Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating a Stripper?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭stimpson

Smyth wrote: »
    OP, I was at a bachelor party for a mater a while back. A lot of the lads had their faces rubbing on her tits, she was spreading her legs and flashing that which is dearest - whilst nude. Getting the guys to lick cream off her.

I hope you went to confession afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I don't get half the replies here. Good on her! She's independant! Bravo to her! if you have a problem she deserves better.

Yup, have your opinion and that but I think it's warped tbh.

OP, I was at a bachelor party for a mater a while back. A lot of the lads had their faces rubbing on her tits, she was spreading her legs and flashing that which is dearest - whilst nude. Getting the guys to lick cream off her.

Wouldn't date a woman who'd do that. Ever.

Empowerment? Bravery?

Bollóx
    Well that would be my personal feelings on the matter too tbh. But different strokes and all.

Me, I admire people who are under pressure, but dont resort to nasty behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

stimpson wrote: »
    I hope you went to confession afterwards.
    3 hail Marys and a prayer to Raptorjesus cleansed me of my sins.

Cream tasted good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Once you're not the jealous type, you should be grand.

Oh, and don't have a beer at her place of work, as that'll just end badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If The Wrestler taught me anything, it's that strippers are awesome companions as well as being smoking hot. Go for it pal. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I don't get half the replies here. Good on her! She's independant! Bravo to her! if you have a problem she deserves better.

Yup, have your opinion and that but I think it's warped tbh.

Wouldn't date a woman who'd do that. Ever.

Empowerment? Bravery?

Bollóx

I don't have a problem with strippers. She is obviously good looking with a good body so she is using what she has to make money. I have zero interest in seeing a stripper as I see it as a bit sad/pointless.

But that does not mean I see anything wrong the girls themselves. Of course I'd rather a girlfriend who worked in a bookshop instead of having lads lick cream off her (not that every stripper does that either), but if I were the OP and knew a nice girl who liked me, her job would not put me off her.

I went on a date with a girl who worked as a life model on occasion. Plenty of people had seen her nearest and dearest too. Other men seeing her naked would not really bother me. I would have had no problem with her as a GF (pity she didn't think the same about me :D). So long as a stripper does just that (i.e. strip), then I would have no issues. Obviously if it went seedier that is different. But stripping would not put me off a girl if I liked her.

Edit: I'm not equating stripping with life modelling! Just using it as an example of somewhere else that people get money for being naked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I find the naivity of people here equating stripper with automatically hot and in shape hilarious. Not saying the OP's girl isn't, but the idea that being a stripper means a girl must be hot is a bit surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

have before and would again

if i thought it was damaging her mentally of whatever i would offer advice but otherwise it dosnt have too much to do with me, you still have to trust them the same as anyone else you would be with

edit; if they had no ambition to be anything other then a stripper i would probably lose attraction and respect for them fairly quickly though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

GodlessM wrote: »
    I find the naivity of people here equating stripper with automatically hot and in shape hilarious. Not saying the OP's girl isn't, but the idea that being a stripper means a girl must be hot is a bit surreal.

well besides the fact that your tongue in cheek detector seems to be off today

you wouldnt consider dating someone you didnt think was hot would you? so you can safely assume that anyone considering dating a stripper thinks they are hot weather you do or not dosnt really matter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Sungodbr

just cause she dances go go it dont make her a hoe no!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well the OP has already said she is very attractive. Anyway he likes her and that is all that really matters.

And yes I know there are some less than aesthetically pleasing strippers. One lived across the road from me. I have no idea who would pay money to see her! But somebody obviously did and fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

The reality of the situation is that the majority if not all strippers are hewers with coke habits. Sorry brah but its the truth

Putting herself through college my orse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Stimpson kindly read our charter before posting and keep the AH style answers for AH,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,777 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I may sound like an oul fart but I honestly don't think I could date a stripper. I just wouldn't be ok knowing that plenty of other fellas are gawking at her lovely boobies every night of the week.
    Thats just me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭jmn89

I seem to recall some excellent advice from Wyclef Jean (Perfect Gentleman): "Just cuz she dances go-go, that don't make her a ho, no... Called up my mama said I'm in love with this stripper yo"

IMO loads of people work crap jobs just as worthy or unworthy of respect as stripping... she's being responsible and doing what she can to support herself - fair play to her. Go for it if you want - at least don't let that be the reason you don't. If you don't, some other guy will and you'll be kicking yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

well all that matters is what you think OP of course, but since you asked..
    I would not date a stripper.
    I wouldn't date someone who flirted heavily with other women. I certainly wouldn't date one who did it to the extreme on a daily basis, who was literally paid to do it. That would wreck my head. Also, I'd respect someone more who got a job in mcdonalds. yeah, the money is a lot ****ter, but i'd still respect it more. plus free mcflurries!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Funkfield wrote: »
    Been there. Done that. Whats the problem?

??.. The problem is that every dirty fat ugly pervert, has their cum stained hands all over your birds tittys.
    Far from perfect.

Stay well clear. She is hardly a keeper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭Sungodbr

jmn89 wrote: »
    I seem to recall some excellent advice from Wyclef Jean (Perfect Gentleman): "Just cuz she dances go-go, that don't make her a ho, no... Called up my mama said I'm in love with this stripper yo"

hey man u stealing my work and rebranding it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Who told you she was a stripper OP?

Is there a chance she may not be and this is a rumour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

What are you going to do when its time for her to meet mommie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

gsxr1 wrote: »
    ??.. The problem is that every dirty fat ugly pervert, has their cum stained hands all over your birds tittys.
    Far from perfect.

Stay well clear. She is hardly a keeper.

:rolleyes:

You've obviously never been in an Irish strip bar.

Hands on dancers body = Burly Eastern European security guard trying to make a pretzel out of you.

At the end of the day OP,it comes down to your own preference.Ive never been in this situation so I obviously couldnt give a 100% honest answer but Id like to think that Id be mature enough to respect her decision and to trust her.Doesnt mean I would be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Just ask the girl out and see how it goes. you are looking too deeply into something before you even get started.

ask her out and enjoy yourself, if she's a nice girl who just does this for money forget her through college, she's hardly the first or the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

I don't really see what the problem is. A job's a job at the end of the day. It's how she makes ends meet. If she goes one step further and sleeps with people for money then I think you should have concerns.

Would you have concerns if she made sandwiches in a shop? Sold shoes for a living?

What she does for a living shouldn't really count. Go for it man. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭james098

jobs are not the basis of a realationship, if anything ur friend being a stripper is very much like her being an actress (which no1 would condem). Her preformance is an act, the real girl is the girl you no, her job should not matter 1 bit......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

What matters mate is whether you would date a stripper, and the easy question to ask yourself here is would you be able to deal with knowing your girlfriend takes her clothes off for other people on a regular basis? Some guys would care, others wouldn't, either response is valid.

I'd be more worried about her "fancying" you, being an act to get into your wallet, that's what stripper's do, they put on an act, throw you the fluttery eyes and the sultry looks, to get money out of you for a dance and this is what they spend their whole working time doing.

Personally I wouldn't dream of dating a stripper, are you mad?!?

I'd be more worried about her "fancying" you, being an act to get into your wallet, that's what stripper's do, they put on an act, throw you the fluttery eyes and the sultry looks, to get money out of you for a dance and this is what they spend their whole working time doing.

That would be valid if everyone brought home their work, just cause a girl does a job for a living. dosent mean she does a living for a job. girls do stripping for a number of reason usually its cause its the only job that pays enuf for them to get buy

by the way I met n married one 12 years 4 kids later yea it was a good idea am I mad just a bit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Being a stripper is a job..thats it. Same way a professional dancer flutters around a stage dressed in next to nothing. These gals take it one step further and earn more! Also most dublin strip clubs are fairly strict when it comes to rules (touching ect.)

I was with one for a while didn't really bother me but dont go watch her dance for someone! Knowing and seeing is different!

They will tell you themselves that they see it as "work" and switch off and despite what we think when we're in clubs getting dances the strippers are not really thinking of doing us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

james098 wrote: »
    That would be valid if everyone brought home their work, just cause a girl does a job for a living. dosent mean she does a living for a job. girls do stripping for a number of reason usually its cause its the only job that pays enuf for them to get buy

Of course much closer to the truth would be that they are just too lazy to do the jobs that other people have to do to get by in life, like waitressing or bar work or whatever.

Personally I wouldn't dream of dating a stripper, I think you'd need your head examined... If I'm with a girl, I don't want to be at home thinking of her out at work naked in heels reversing into some failure of a pervert throwing his money around a strip club so he can get off on my girlfriend, are you mad?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

If you're cool with your girl getting naked for other guys then you dont care that much about her. You can keep saying "its just a job" all you want, but its highly inappropriate, highly inappropriate I say Ashley!

If she's comfortable gettin naked for guys everynight then she's gonna be comfortable hopping on one of their meatpoles with eff all hesitation

Advertisement