Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Any highlights of the match anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Some nice moves put together against limited opposition

Trimbles finish in the corner was top drawer

Cave freeing his hands every time he gets a chance. It's lethal!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,748 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I thought the referee was pretty good on Saturday. Only 23 I think. Luke Pearce I believe was his name. I'd say he'll do well in the future but being English we may no see him back at Ravenhill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

bilston wrote: »
    I thought the referee was pretty good on Saturday. Only 23 I think. Luke Pearce I believe was his name. I'd say he'll do well in the future but being English we may no see him back at Ravenhill!

I heard the name pearce on the radio and dodgy Dave sprang to mind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Jesus Marshall is going to be a massive player for Ireland in the future

Touhy should have gotten some time over the AI's too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/story/208457.html

£500k a year for Afoa. fairly easy to understand why he's heading over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Anscombe quoted in the IT as saying Ferris is "not close" to a return.

Also looks like they'll be trying to sign a foreign TH to replace Afoa.

Anscombe quoted in the IT as saying Ferris is "not close" to a return.

Also looks like they'll be trying to sign a foreign TH to replace Afoa.

Well the thinking about 3 weeks ago was that it would be late January or early February so I suppose you wouldn't say is close just yet.

Eddie Wigglesworth said as much a few weeks ago that Ulster would be allowed to bring in a NIQ TH.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭PlayerTrader13

there are very few options that are IQ'd

Tony Buckley, John Andress and Conor Carey are Irish TH's out of contract this year.

Personally if Deccie Fitz was reliable health wise then I don't think you'd need a TH that badly but you can't rely on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

there are very few options that are IQ'd

Tony Buckley, John Andress and Conor Carey are Irish TH's out of contract this year.

Personally if Deccie Fitz was reliable health wise then I don't think you'd need a TH that badly but you can't rely on him.

Tony Buckley simply isn't good enough.

Andress might (?) be good enough but had his chance to re-sign and ruined it.

Carey left Ulster to get games and I've no idea how he has progressed but you'd think if he had shown any spark he'd have been kept at home.

Neither Lutton nor Macklin fill me with confidence for the future. We desperately need a good tight head. All Ulster's efforts to develop one have really foundered.

Maybe Christopher Taylor will be ready in a few years time, but he is only 20 and not ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Conor Carey is doing really well but if he came home he'd be playing AIL again. A better path would be to stick it it out in England, get himself onto a premiership squad and break through from there. Lots of competition though.

Ulster Ravens XV and replacements to face Ayr, British and Irish Cup, Deramore Park, Friday 12th December (kick off 19:30):

1: Kyle McCall
    2: Peter Jackson
    3: Ricky Lutton
    4: Michael Rea
    5: Marc Campbell
    6: Conor Joyce
    7: Frankie Taggart
    8: Adrian Hamilton
    9: Michael Heaney
    10: James McKinney
    11: Peter Nelson
    12: Paddy Wallace
    13: Stuart McCloskey
    14: David Busby
    15: Ricky Andrew
    16: Jonny Murphy
    17: Adam Macklin
    18: Josh Atkinson
    19: Daniel Dass
    20: Dave Shanahan
    21: Ross Adair
    22: Adam Liddell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Great to see Paddy Wallace back in action again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Night_Hawk

Will Rory Best be back for the 6 Nations?

Night_Hawk wrote: »
    Will Rory Best be back for the 6 Nations?

Based on the most recent update which was just after his surgery the most accurate answer is probably...he seemed to think he might make it back for round 6 of the Heineken which is two weeks before the start of the 6Ns.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭leonard7

what positions do you think ulster need to sign for next season? obviously will have to replace john afoa and tom court but who else?

• Administrators Posts: 53,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Depends on whether Henderson moves into the row. We may need a 7 I guess.

• Advertisement

is mullers contract up at the end of the season? also would a back up 10 be needed...is mckinney good enough during a potential jackson loss during six nations?

• Administrators Posts: 53,370 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yes Muller is up at the end of this season.

I think McKinney is ok - I'd be surprised if we see movement at 10.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a back up 10 who can play other positions particularly FB.

A prop, preferably a TH would be good. After that a second row or back row is needed.

would love to see gareth anscombe come to ulster he has what ulster need in a back signing...tight head well would expect a big name after losing court and afoa...hopefully jack macgrath rumour is true. Depends whether muller is replaced by henderson or if he continues to play six. If henderson moves to the row then thats that covered and then all thats needed is a back up 7 to Henry.

more importantly need to lose the deadweight...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

You can't let players go unless you've got guys to come in and fill their spots.

i dunno the mike mccomishes of this world wouldnt be missed

also the montpellier leicester game goes into half time 0-0 will see how this pans out for the group

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

leonard7 wrote: »
    i dunno the mike mccomishes of this world wouldnt be missed

I would look to see how many games he's played this season but the Ulster website is ****e!

He has been playing though and if he wasn't there who else would have played instead?

• Advertisement

doyle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement