Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBLA Deals/Deals with Gold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Now Shadow Complex was good....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

calex71 wrote: »
    Feel the same way about splosion man , just can't get into it. Limbo and trials are great games, but like you said limbo is short.

Pity they didn't swap out splosion man for shadow complex on that disc release.

Anyone having a hard time getting in to 'Splosion Man, get someone else in with you to play co-op. Don't do it online, it'll wreck your head, but with two controllers some of the co-op levels are just fantastically satisfying to solve. I found the same thing with Portal 2 TBH, co-op serves as a great introduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

'sup folks.

Been out of the arcade loop for a while. Took a quick look at the latest games and don't recognise any of the titles.

What's good out there at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

quarryman wrote: »
    'sup folks.

Been out of the arcade loop for a while. Took a quick look at the latest games and don't recognise any of the titles.

What's good out there at the moment?

Only speaking from what I bought over the last few months.

The Fancy Pants Adventures is ace.
    Outland looked good from the demo i played.
    Both Deathspank games I had a blast playing.

There have been a few others that caught my eye but I couldn't afford to shell out 1200 points on like Torchlight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Major Nelson finally took criticism on board and got rid of his narcissistic looking blog. His new one looks pretty cool.

http://majornelson.com/

It's not officially announced yet but this weeks game is Sega rally arcade for 800 MS points. I think it's only one game this week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Major Nelson finally took criticism on board and got rid of his narcissistic looking blog. His new one looks pretty cool.

http://majornelson.com/

It's not officially announced yet but this weeks game is Sega rally arcade for 800 MS points. I think it's only one game this week.
    Why what was his blog like before?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It was pictures of him striking poses based on, and tied to, the links across the top of the page. I didn't pay much notice, but it went from little to no images of himself, to lots, and now back again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Sticky this please! It's getting updated now by a few people, and since the deals change regularly it makes sense that it should be easier to find. Thanks everyone who keeps updating us, they really should make it easier to find whats on sale from the dashboard.

Drakar wrote: »
    Sticky this please!

I agree 100%.

• Advertisement

Drakar wrote: »
    Sticky this please! It's getting updated now by a few people, and since the deals change regularly it makes sense that it should be easier to find. Thanks everyone who keeps updating us, they really should make it easier to find whats on sale from the dashboard.

Yeah, I'd be lucky if the deals showed up by the weekend if at all on my dash lol, like i said earlier on the thread, if i sign in on my UK account they are there plain as day. Must be something to do with our region or something :confused:

Did anyone pick up that Star Raiders game? Just flicking through the arcade selection last night, and set that and a few others to download.

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd be lucky if the deals showed up by the weekend if at all on my dash lol, like i said earlier on the thread, if i sign in on my UK account they are there plain as day. Must be something to do with our region or something :confused:

I have an Irish account and they show up on my dashboard, albeit about four or five hours after they're available via Arcade A-Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Limbo is great, but quite short.

Never tried Trials HD, but its supposed to be great.

I got Splosion Man, but I struggle to see why this game is so popular, I got it for 160msp so not too bad.

2 Shooters out it seems, Star Raiders and Gatling Gears.

I love Splosion Man, it really gets it full potential when you play it in co-op though.

I never tried the co-op....

I honestly didn't give the game long enough to grow on me, I played the 1st few levels and kinda left it, never played it since.

First levels are piss-easy though, it gets challenging later on.

And in co-op you have to explode against each other to reach certain parts ;)

Anyone know what the deals of the week and arcade releases this week are?
    I read that Mortal Kombat HD collection (MK1,MK2 and UMK3) is being released in the Summer for XBLA for 800 MS points.

Oh and the obligatory weekly request to please sticky this thread.:)

Still the same deals afaik.

Picked up Age of Booty for 200msp yesterday.

I can't seem to resist any XBLA title at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

The weekly deals change on Tuesday now I think, no idea on whats out this week.

• Advertisement

Disappointed with this weeks deal of the week to be honest. Just some discounts on Fallout 3 and Oblivion add ons. Considering how ancient Oblivion is Shivering Isles should be 1200 points max. (Not sure if those prices are the discounted ones or the originals. They look like the original prices though.)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek?SortBy=ReleaseDate

Lets hope there's at least one decent arcade game tomorrow.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    Disappointed with this weeks deal of the week to be honest. Just some discounts on Fallout 3 and Oblivion add ons. Considering how ancient Oblivion is Shivering Isles should be 1200 points max. (Not sure if those prices are the discounted ones or the originals. They look like the original prices though.)

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek?SortBy=ReleaseDate

Lets hope there's at least one decent arcade game tomorrow.

jesus, Shivering Isles is still 2400 MP? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sweet, the Horse Armor has been reduced to 100MSP!

Sweet, the Horse Armor has been reduced to 100MSP!

omg!

*buys 10 sets!

jesus, Shivering Isles is still 2400 MP? :eek:

I think they might be the original prices but have not decided by how much they'll be reduced yet. I probably wouldn't buy Shivering Isles for even 800 points. It's good but I have not played Dragon age 1 in ages, let alone Oblivion.

I hate when they do deals of the week and don't put in at least one XBLA game.
    omg!

*buys 10 sets!

Don't forget your avatar armour!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I'll bite!

2100 point card = Shivering Isles + Knights + Horse Armour + something awesome for 400 points

Wish I still had oblivion :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Healium wrote: »
    I'll bite!

2100 point card = Shivering Isles + Knights + Horse Armour + something awesome for 400 points

But that'd be more expensive than the game of the year edition, which has all that stuff plus the main game (plus cool booklet and map).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Silly deal of the week...

Oblivion goty edition can be gotten for less then the price for that dumb addon...

" you disappoint son "

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Healium wrote: »
    I'll bite!

The GOTY edition can be got for cheaper than that, which has everything :confused:

Plus then you can trade in your original oblivion game! Silly...

Advertisement