Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Ulster tackling like fluffy bunnies at the start of the 2nd half, lucky Scarlets arent out of sight...Scarlets down to 14 now though. Need to step it up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The Ulster team keep having minor handling errors recently

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Good auld try there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Humphries scores another try.

The difference he makes to the team is immense.

excellent Danielli break (though speed was sorta lacking) court recycles and all comes to Humphries who runs in unopposed, humphries begining to look a bit tired

Ulster 20 Scarlets 11

EDIT did anyone catch who came off for Henry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,206 ✭✭✭ongarite

Ulster will need to improve their defensive tacking massively for next week.

So many missed tackles and players slipping out of tackles.

Scarlets intercept and get a try just because Ulster don't like having the game beyond a single score when it goes late ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

That was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ihumph is must be the worst tackling pro player in the country :(
    /shakes head

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

20-18 with 2 minutes to go

• Advertisement

Full time: 20-18!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Bloody Pienaar should of kicked it up the pitch when he had it.

That man has cost me hundreds with his stupid play this season .

-6 backers like myself were very hard done by.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Redsock

Watching the welsh tv coverage and they are claiming the TMO robbed the scarlets. Karma, Taff.

We were poor again. Ulster have played 40 minutes of good rugby all season and yet we are looking good for a play-off spot. How? I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Bloody Pienaar should of kicked it up the pitch when he had it.

That man has cost me hundreds with his stupid play this season .

-6 backers like myself were very hard done by.

You must have oppossed Ulster in the 5 games prior to tonights then because he pretty much won all of them sigle handedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

You must have oppossed Ulster in the 5 games prior to tonights then because he pretty much won all of them sigle handedly.

Ah Im just pocket talking and still very bitter over my 18/1 No Tryscorer bet against
    Munster late last october when he threw that stupid pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

Winning games yet not at our best!!! Definitely a good sign!!!
    Stand up for the Ulstermen!!! :)

Paul4As wrote: »
    Winning games yet not at our best!!! Definitely a good sign!!!
    Stand up for the Ulstermen!!! :)

If it was against good teams then maybe but thats five average teams in a row they struggled to beat.

I see Northampton have handed out another ass whoopin today. Momentum has swung back in their favour I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Just lulling Ulster supporters into a false sense of security. He's been saving up an almighty amount of shite play for the big occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

If it was against good teams then maybe but thats five average teams in a row they struggled to beat.

I see Northampton have handed out another ass whoopin today. Momentum has swung back in their favour I fear.

Not too sure it was an ass whopping from reports. I didn't see the match but from what I read, Northampton went about 20 points clear, then Sale came back to within a few points at which point they had their hooker sent off and Northampton kicked on and put about 4/5 tries on them.
    If I was an Ulster fan I'd be quietly optimistic, Ulster's form hasn't been the best I know but I think on paper the Ulster team has a lot more class, if some of their players really put in some hard work I think they might win. Ulster also seem to have a large following away, especially in England.
    I think the loss of Ferris might hurt them, he is a one man wrecking machine.
    I really hope they make the semis though.

Horrible start for ulster Northampton try 7-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Horrible start for ulster Northampton try 7-0

:D any links?,cheers in advance.

:D any links?,cheers in advance.
    this one is decent

http://www.justin.tv/twomintpork1#/w/1065967072

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

thanks very much,decent but no more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭lologram

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

lologram wrote: »
    And Jamie Smyth goes to the Dragons.
    Any idea why he left? Was he getting no gametime at all?

theKramer wrote: »
    He definitely wasn't getting much game time, with Payne coming in he was going to move down the pecking order so it is the right decision for him to go

theKramer wrote: »

Got injured early in the season IIRC and that gave D'Arcy the chance to nail down the shirt. Think he only back fit recently.

It's the right decision by him to leave, as Ciaran says. Poor Martyn Thomas broke his leg again so Smith will get a run of games in the 15 shirt for the Dragons (assuming he's been signed to play fullback).

It's the right decision by him to leave, as Ciaran says. Poor Martyn Thomas broke his leg again so Smith will get a run of games in the 15 shirt for the Dragons (assuming he's been signed to play fullback).
    Thats the second time Thomas has broken that leg, I beleive that Dragon's will be playing a winger at 15 for the next while so I presume that Smith has been signed to step into that position.

Does anyone know Diack's height the Ulster site says 6"4 and 6"6 in different spots on the one page

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/rugby/ulster_first_team.php?player=78138&includeref=dynamic

• Advertisement

Was really impressed with Paddy McAllister again tonight. I know Wright is working his way back to full fitness but McAllister had him bet up a stick in a few scrums.

He's going to put real pressure on Cian Healy in the near future if he continues to improve as he has this season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement