Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBLA Deals/Deals with Gold

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

calex71 wrote: »

Cheers! :) Case Zero and Case West for a grand total of 600 points, FTW!

More deals, this time under the name "Blast from the past"

Blast From the Past Deals
    Banjo-Kazooie 1200 MSP 600 MSP
    Centipede & Millipede 400 MSP 200 MSP
    Contra 400 MSP 200 MSP
    RISK: Factions 800 MSP 400 MSP
    Street Fighter II Hyper Fighter 400 MSP 200 MSP

Nice, I've wanted the original Banjo-Kazooie since it was out for N64, with this offer I think I'm finally going to buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

those 2 Dead Rising games are amazing and you don't need to have the full game to play them either. Highly recommended for anyone on the fence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Tried to download Case West, and its saying its not avaliable in my region or the offer has expired, and that is happening for both the demo, and the proper download. It isn't happening for any other content for me as well. Anyone try to download it as well, and have the same issue?

Emailed MS about it, but no response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

wes wrote: »
    Tried to download Case West, and its saying its no avaliable in my region or the offer has expired, and that is happening for both the demo, and the proper download. It isn't happening for any other content for me as well. Anyone try to download it as well, and have the same issue?

I tried to download it last night and the same thing happened but I assumed that the deal of the week started Wednesday.And that was why

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

I downloaded Case West yesterday no problems, was 400 points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i'm downloading case west now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭dunworth1

really liking DR: Case West played it for a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Thanks for that guys. Kicked off the download on my Xbox 360, and that worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighter 400 MSP 200 MSP

That's a total steal. If I didn't have it already, I'd be downloading it for that price. It's a baastard had version of SFII though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is case west stand alone or you need full game?

is case west stand alone or you need full game?

Yes, it's standalone, you dont need dr2. Highly recommended at the bargain price of 400 points, as is case zero for 200pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

wes wrote: »
    Tried to download Case West, and its saying its not avaliable in my region or the offer has expired, and that is happening for both the demo, and the proper download. It isn't happening for any other content for me as well. Anyone try to download it as well, and have the same issue?

I get this error too with a few things, right now its happening to me because I am living in America this year and my account's location is set to Ireland (cannot be changed.) I would need to set up a proxy or something.

I think its all mature rated content, Dead Rising, Call of Duty maps, GTA San Andreas etc. IIRC your region is set by the email address you use when you first set it up, so I would check that out.

Bought : case zero and case west.

Just gave a vary very short go so far. Died 50m of start location.... Was not impressed lol

This week is :

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 400 MSP
    Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - 600 MSP

Good price on Harmony of Despair with half off, all the dlc for it is on sale too.

Shockingly even at my age I've never actually played a Castlevania game :o

Are they worth looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This week is :

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 400 MSP
    Castlevania: Harmony of Despair - 600 MSP

Good price on Harmony of Despair with half off, all the dlc for it is on sale too.

Shockingly even at my age I've never actually played a Castlevania game :o

Are they worth looking at?

Harmony of Despair got some pretty scathing reviews. Apparently there's absolutly no point in playing single player as its almost 100% aimed at multiplayer.

Symphony of the Night on the other hand is a great game and well worth it for 400msp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Symphony of the Night is amazing, If you like Super Metroid, get it.

Giblet wrote: »
    Symphony of the Night is amazing, If you like Super Metroid, get it.

If I haven't played bouth?!

I only played very very first castlevania on nes.... And it was not great for me... It was like million years ago too...

I camt see those deal too thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I never played any Castlevania games before I played Symphony. You don't need to!

Okay. Case zero is sort of ****.

Hated that time frame system in first game, here it returns with a blast... You can't relax and explore, mess around. You constantly running... And when you think you got 10hours it melts to 7 hours in few minutes... Good game, but FFs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

ive noticed some good free games on XBL , like Doritos crash course and Hasbro family games night , anyone come across any more freebies?

almanu wrote: »
    ive noticed some good free games on XBL , like Doritos crash course and Hasbro family games night , anyone come across any more freebies?

Hasbro ain't strictly free, the "platform" is but you need to buy the individual games for it, works out quite expensive vs the disc based version.

Totomball is free , but you need the camera thing, don't think it works with kinect but I don't have that to try it so worth a shot even if the game itself is poo poo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Just dlc this week? No arcade game ? :(

Looks like I won't need to use up any MS points this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but are Limbo,Trials HD and Splosion Man any good as games? I have the trials of them all and they seem good, but I'm worried they might just have a novelty value.

Is 20stg a good price for all 3 on a disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Limbo is great, but quite short.

Never tried Trials HD, but its supposed to be great.

I got Splosion Man, but I struggle to see why this game is so popular, I got it for 160msp so not too bad.
    Just dlc this week? No arcade game ? :(

2 Shooters out it seems, Star Raiders and Gatling Gears.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Limbo is great, but quite short.

Never tried Trials HD, but its supposed to be great.

I got Splosion Man, but I struggle to see why this game is so popular, I got it for 160msp so not too bad.

2 Shooters out it seems, Star Raiders and Gatling Gears.

Feel the same way about splosion man , just can't get into it. Limbo and trials are great games, but like you said limbo is short.

Pity they didn't swap out splosion man for shadow complex on that disc release.

Advertisement