Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLAN WARS 7 - ULSTER HALL,BELFAST 28TH MAY!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Moloko17 wrote: »
    just a we question, if this 30day rule is so important as it seems, as a result decky dalton had to pull out of a fight on cage contender due to it, so i was wonder why is it you wont let a fighter fight on your show if they are fighting within 30 days on another show due to fighter safety but you are willing to let a fighter you'es manage compete within 30days from when they last competed, what is the difference????

Although this is going off topic of the thread,the difference is not everyone has regulations to follow or are sanctioned, shows who are not sanctioned can make their own decessions on whats best for their show.

Alot of shows do not have a 30 day limit and the promoters are the guys who decide what they want to do regards putting fighters on their card.
    The said fighter I think you mean was booked in Chaos first and was offered a fight 28 days later under the pretense from us that only if he was not knocked out at Chaos, the promoter agreed and since he was not knocked out he did not have to pull out. With sanctioning or regulations you can not do that as a report is submitted of the fights well in advance.

Hope that clears it up and we can get back on topic

thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Fighters can fight every week if they're not under contract. Also if the fighter is amateur you can't hold him under contract unless you're paying him, and if you're paying him he's not an amateur! As long as there's no concussion or other trauma involved a fighter can fight when he wants.

Fighters can fight every week if they're not under contract. Also if the fighter is amateur you can't hold him under contract unless you're paying him, and if you're paying him he's not an amateur! As long as there's no concussion or other trauma involved a fighter can fight when he wants.

Promoter self controlled shows yes as they ultimately decide what they want so can allow guys to fight on a show one week before. most sanctioned shows have the 30 day rule wether your amateur or pro. Fighters should be aware of this agreement before accepting fights, if it doesn't suit them that's cool.
    If they want to fight every week they can but not on the shows who are sanctioned by a body who sets the rules for
    their sanctioned shows.

There are loads of ISKA MMA shows across the Uk, Europe and the world - all must abide by the conditions not just Clan Wars where people must seem to think I have say in the rules lol

IFS.NI wrote: »
    Promoter self controlled shows yes as they ultimately decide what they want so can allow guys to fight on a show one week before. most sanctioned shows have the 30 day rule wether your amateur or pro. Fighters should be aware of this agreement before accepting fights, if it doesn't suit them that's cool.
    If they want to fight every week they can but not on the shows who are sanctioned by a body who sets the rules for
    their sanctioned shows.

There are loads of ISKA MMA shows across the Uk, Europe and the world - all must abide by the conditions not just Clan Wars where people must seem to think I have say in the rules lol
    Which is why the vast majority of sanctioning is essentially bull**** for what is an amateur sport.

If we were talking about having cards full of pro fighters with pro contracts, then 30 day rules are correct and right. However we're talking about amateur cards with professional expectations. Amateur fighters are fighting for free, they're fighting as a hobby (though some might have ambitions, they're amateur until they're paid). If you're fighting for fun and not money, then you should be allowed to do it as often as you wish, as long as it's safe to do so. We're not talking about non-profit organisations with only the sport in mind, we're talking about for profit promotions with a healthy bottom line as one of their priorities. You can't stop someone who is essentially doing you a favour by fighting from fighting as much as he wants.

An amateur fighter fighting amateur rules is gaining experience before moving up a rules class/division. Since they have jobs/studies/lives outside of fighting, they may only have a limited time frame in which to compete. They should be allowed to do that when they see fit. The ISKA might have rules such as these but you're the only promotion in Ireland with that affiliation, so their rules stop once someone steps outside your door, and save removing them from your card, you're pretty powerless to enforce any ISKA regulations.

I'm aware that this is off topic since this is a thread about your show and I don't mean to detract from your promotion, but the question was raised. Perhaps it's better if a moderator splits this so as not to affect your promotion.

Your entitled to your opinion Barry but i feel its taking away from the purpose of the thread.

I have nothing left to discuss on the matter, we run the show how we see fit under the regulations we are given and it has worked well for us.

People who support it and agree to the rules I am given get involved, no one is holding a gun to their heads lol

People who the ISKA rules do not suit don't get involved,Simple. Theres alot of shows to choose from to which we support also.

No one is forced into anything and each team can make their own choice.

I appreciate your input but I would like to keep the post on topic

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Moloko17

[
    I'm aware that this is off topic since this is a thread about your show and I don't mean to detract from your promotion, but the question was raised. Perhaps it's better if a moderator splits this so as not to affect your promotion.[/QUOTE]

I have split this thread and open a new one??

195847_1730934004504_1573137590_31610744_6743038_n.jpg

196809_1730937044580_1573137590_31610751_696405_n.jpg

IRELAND V FRANCE CLAN WARS

Andy 'Taz' Young v Mikael Saintot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QorK6iS9O5Q&feature=player_embedded#at=322

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 KneesStopFight

nice video!! shud be a war as long as it lasts. Dalton had 1 punch knockout power at 70kg. Young has 100 punch knockout power at 66kg add them together striking advantage dalton. if they both stand and trade that is who knows what might be on the agenda lol

• Advertisement

70kg AMA A GNP head shots

Pat Sheridan (Kokoro) v Dom OKane (SI)

Two tough fighters in this match up, Pat made a huge impression at Clan Wars 5 and is hungry looking back in the clan wars octagon to show case his talent once more. Sudden Impact fighter Dom OKane has different ideas! Anyone who knows the Sudden Impact guys they are tough as nails and always put on a good showing!

I've lost track here. Full card?

ALL TICKETS SOLD OUT FOR CLAN WARS 7 AT THE ULSTER HALL BOX OFFICE WITH 2 MONTHS TO GO!

Tickets for the Clan Wars 7 show at the Ulster Hall on the 28th of May have sold out in record time with requests for many more tickets coming in from fighters looking extra and from fans who didnt get their tickets early.

If you havent got your tickets dont give up just yet as there may be some fighters who have a few put aside for their friends. I will text fighters and double check if any of them have any left and keep you all posted.

We are very happy the tickets went so well but its also unfortunate for those who will miss out, we will advertise early again for the next Clan Wars giving MMA fans as much notice as possible to get tickets early.

Thanks to everyone who bought early and for the continued support from all clubs involved and the Clan Wars supporters.

Dont forget doors open 3pm with the first fight at 4pm. Fights should be over 8pm allowing a night out on the tiles for the party animals after!

Performance Nutrition Plus will also be running a supplement stall and offering excellent prices on protein with unbeatable deals for clubs and gyms thinking of keeping stock.

We have 20 clubs representing and have a few extra fights to add before we release the full card altogether.

Thanks for your continued support and help!

See you all soon!

Thank you

Clan Wars MMA

Sold out with 11 weeks to go? That must be a record. Any thoughts on moving it to a bigger venue maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

ALL TICKETS SOLD OUT FOR CLAN WARS 7 AT THE ULSTER HALL BOX OFFICE WITH 2 MONTHS TO GO!

Tickets for the Clan Wars 7 show at the Ulster Hall on the 28th of May have sold out in record time with requests for many more tickets coming in from fighters looking extra and from fans who didnt get their tickets early.

If you havent got your tickets dont give up just yet as there may be some fighters who have a few put aside for their friends. I will text fighters and double check if any of them have any left and keep you all posted.

We are very happy the tickets went so well but its also unfortunate for those who will miss out, we will advertise early again for the next Clan Wars giving MMA fans as much notice as possible to get tickets early.

Thanks to everyone who bought early and for the continued support from all clubs involved and the Clan Wars supporters.

Dont forget doors open 3pm with the first fight at 4pm. Fights should be over 8pm allowing a night out on the tiles for the party animals after!

Performance Nutrition Plus will also be running a supplement stall and offering excellent prices on protein with unbeatable deals for clubs and gyms thinking of keeping stock.

We have 20 clubs representing and have a few extra fights to add before we release the full card altogether.

Thanks for your continued support and help!

See you all soon!

Thank you

Clan Wars MMA

That is a cracking job lads, well done!!! Any chance we could have a peek at a current fight card?

Thanks, yea will do it when I get home - few changes due to injuries etc.

Heres the ISKA Rules break down so people can understand the fights better.

AMA B - No grounded head shots, heavier gloves, all standing techniques except elbows (This would be the same as old semi pro rules only with heavier gloves)

There is only 2 of this type on the show

AMA A - Same as new Irish C class GNP Head shot rules

There are 8 AMA A GnP fights

Pro B - Same as Irish Pro B

Pro A - Same as Irish Pro A minus heel hooks and cranks

There are 7 Pro Fights

Unfortunately due to injury both Peter Duncan and Hugh Brady will not be passed fit to fight for Clan Wars, we wish them both a speedy recovery and hope to see them back soon.

Clan Wars 7 – Ulster Hall – Sat May 28th

MAIN CARD

17 – MAIN EVENT PRO A WELTERWEIGHT
    ISKA CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Ronan Mc Kay (EFR) v Chris Mc Donald (Dungeon)

16 - PRO A WELTERWEIGHT

Merv Mulholland (IFS) v TBC

15 – PRO A WELTERWEIGHT SPECIAL INTERNATIONAL EVENT

IRELAND V TRINIDAD

Henry Fadipe (Lucan) v Dwayne Hinds (Team Dungeon)

14 -NI ISKA PRO A MIDDLEWEIGHT TITLE

Tim Mc Crory (Kyoujin) v Paul Moore (IFS)

13 –PRO A LIGHTWEIGHT SPECIAL INTERNATIONAL EVENT

IRELAND V FRANCE

Jonathan ‘Black Pit’ Favire (Reaper Squad) v Paul Redmond (Ryano)

12 - PRO FEATHERWEIGHT

Decky Dalton (FAI) v Andy Young (Tai Jutsu)

11 – PRO BANTAMWEIGHT

Eugene McAuley (SFT) v Anthony Mc Graph (PHK)

10 - AMA B LIGHTWEIGHT SPECIAL INTERNATIONAL EVENT

IRELAND V FRANCE

Said El Hidraoui (Reaper Squad) v Mark Curry (Gracie Barra)

UNDER CARD

9 -AMA A WELTERWEIGHT

Adam Byrnes (Centaur) v Philip Maher (Ryano)

8 - AMA A WELTERWEIGHT

Gavin Carlin (Rillion Gracie) v Stephen Owens (IFS)

7 - AMA A LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT

Kendal Rankin (Bull Ring) v Stephen Lynn (Karate Jutsu)

6 – AMA A FEATHERWEIGHT

TBC v Jon Morrison (IFS)

5 – AMA A LIGHTWEIGHT

Pat Sheridan (Kokoro) v Dominic O Kane (SI)

4 -AMA A LIGHTWEIGHT

TBC v Simon Peoples (IFS)

3 -AMA A FEATHERWEIGHT

Jason Pedlow (Kyoujin) v Mark Alexander (AVT)

2 - AMA A LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

Kurtis Robinson (Kyoujin MMA) v Geoff Hall (IFS)

1 – AMA B LIGHTWEIGHT

Stephen Cheevers (Chum Sut) v Robert McGlone (Fitness Factory)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Just wondering when did Gavin Carlin start fighting out of Rillions rather that Evolve ?

manga_10 wrote: »
    Just wondering when did Gavin Carlin start fighting out of Rillions rather that Evolve ?

Maybe Jason could confirm but it was shortly after the last Chaos show I was informed.

[

Just wonder why Tim Mc Cory is getting this title shot, should it not be John Redmond, who beat Tim Mc Cory quite easily, so does he not deserve the shot?

• Advertisement

Moloko17 wrote: »
    [

Just wonder why Tim Mc Cory is getting this title shot, should it not be John Redmond, who beat Tim Mc Cory quite easily, so does he not deserve the shot?

John is not from Northern Ireland which the title is for

John is not from Northern Ireland which the title is for
    why not just have an irish, how many sets of titles are you planning on running??

They are ISKA Sanctioned belts not Clan Wars belts - the ISKA belts include -

Regional - Northern Ireland Title

National - All Ireland Title

British - (N.I guys are illedgible for)

Commonwealth

European Title

Inter Continental Title

World Title

These titles are shared by all ISKA sanctioned shows world wide except the regional and national Titles. Clan Wars can offer Regional and national titles with reports to the ISKA on the challengers - the same with British belts and higher but obviously the fighter standard increases with each belt under review from the ISKA committee each time a title is proposed. The British Titles are a big thing in the UK with Wolfslair, Kaobon and Rough House all hungry for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

They are ISKA Sanctioned belts not Clan Wars belts - the ISKA belts include -

British - (N.I guys are illedgible for)

Commonwealth

European Title

Inter Continental Title

World Title.

This is why these "Governing bodies" are not respected, Does Ni have enough fighters to make it even worthwhile? rhetorical question as it does not.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    This is why these "Governing bodies" are not respected, Does Ni have enough fighters to make it even worthwhile? rhetorical question as it does not.

It's still classed as a region no matter how small it is. A title was offered, a
    fight submitted and fight passed. No different to a kickboxing northern Ireland title or boxing n.Ireland title.

I can only speak for the ISKA sanctioning body but yes they are highly respected worldwide, just not by people on this forum which is cool although guys don't run down other peoples shows just because they offer an alternative path.

It's still classed as a region no matter how small it is. A title was offered, a
    fight submitted and fight passed. No different to a kickboxing northern Ireland title or boxing n.Ireland title.

I can only speak for the ISKA sanctioning body but yes they are highly respected worldwide, just not by people on this forum which is cool although guys don't run down other peoples shows just because they offer an alternative path.

I'm not running down your show, lets be clear on that-i like the show but don't care for the iska tag, i've told you this in person also so thats not news to you.

Kickboxing and Boxing have way more participants and i Don't think there are Ni Boxing titles either, and if there are they suck too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Will there be a Southern Ireland regional title at any point?

The ISKA involvement is more than a tag, it's offers a high standard set of rules and regulations in a time where there is no official MMA governing body.

Because we are sanctioned we get approval from police,ministers,doctors and the council. No other MMA show that we know off has ever been passed by the council as none even offer a sniff of some kind of official backing.

Am I saying the ISKA are perfect and the answer, probably not but in the eyes of the councils and thousands of martial artisits around the world it certainly offers alot more than and is the closest yet.

People here seem to think just because Clan Wars uses it that it's some small martial arts body that we only use! Clan Wars is only a small blip in the ISKA with hundreds of shows sanctioned across the world. Why do you think there's so many intenational guys looking to come over to fight on Clan Wars?? It's building a reputation across the globe through the ISKA

So with the option of using a sanctioning that is getting us alot of recognition, backing from councils, international fighters, media coverage , sponsorship deals, recognised titles from a world recognised body I think I will stick with what we are doing - I don't know seems to be working well :)

The ISKA involvement is more than a tag, it's offers a high standard set of rules and regulations in a time where there is no official MMA governing body.

Not going to argue with you but as far as im concerned your show is no different to any other, the tag is meaningless to the MMA Community, its a kickboxing 1 anyway.

I like your show as you run it well, the tag, Meh!

• Advertisement

fightie wrote: »
    Will there be a Southern Ireland regional title at any point?

Haven't any plans for it John

Advertisement