Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media: EPC2425/3925 Modem/Router and Speed Issues - POST HERE ONLY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

You don't need your own router to connect to remote vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 tomahony

srsly78 wrote: »
    You don't need your own router to connect to remote vpn.

I know that. It's not the point though. I want to be able to bridge my own router.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Sure, but many readers seem to have the odd idea that bridging is needed for reason X when that isn't the case. You don't even need bridging if you want to use your own router.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://youtu.be/ee0ouiklgEw?t=157

LTT complaining about the 3925 in Singapore, glad to see we're not only ones suffering from shíte CPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

ED E wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/ee0ouiklgEw?t=157

LTT complaining about the 3925 in Singapore, glad to see we're not only ones suffering from shíte CPE.

Didn't cop the TLA but had a fairly good idea given the 3925 and Singapore referances, what I was about to see on YouTube when I clicked the link. Happened to watch the access point shopping and setup video last night and smiled when I saw the rebadged 3925. "Ah there's their problem!"

• Advertisement

Xerox 3250 printer working fine on my old modem IP address 192.168.1.20, put in the UBEE modem, and it does not see the printer. Checked printer and its address is 192.168.1.20 and idea of what I am doing wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

uregare wrote: »
    Xerox 3250 printer working fine on my old modem IP address 192.168.1.20, put in the UBEE modem, and it does not see the printer. Checked printer and its address is 192.168.1.20 and idea of what I am doing wrong

Is the Ubee Modem on a different subnet? Maybe 192.168.2.0?

Printer is 192.168.1.20, Subnet 255.255.255.0

I cant find a subnet for the UBEE but the IP mask is 255.255.255.0

THe UBEE range is from 192.168.0.1, with this printer you have to connect it up first as a USB printer, u can then change the IP address which I did to 192.168.0.10 and connect as a local printer on a TCP/IP port so now its working.

On another note,I switched the modem off with the little switch on the back, When it cam back one the wifi while visible did not allow you to connect. I had to reset it and eventually it connected

What mount/thread is the 2425s antenna?

• Advertisement

What mount/thread is the 2425s antenna?

RP-SMA I believe.

Cheers, took a gamble on that being the case and ordered anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Blitz17

So for some reason I cannot get 1Gbps connection anymore, if I force it I get no connection. It only runs at 100Mbps now.

Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

Blitz17 wrote: »
    So for some reason I cannot get 1Gbps connection anymore, if I force it I get no connection. It only runs at 100Mbps now.

Any ideas??

Try another cable? Make sure its min cat5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Are these still the default routers that UPC give out? Our contract is expired so will be calling them today to discuss an upgrade. Last year we got a free swap from the 2425 to the 3925 but this is now experiencing some issues as well - Was hoping a newer model was available. Wifi connection seems to drop for a few seconds every minute or two - Download speeds drop to 0B/s on all connected devices. I've taken to using mobile internet on my phone now instead..

If I look into bridging how would this work with a 1Gb switch? Wall connection > 3925 > Router > Switch?

Only for business customers. Home users get the Technicolor TC7200. It can be bridged in some cases but you need to use SNMP to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Can anyone advise on this? Have 2425 and I'm having a nightmare, UPC aren't being helpful.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057462969/1#post96278902

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on this? Have 2425 and I'm having a nightmare, UPC aren't being helpful.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057462969/1#post96278902

Replied there as the body of info is there.

TLDR: UPC arent wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Replied there as the body of info is there.

TLDR: UPC arent wrong.

Cheers for that, I'll take your advice on it. Customer care have been telling me it's purely a channel issue, to see who is using what channel and use the least congested so it's good to actually have some solid advice on what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 schiz0phren1c

same here,
    since about the 17th of july my router has become so hot at times I can't touch it,I have it on a makeshift heat spreader with a fan pointed at it,but I shouldn't have to!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 schiz0phren1c

same here,
    since about the 17th of july my router has become so hot at times I can't touch it,I have it on a makeshift heat spreader with a fan pointed at it,but I shouldn't have to!
    ps I don't torrent(much...and always legal),I work in a secure industry where I have to send and receive large packets and I game online and do vocal acting on the side and these regular interruptions are messing things up big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

hi all
    I recently bought a belkin wifi range extender but need to set up a static ip address on my cisco3925. I can get to a certain point using youtube vids but can't finish it up. Would be great if someone could help me with this.

Thanks.

What are you intending to do? A range extender usually has no routing facility and just repeats a wireless signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

weiland79 wrote: »
    hi all
    I recently bought a belkin wifi range extender but need to set up a static ip address on my cisco3925. I can get to a certain point using youtube vids but can't finish it up. Would be great if someone could help me with this.

Thanks.

Do you mean static WAN (public/external) or LAN (internal) address?

I have the router in the back of the house and have no signal upstairs in the bedrooms. All i want it for is to watch netflix on a tablet but we changed to Horizon and lost all signal in the rest of the house so upc sent us out the new router but nothing has changed.

degsie wrote: »
    Do you mean static WAN (public/external) or LAN (internal) address?

I think it's LAN sorry not too clued in on these things

Just give the belkin 192.168.2.1 and you'll be fine.

Just give the belkin 192.168.2.1 and you'll be fine.

So that worked and the range extender is now connected to the network. Great!
    Only problem is that it has made a bit of difference. The router is in an extension at the back of the house and the bedroom is upstairs and at the front of the house so obviously too much house in between. I've tried the extender in different parts of the house but it hasn't worked. Is there anything anyone can suggest to boost the signal.
    It's really frustrating as I never had any problems before I changed to the horizon package!

Probably get 2 wifi homeplugs + 1 regular and distribute your transmission points.

• Advertisement

Probably get 2 wifi homeplugs + 1 regular and distribute your transmission points.

Thanks for your replies but could you give me a little bit more detail please. If you could suggest which homeplugs i should get and how i need to set them up? Are the range extenders i have useless in this set up.
    Thanks for your time.

Advertisement