Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots thread (MOD WARNING - #4503)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,817 ✭✭✭nerd69

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Won't be joining the Patriots then!! :pac:

:D shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house little mr giants

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Now might be a good time for the Patriots to ring the Texans! Andre Johnson is presumably a very unhappy camper right now!

As BizzyC said, the cap would be a major issue. We have about €7.5 million left in cap space left. So unless Andre feeling generous, it won't be happening.

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Won't be joining the Patriots then!! :pac:

3558_Recon_HISS725_copy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

We're reportedly targeting Week 1 for Gronk's return. If he's healthy, great, but I have absolutely no issues putting him on PUP to be fully ready for our very tough 2nd half of the season. I'd actually hope we do this instead. And for God's sake, keep him off special teams from now on.

Totally agree JaMarcus, Gronk should not be allowed to return for week 1 imo. I mean can they not see the pattern hear? Three years in a row we lost him at the key point in the season. In 2011/12 when he unstoppable, losing him cost us that Super Bowl. They should have learned from that and used him more sparingly, but no they don't seem to have. If he comes back for Week 1 he'll be totally banged up by week 10 and probably on IR by week 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

No comments on the pats thread in a week, did everyone go on holidays together or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Corv tripped while throwing another monitor out his window and is no more...hence no post in over a week...

Looking at schedule for Nov / Dec to go over. Limited amount of games to get over for :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Just Gronk and Tom in the Top100 this year (if you exclude Talib).
    Probably sums up our offense really. Without Gronk, Tom can still find away to win; but with Gronk it's a different level.
    Talib without doubt helped to improve the defence, so I'm hopeful that a better player like Revis can improve it further.

Probably sums up our offense really. Without Gronk, Tom can still find away to win; but with Gronk it's a different level.
    Talib without doubt helped to improve the defence, so I'm hopeful that a better player like Revis can improve it further.

On conisistency i would have picked Edelman over Talib.

Talib had some huge plays but thought Julian really did it consistantly over the season.

BKWDR wrote: »
    On conisistency i would have picked Edelman over Talib.

Talib had some huge plays but thought Julian really did it consistantly over the season.
    I kinda expected to see Edleman appear on the list. But when he wasn't in the 80-100 range, then I knew he wouldn't be there.

It's just a list that'll get some attention during the off-season; but it's a decent insight into who the player rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

3 players in the top 100, and made the AFC Championship game ?

I presume that shows a good team effort by the supporting cast, or you could argue how important to the team the 3 that made it are/were.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If you exclude Talib then you include Revis surely?

eagle eye wrote: »
    If you exclude Talib then you include Revis surely?
    If you wanted to, then yes.

If you wanted to, then yes.
    Well its either/or, one was a Patriot last season, one is a Patriot this season. There are three Patriots in the top 100 no matter what way you want to look at it.

Well its either/or, one was a Patriot last season, one is a Patriot this season. There are three Patriots in the top 100 no matter what way you want to look at it.
    I said in the initial post (if you exclude Talib.
    I didn't say that he must be excluded.

There are two rostered Patriots that played with the Pats in 2013 that made the Top100 list.

I said in the initial post (if you exclude Talib.
    I didn't say that he must be excluded.

There are two rostered Patriots that played with the Pats in 2013 that made the Top100 list.
    There are three that were on the roster, there are three that are currently on the roster.

As I said, no matter which way you look at it there are three Patriots on that list. Its quite simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

I didn't bother looking at the top 100 this season. Could care less. All it is these days is a popularity contest anyways. And I was reading what Donte Whitner said about players and coaches voting and he called out the NFL saying no player or coach actually vote on it. To sum uip the NFL top 100 is full of horse sh1t.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/04/donte-whitner-questions-if-players-really-vote-for-nfln-top-100/

There are three that were on the roster, there are three that are currently on the roster.

As I said, no matter which way you look at it there are three Patriots on that list. Its quite simple really.
    Two on the roster from 2013. Very simple.

TO. wrote: »
    The “Top 100″ list serves as a conversation stimulator during the dullest times of the offseason, but it shouldn’t be taken more seriously than that.
    Bingo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Bingo.

Not sure what point you are trying to make with your bingo comment but the problem is, that like all these polls they make out as if their peers had something to do with it when realistically its probably just some random nfl employee putting them together. Just like the pro bowl they are pointless and even more pointless discussing them even when there is nothing else going on.

The fact the NFL justify with that comment you quoted from the article sums it up and shows it would be the same as any one of us posting a top 100 and pawning it off as an "Official" poll.

• Advertisement

Not sure what point you are trying to make with your bingo comment
    I was agreeing with your statement and the articles comment.

Not sure what point you are trying to make with your bingo comment....

TO. forgets what 'Bingo' means. Well that's it now lads, it's official. TO. has turned into a Yank...............:pac:

BKWDR wrote: »
    Corv tripped while throwing another monitor out his window and is no more...hence no post in over a week...

65836_6.gif

I'm back smart arse.:D

Two on the roster from 2013. Very simple.

No its three off the 2013 roster, it's also three of the 2014 roster.

Edit: Meh, no interest in this. Find a wall and argue with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Keep discussion of Hernandez to its specific thread

Looking at either Nov or December trip..really limited with home games :-(
    Dolphins...looking best choice but so close to Xmas...will be coooold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

FYI a limited number of Patriots tickets go on general sale July 15th at 10am (EST)

Worth trying there before getting them on the secondary market

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/805980?ac_link=NFLGuideSGT&intcmp=cr101268&wt.mc_id=NFL_TM_LCL_NE_NFL_SPLASH

Hazys wrote: »
    FYI a limited number of Patriots tickets go on general sale July 15th at 10am (EST)

Worth trying there before getting them on the secondary market

http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/805980?ac_link=NFLGuideSGT&intcmp=cr101268&wt.mc_id=NFL_TM_LCL_NE_NFL_SPLASH

The way things are going for me right now, I'd do well to make a game in 2015 never mind 2014.:(

• Advertisement

I'm trying to work a game in and around a trip over to friends but its very hard with that schedule.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement