Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Some bizarre play from Ulster in that game. With 10 mins to go they seemed intent on running it from their 22. Then with 30 secs to go they booted the ball for Cardiff to kick it back and Whitten to go for a very speculative up and under.

Humphries and Pienaar were both poor I thought.

With games still to come against the Ospreys, Leinster, Munster, and Connacht it doesn't look good for a playoff spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Redsock

Tonight highlighted the fact that in addition to a new coaching set up we need a 10. Possibly the worst performance I have ever seen from a professional rugby player from ihump tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

not a good performance from ulster. some disappointing missed tackles throughout the whole game. terblanche had his first poor game as well i thought.

george clancy is gack. he was awful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 262 ✭✭pcworldisajoke

chris_d wrote: »
    not a good performance from ulster. some disappointing missed tackles throughout the whole game. terblanche had his first poor game as well i thought.

george clancy is gack. he was awful.
    gack is one way to describe it. I can see no other explanation for his decisions tonight other that the obvious. Nor his decisions agaisnt scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭boynesider

gack is one way to describe it. I can see no other explanation for his decisions tonight other that the obvious. Nor his decisions agaisnt scotland.

What's the obvious? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Ravens vs Connacht A match arranged for the 7th or March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Was it confirmed that Bowe is going back to Ulster?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

just saw highlights of the ospreys match from earlier on and paddy jacksons try is quite something. would like to see him play like this for the u20s this weekend i never remembered him being a bad kicker with the ulster-leinster vs connacht-munster match springing to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I. Humphreys dropped in favour of Pienaar at out half with Marshall at scrum half.

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/10214.php

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

I. Humphreys dropped in favour of Pienaar at out half with Marshall at scrum half.

Good to see Marshall get the chance to start...as opposed to being an impact sub.
    Last time he started was (with the kids) against Leinster I think on Boxing Day.
    Chance for the lad to stake a claim for the run-in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Was it confirmed that Bowe is going back to Ulster?

Not yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

The problem with Marshall at 9 is that we have one hell of a pack, especially when Court, Best, Muller and Ferris are back with the rest of the boys. They are the real strength of our team, can Marshall get as much out of the pack as Pienaar?

I still think it's the right decision though given Humphreys consistant inconsistency...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Everytime I see Tuohy in these provincial squads during the 6N I just think what a waste, no disrespect to Ulster btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

shuffol wrote: »
    Everytime I see Tuohy in these provincial squads during the 6N I just think what a waste, no disrespect to Ulster btw.

compleltely agree, i reckon the NZ tour this summer will see him finally break into the 22, come to think of it that would probably depend on Kidney resting/not bringing some of his favourites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Eddie O'sullivan would take either ulster or the munster job by the sound of it.

Must win tonight to maintain an outside chance of a top 4 finish. Good night for a running game.

Scrappy. Looking like we are forcing it a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Biggar is so dodgy

Ref is extremely whistle happy

Yup. Could have done with 3 there. Need to settle still. Bit frantic

Wtf ref !

• Advertisement

Don't see any issues with the ref there. Silly from Wannenberg and good play from Ospreys.

Ulster need to lift it.

Looking pretty ragged alright.

Ulster are so lacking in control. This team needs to sort itself out in attack.

Coughing the ball up in stupid areas.

Pathetic from Whitten there, couldn't get to ground with the ball and led to yet another turnover.

Pathetic from Whitten there, couldn't get to ground with the ball and led to yet another turnover.

Cant disagree, would prefer danielli.

Poor game to watch. Penalties, knock ons and poor ball retention. No one is managing game or territory for ulster.

Whitten again....brutal.

That's one of the worst decisions ive ever seen

Shouldnt have been a penalty try. Can't say a try would probably have been scored.

Definitely a binning though.

• Advertisement

Errr, yeah. Looked like a fairly genuine attempt to intercept and catch. Biggar unlucky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement