Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBLA Deals/Deals with Gold

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

And I bought points in specially, expecting there to be some wazza E3 type deals :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I spent mine on the SSFIV and MK DLC. In a odd way I'm kind of relieved there's been no arcade or decent deals of the week for awhile. I'm skint enough as it is.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Azure_sky wrote: »
    I spent mine on the SSFIV and MK DLC. In a odd way I'm kind of relieved there's been no arcade or decent deals of the week for awhile. I'm skint enough as it is.:pac:

CAn the MK DLC be bought seperate, or just as a package deal? I already got classic Scorpion, Ermac, Kitana, and Jade costumes, alog with Scorps' Toasty fatality for pre-ordering the game, so I'd rather not pay for a pakage deal to re-buy them while trying to get my hands on the other costumes and fatalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Nothing popped up yet.

Signed into my US account out of interest. Seems to be discounts on racing games, separate to DOTW. Add ons for Forza 3, NFS: Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise. Scrap Metal is down to 600 points

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

For anyone considering getting the Forza 3 DLC, you would be just better off getting the Forza 3 Ultimate edition off www.thehut.com for about a tenner, as it includes all the DLC and some bonus DLC too, unless you have the other DLC too.

• Advertisement

Think it's Dance Central tracks this week....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

There are more things on sale this week, including 2 arcade games, see bottom

Rock Band has a sale on country songs: These are not gold exclusive so everyone can buy, be warned some of these only work in RB3 Johnny Cash for example is one I know only works in Rock Band 3
    "Alt Country Pack 01" 440 MSP
    Steve Earle – Satellite Radio
    Lucinda Williams – Can’t Let Go
    Drive-By Truckers – 3 Dimes Down
    Old 97's – Time Bomb (Live)
    Neko Case – People Got a Lotta Nerve

"Going Country Pack 01" 440 MSP
    Brad Paisley – Mud on the Tires
    Brooks & Dunn – Hillbilly Deluxe
    Dierks Bentley – Free and Easy
    Dixie Chicks – Sin Wagon
    Miranda Lambert – Gunpowder & Lead

"Going Country Pack 02" 600 MSP
    Alan Jackson – Good Time
    Cross Canadian Ragweed – Cry Lonely
    Jason Aldean – She’s Country
    Keith Urban – I Told You So
    Kenny Rogers – The Gambler
    Martina McBride – This One’s For the Girls
    Shania Twain – Any Man of Mine

"Going Country Pack 03" 520 MSP
    Kenny Chesney – She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy
    Montgomery Gentry – Gone
    Rascal Flatts – Me and My Gang
    Sara Evans – Suds in the Bucket
    Trace Adkins – Swing
    Willie Nelson – On the Road Again

"Johnny Cash Pack 01" 720 MSP
    Cry, Cry, Cry
    Don’t Take Your Guns to Town
    Five Feet High and Rising
    Folsom Prison Blues
    I Got Stripes
    I Walk the Line
    Tennessee Flat Top Box
    The Ballad of Ira Hayes

"Roy Orbison Pack 01" 520 MSP
    Claudette
    In Dreams
    Mean Woman Blues
    Oh, Pretty Woman
    Ooby Dooby
    You Got It

Other Deals:
    Scrap Metal = 600
    Days of Thunder Arcade = 400

Forza 3 DLC is on sale too , as is the DLC for Burnout: Paradise and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit

The deals of the week and XBLA offerings have been very weak in the past month or so. I don't know if it's because companies are holding back their releases because of the 3DS store or the time of the season.
    On the plus side new Mortal Kombat character Skarlett is due for DLC release next week.

• Advertisement

All arcade games this week :)

Peggle and PvsZ are well worth getting for those who don't already have them.

Popcap week. Everyone should get Plants vs Zombies. Shame I have most of these great games already. Is Bejewled blitz live multiplayer only?
    (It's single and multi player. Got it and Heavy Weapon.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Thanks for the heads-up calex.

Plants vs Zombies is a superb little game. I have it on Steam so not sure if i will double dip.

Might take a punt with peggle though.

New MK character Skarlett 400 MSP and and free MK3 costumes for Cyrax and Sektor available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

tweet from major nelson a few minutes ago:
    Quite a few Video Game related deals will happen today.
    @majornelson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Only just completed PvZ, it was grueling, will never play it again, my eyes can't take any more of it. High recommend it tho.:pac:

Peggle is class too, well worth getting, highly addictive. Lots of luck required though if you are gonna play the challenges.

Two of the best XBLA title they are, no doubt. I have Zuma too already, but could never get into it.

I can't view the link, blocked here, but is Is Bejewled blitz on sale too? and how much?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I can't view the link, blocked here, but is Is Bejewled blitz on sale too? and how much?

It sure is and only 200 points

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

On the plus side new Mortal Kombat character Skarlett is due for DLC release next week.

Sektor and Cyrax classic costumes come free with her.

Woops, just noticed you already posted about the cosyumes. 400points ain't a bad price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Bejewled blitz is soo addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭dunworth1

for those of you who missed the last few Sonic sales, here is your chance to snag the epic series for a low price.

The following Sonic games are on sale:
    Sonic 4: Episode I - 1200 MSP 800 MSP
    Sonic The Hedgehog (Arcade) - 400 MSP 240 MSP
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2 - 400 MSP 240 MSP
    Sonic The Hedgehog 3 - 400 MSP 240 MSP
    Sonic and Knuckles - 240 MSP 120 MSP
    Sonic Adventure - 800 MSP 400 MSP

The following add-ons have gone on sale as well:
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Metal Sonic & Death Egg Zone - 560 MSP 320 MSP
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Ryo Hazuki Forklift Truck - 320 MSP 240 MSP
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Unlock All Characters & Tracks - 400 MSP 240 MSP
    Sonic Adventure - DX Upgrade - 400 MSP 240 MSP

Coinciding with Sonic's 20th birthday, SEGA has released a Sonic Generations demo available to download.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n4327/sonic-20th-anniversary-sale.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

can sonic and knuckles get any cheaper lol? the next sale itll be 60 points!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Sonic demo is live! :eek::eek:
    AWESOME!!

Sonic 1 and 2 are classics, they should be immediately bought upon receiving a 360! :p
    Havent got number 3 yet so might spend a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Cool, gonna get the DX upgrade for Sonic Adventure, got the rest (except for episode 1, still a bit too dear) in the previous sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Out this Wednesday:

Galaga Legions DX
    Backbreaker Vengeance
    Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Will give 1/2 Minute Hero a go, looked fun on the PSP.

Still no sign of Trenched....grrr, was all ready to buy it last week :(

Mr E wrote: »
    Out this Wednesday:

Galaga Legions DX
    Backbreaker Vengeance
    Half-Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax

Half minute hero sounds interesting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Half Minute Hero is great on the PSP. Checked the trailer but it seems to be the same basic game, albeit with a coat of paint. Great fun though, you'll certainly enjoy it.

Want Trenched too :( Double Fine can do no wrong with downloadable games it seems - Costume Quest and Stacking are amongst the finest games XBLA has ever produced. Do want Trenched as it's meant to be equally awesome.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Do yourself a favour and get Hard Corps Uprising. It's Contra but with anime graphics. By far the best game on offer. Sadly X-Men and Tomb Raider will get the most sales.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Do yourself a favour and get Hard Corps Uprising. It's Contra but with anime graphics. By far the best game on offer. Sadly X-Men and Tomb Raider will get the most sales.
    Didn't they put some ridiculous DRM on that? Or the original game? I won't buy it, on principle alone :pac:

The DOTW page is telling me that there's 6 discounts, but only 5 are showing. Wonder if there's something on offer that's not available here. Don't suppose all of Double Fine's games are currently unavailable in Europe? Wouldn't mind getting Stacking for 600 :o

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    Didn't they put some ridiculous DRM on that? Or the original game? I won't buy it, on principle alone :pac:

I thought the same until I just decided to get it. Some of the DLC characters drastically alter the game play. Sayuri virtually turns it from Contra to a Strider style game. It's long too and better value than a lot of full priced retail games out there.

Advertisement