Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating a Stripper?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Being a stripper is a job..thats it. Same way a professional dancer flutters around a stage dressed in next to nothing. These gals take it one step further and earn more! Also most dublin strip clubs are fairly strict when it comes to rules (touching ect.)

I was with one for a while didn't really bother me but dont go watch her dance for someone! Knowing and seeing is different!

They will tell you themselves that they see it as "work" and switch off and despite what we think when we're in clubs getting dances the strippers are not really thinking of doing us!

That's what I'm talking about, "switch off" what, I'm asking??? They get into an intimate situation with anywhere up to 30-50 guys a night and they "switch off"... Say you end up in a relationship with her and she gets offered some promotion for sex, you'd have someone who can just "switch off" and get on with it because she associates taking her clothes off with financial reward... I wouldn't consider someone who does this dating material, but each to their own...

At least when you look at a heroin addict, you can see an actual drug behind the behaviour, but in the case of strippers, the drug seems to be money...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Can't say I'd try date her myself personally. But if I did like the girl, I'd take the risk and date her, maybe I could overcome it.

But the taught of men idling her would bear heavy on my mind, the taught of someone trying to touch her or whatever. But I'm not judging her for what she does. I think you should give it a go.

You don't really have anything to lose.

p.s: I just need clarification, is it full on stripping or pole dancing, I could manage the pole dancing bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Stripping/pole dancing no problem, i would date her.
    Lap dancing, hmm give me a minute, not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Stop talkin', start ridin'!

Procrastination much?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tommy.obr

Just watching independence day on the telly at the moment,

direct quote ''you'll never get into NASA if your dating a stripper''

just something else to keep in mind...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

If you're cool with your girl getting naked for other guys then you dont care that much about her. You can keep saying "its just a job" all you want, but its highly inappropriate, highly inappropriate I say Ashley!

If she's comfortable gettin naked for guys everynight then she's gonna be comfortable hopping on one of their meatpoles with eff all hesitation

thats a load of ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

If she's comfortable gettin naked for guys everynight then she's gonna be comfortable hopping on one of their meatpoles with eff all hesitation

Would you say that about an actress who had to strip naked for a role on stage every night? Or a life model?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 d4head77

It's all about trust. I went out with a girl who had so many male friends, secret texts, and frequently discovered she was devious and unfaithful. I broke it off.

Once we had a threesome. It was a highly trusted friend of mine who she didn't previously know. It worked well, we did it twice more and all enjoyed it because i knew she was far more into me and just using him, as to be honest he and I knew was the case. What was in it for her was 2 guys, but more importantly her BF (me) and A N Other; what was in it for him was a sexy lady and a bit of craic, what was in it for me was largely giving her anon-threatening (to me!) thrill. So it can't b e said I'm jealous; in fact I'm anything but. I am more than happy for any lady i am with to have as many male friends (not lovers, obvioulsy) if I TRUST her.

But she broke trust in other ways so we are no longer together. If you trust this girl to strip, it doesn;t matter if she turns other guys on - she feels she is YOURS - which is lovely. But if you ever feel she isn't to be trusted, then you and her have to talk and work out what responsibility SHE will take (given her occupation) to make you feel secure.

If that works, you have potential for an amazing relationship. If not, walk.... now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

d4head77 wrote: »
    It's all about trust. I went out with a girl who had so many male friends, secret texts, and frequently discovered she was devious and unfaithful. I broke it off.

Once we had a threesome. It was a highly trusted friend of mine who she didn't previously know. It worked well, we did it twice more and all enjoyed it because i knew she was far more into me and just using him, as to be honest he and I knew was the case. What was in it for her was 2 guys, but more importantly her BF (me) and A N Other; what was in it for him was a sexy lady and a bit of craic, what was in it for me was largely giving her anon-threatening (to me!) thrill. So it can't b e said I'm jealous; in fact I'm anything but. I am more than happy for any lady i am with to have as many male friends (not lovers, obvioulsy) if I TRUST her.

But she broke trust in other ways so we are no longer together. If you trust this girl to strip, it doesn;t matter if she turns other guys on - she feels she is YOURS - which is lovely. But if you ever feel she isn't to be trusted, then you and her have to talk and work out what responsibility SHE will take (given her occupation) to make you feel secure.

If that works, you have potential for an amazing relationship. If not, walk.... now!
    But he's not you. You're just saying what works for you, and telling him he'd feel the same. You dont even know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I would have no problem dating a stripper(and more if available)

It would i imaginew do away with shyness in the bedroom.

However i imagine there would be awkard aspects

For example: Family and friends might assum she is easy

Will you trust her when she is working.

If you can overcome these issues i think you would get buy

You would have to realise that what she was before you met her she is still after so just go with the flow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I've heard that some strippers have little to no interest in sex because their job uses up their energy in that regard, and puts them off wanting it a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

pwd wrote: »
    I've heard that some strippers have little to no interest in sex because their job uses up their energy in that regard, and puts them off wanting it a bit too.

Plenty of non-strippers have that affliction too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

d4head77 wrote: »

Don't know many guy's like you and I reckon the fact that OP is questioning the matter should be obvious sign that he has an issue with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Bullsh*t. You average coppers slut will do worse. They are essentially professional dancers who take their clothes off... a ridiculous generalization. They get paid for being sexy.

Some places they just go topless!

In summation, smoking hot girl, who has the atheltic disposition to be a demon in the sack, who can on a good night earn more than you do in a week. If your head wont be wrecked go for it!

I have to say it wouldn't bother me. The worst experience I ever had with a woman was because I couldn't trust her around other guys. We'd go out and if my back was turned she'd be off with someone - and the relationship ended as a result of that - one night I just walked out of a bar we were in and didn't go back. And she was always secretly texting her ex. But had she been a stripper that would not have bothered me in the slightest. She DID act once as a life model before I knew her - and she stripped naked in the kitchen one evening in front of me and my best friend (who she had only met that night!). We had all been on the gargle and it was all good humoured... far from being annoyed, I actually was secretly pleased at that! But as someone above said "different strokes".....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Indeed, nothing quite as scary as a girl who likes sex. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,557 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Here is the way I would think about it, all these blokes are drooling over her as she strips and most of them would probably wish she would go out with them but it is you who she goes out with, man, that would make me smile so much that it wouldn't matter that she was a stripper. Also have you ever seen an ugly stripper? Another think to consider where as most men only get to look, more than likely you will get to touch. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Soul Stretcher

Hi Op

Stripping is a Job. No more or less than cleaning, working in a factory or being a Doctor.

I would argue the people who being taken advantage of are the men who hand over 2 days pay to stranger who is willing to dance sexily in front of them.

This girl will be hit on on a daily basis. If she is a Stunner, she will be hit on on a daily basis IRREGARDLESS of whether she is a Stripper - at the bus stop, in SPAR, Bus Aras, anywhere.

The fact is she must see something in you that she likes.. which, to be honest, is a huge compliment. I mean she's choosing you out of how many tens of thousands of alternate suitors.

Don't ruin a shot at a happy relationship with small-mindedness. She won't do it forever and she'll earn a nice packet doing it.

Imagine - guys will throw 50 euros to her because she smiled in their direction, yet she will get dressed, go home and get in bed with you. Is that not a massive Ego Boost ? - ;) if we are talking how this will affect your Ego ?

There are unfortunate women all over the world who sell their bodies for a pittance every night to feed their kids. This girl sells tantalization to people (some would say eejits) who are willing to pay to be teased.

Don't see a problem personally. Good Luck OP !

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭lezza

go for it man grat story for granchildren if it doesnt work

Yeah I would agree totally with soul stretcher and floppybits above... a huge ego boost indeed! What I've found - personally - is that when i am with a woman who is always being looked at or chatted up - if I know she is committed to me and I can trust her, then other guys can look, chat up etc etc all they like - because SHE, not me, will make it clear to them that she's not available. If the girl encourages them or is economical with the truth about her being withy you, that's different. But it's got nothing to do with her occupation, and everything to do with her attitude. If I was with a stripper I'd be watching thinking "those eejits are all giving her €50 for 3 minutes titillation, but I have her all night - and longer - for free"! So, my friend - my advice is go for it, and talk to her to reassure both of you. Maybe she, indeed, worries secretly about what some guys think of her. I actually would admire her confidence in stripping in front of strangers - would you do that? I certainly wouldn't and I'm not shy! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Adrian009

lezza wrote: »
    go for it man grat story for granchildren if it doesnt work

Great story for the grandchildren if it DOES ....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Adrian009 wrote: »
    Great story for the grandchildren if it DOES ....:D

"Hey kids - did I ever tell you the story of how I met your grandmother?"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

stimpson wrote: »

I don't think anybody wants to hear about how their grandmother was a stripper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

stimpson wrote: »

In college in this case. I've heard better stories.

Advertisement