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

Everything on digitalspy just seems to be speculation. I havent heard of Premier before, but im a little annoyed that i bought a dish and box just to get open access last year :(

You would've been as well hooking up a stream to the telly, better quality than Open Access. :pac: I think Premier Sports is the new incarnation of Setanta in the UK, them and Setanta still have the rights to several things I'd love to watch and would pay for, but not pay them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Ugh, unless it's on Setanta Ireland count me out, not paying for that channel. May have to rely on streams

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It is confirmed that Premier Sports are showing NASCAR in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭slamman

Setanta sports ireland have confirmed on they're facebook page that they will be showing the Sprint cup races, click on the tab that lets you see what others say and you'll see Setanta confirming it to two people!

slamman wrote: »
    Setanta sports ireland have confirmed on they're facebook page that they will be showing the Sprint cup races, click on the tab that lets you see what others say and you'll see Setanta confirming it to two people!

Good stuff :) Hopefully the races dont get bumped for football all the time. I wonder does this include the 500, normally the rights to that are sold separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

gs39t wrote: »
    Good stuff :) Hopefully the races dont get bumped for football all the time. I wonder does this include the 500, normally the rights to that are sold separately.

Sky Sports had the 500 last year and then didn't show the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

slamman wrote: »

Really? Dammit, Magnet got rid of Setanta :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Not impressed with Setanta that they're showing NASCAR but not showing WRC this season :(

Thank God for Motors TV even if their coverage was a bit naff in 2010.

It is on Setanta Sports 1 at 1am Sunday morning - the bud shootout.

Would anyone like to take part in a fantasy league for boards on Yahoo? I can set it up if people want to join.

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto

Yeah set it up and post the details. I'll probably not be watching the shoot-out though, Superbowl tonight!

Fantasy league details

http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/

First register, you can pick your team or pick it later after registering, after registering go to
    http://racing.fantasysports.yahoo.com/auto/register/joinprivategroup

Information to join :
    Group ID# 15988 Group Password: nascar2011

amacachi wrote: »
    Yeah set it up and post the details. I'll probably not be watching the shoot-out though, Superbowl tonight!

I'm watching the Superbowl too, the bud shootout is next Saturday night/Sunday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭easygoing39

This is great news that we get to see the NASCAR live in Ireland,nice one Setanta!! Can't wait for this!! Yeee hawwwww!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shakeandbake!

F*********k I didn't realise until now that Setanta has live NASCAR!! Must get my subscription before the 500, in the meantime where would i find a decent stream to watch the shootout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

IMO setanta aint worth it just for nascar alone :(

As i'm an eircom customer i was hoping they would show it on their setanta eircom stream page but their not, so in the same boat as above, if anyone comes across a decent stream would they mind sharing please, if i find one i will post it up here too....

Typically useless Setanta made no mention of them having NASCAR anywhere, so it was pure chance i found out reading here and someone asking them on facebook.

Shootout tonight :)

• Advertisement

IMO setanta aint worth it just for nascar alone :(

As i'm an eircom customer i was hoping they would show it on their setanta eircom stream page but their not, so in the same boat as above, if anyone comes across a decent stream would they mind sharing please, if i find one i will post it up here too....

Found a decent stream. Go to Justin.tv and search for the channel of Freddy49, v little buffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

ahh redneck music forgot how much i hate nascar preshows

gota love those big old v8s fireing up

Was this delayed from last night or something?

Was this delayed from last night or something?

lol its live

lol its live

I realise that, I thought it was meant to be on last night.

EDIT: Just realised "today" is the 12th, stupid day changing at midnight!

I realise that, I thought it was meant to be on last night.

EDIT: Just realised "today" is the 12th, stupid day changing at midnight!
    :D

206 MPH ..... I can see a big crash coming, something has to give. Only prob with being a cheapscate and watching online is bloody american ad's, beggers cant be choosers i guess, he he.

Well Edwards did say during the break that he couldn't see where he was goin!

Split screen cams on Setanta during the US breaks! :D

• Advertisement

great finish

me thinks the 500 will be fun to watch

Advertisement