Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Gigs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

horgan_p wrote: »
    And Limerick the day before !!

Coolio.

I saw them last year for the first time but it was part of the Death Crusher tour so they only performed a shortish set.

They are ferocious live, Barney looks like he will rupture himself at any given moment with his on stage movements.

Can't wait to see their full set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

DME By Arrangement With ITM & EMA Presents

Geoff Tate
    (ex-Queensryche)
    'Building An Empire All Acoustic Tour'

"Geoff Tate, the voice of Queensryche, to perform his Building an Empire all acoustic tour. Geoff to perform 30 years of the bands hits a rarities in an intimate all acoustic story teller night. 2 hours of the history of the band with all your favorite songs and the stories behind them. Empire, Eyes of a Stranger, Silent Lucidity, Jet City Woman, I don't believe in Love and many more."

Voodoo Lounge, Dublin
    22nd December 2016
    7pm - 18+
    Tickets €23.50
    inc bkg fee. On sale Thurs. 1st September @ 10am

Event Page

Asphyx

Voodoo Lounge Dublin
    Sat. 11th February 2017. Only Irish show.

Tickets €22 inc bkg fee
    on sale this Friday @ 10am

Event Page

• Registered Users Posts: 21,134 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

14138114_1149210375151014_2982816627102244745_o.jpg

Hope that works, British Lion in Dublin, Limerick, Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

VrxScMb.jpg?1

• Advertisement

MESHUGGAH

18TH JANUARY

THE ACADEMY

OH MY FCUKING GOD!!!!!!

The Haunted added as support.

Definite gig of the year contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Changed to Vicar Street as well. Is it me or are a lot more gigs being held there than before?

Risteard wrote: »
    Changed to Vicar Street as well. Is it me or are a lot more gigs being held there than before?

Seemingly this one was moved due to demand.

The Deathcrusher tour was there last year.

Amon Amarth there this year.

Not a huge number by any stretch but pretty impressive considering the gigs are at the extreme end of the metal spectrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

what the fcuk is a 'facility charge' on ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    what the fcuk is a 'facility charge' on ticketmaster?

Another bull**** way to get more money.

A bit like their whole charge for some ****ing e-tickets. They don't even have to send you anything in the mail.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

14608878_1111230305612367_4819679711267040933_o.jpg

*New Show* Sonata Arctica bring their 'The Ninth Hour' world tour to Dublin's The Academy on Sunday 26th March 2017 alongside THUNDERSTONE *OFFICIAL* and Striker (CAN).

:D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

The legendary Mayhem hit The Academy on Friday 31st March to perform De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in full.

Noice.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭schizo1014

funnnnerrraaaalllll FOG! I've been waiting for years to see Mayhem on Irish soil, although they are sometimes poor live I wont be missing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

Anyone remember Dan Reed Network from the 90s. Well they have reformed and released a new album recently.

However, Dan Reed is doing a solo gig in Whelans this Sunday coming, November 6th ,his first gig here in 5 years.

I saw him last time he appeared and he was just great.

He said that if theres a good enough crowd in Whelans he will make it an annual event .

So if anyones interested Whelans is the place to be this sunday.

Spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Anyone know why Girlschool were a no-show at the Saxon gig in the Academy last night? Saxon and Fastway were both great, and seeing Eddie playing Ace Of Spades with Saxon was defintiely a moment. Disappointing that Girlschool pulled out though, would have liked to have seen them.

blastman wrote: »
    Anyone know why Girlschool were a no-show at the Saxon gig in the Academy last night? Saxon and Fastway were both great, and seeing Eddie playing Ace Of Spades with Saxon was defintiely a moment. Disappointing that Girlschool pulled out though, would have liked to have seen them.

Didnt know Fastway were still going!!

Whos singing with them now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

blastman wrote: »

Ya Girlschool issue I dunno strangely silent over what went on there they were printed on the promotional material and better still the actual gig ticket overheard a few who were still anticipating them after Fastways set had ended.
    Fastway were a fairly good opener without being overly impressive IMO. Saxon were top notch such a reliable live outfit and always seeming to drop a song here or there in their sets thats unexpected, getting Eddie on was great certainly.

At 28euro despite GS pulling a bargain still really the T-shirts being sold at the show were more expensive than the gig itself! :D They don't appear to be slowing down either Saxon and on this showing look forward to catching them again at some point in the future.

Mr.Frame wrote: »
    Didnt know Fastway were still going!!

Whos singing with them now?

Toby Jepson (Little Angels/Dio Disciples), John Mcmanus (Mamas boys) was on bass

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Amon Amarth, wow. Potential gig of the year there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Ya Girlschool issue I dunno strangely silent over what went on there they were printed on the promotional material and better still the actual gig ticket overheard a few who were still anticipating them after Fastways set had ended.
    Fastway were a fairly good opener without being overly impressive IMO. Saxon were top notch such a reliable live outfit and always seeming to drop a song here or there in their sets thats unexpected, getting Eddie on was great certainly.

At 28euro despite GS pulling a bargain still really the T-shirts being sold at the show were more expensive than the gig itself! :D They don't appear to be slowing down either Saxon and on this showing look forward to catching them again at some point in the future.

Toby Jepson (Little Angels/Dio Disciples), John Mcmanus (Mamas boys) was on bass

Thanks for the info. Really surprised that John McManus was playing, I thought he was out of the music business, well the playing side at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

RayCon wrote: »

Really enjoyed them last night , she's a fantastic singer, and very easy on the eye!:D (check out Radio Moscow, Ray;)) Kadavar were really good too......bit too loud for that venue though, my ears are still bleeding:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Grid. wrote: »
    Really enjoyed them last night , she's a fantastic singer, and very easy on the eye!:D (check out Radio Moscow, Ray;)) Kadavar were really good too......bit too loud for that venue though, my ears are still bleeding:pac:

It was a cracking gig ... I actually think Kadavar just shaded it as my preferred performance of the night but both bands were fcukin great. I'll check out Radio Moscow :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Grid. wrote: »

Really good gig lads can't wait to see them again already, Kadavar were great not my bag but great was in for the start of them so I missed Stray Train. Think the new album from Blues Pills is up there in my favorites this year and songs were given more edge in the live environment...Won't go back, You gotta Try ah here twas all brill.

It looks like a return to the Voodoo I think after seeing that Grand Magus poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

aerosmith - 14 June - 3 arena :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

aerosmith - 14 June - 3 arena :)

I hear most banks are offering short term loans to cover the ticket cost...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

RHCP Dublin gigs have been postponed until September 2017.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/live-updates-red-hot-chili-9485209

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Picked up my tickets for Russian Circles today, should be a great gig.

Advertisement