Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

CouchSmart wrote: »
    Best still hasn't learned. Kept making the same mistake for Ireland, if it's 50:50 just leave it, Rory!

Nah that was just abysmal reffing.

Try time.

On the line is a try

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Was Best not the player competing for the ball on the ground?

We was sent to the bin because he was the "tackler" and was competing off his feet.

In actual fact he wasn't the tackler, and he entered legally

how could the video ref possibly be taking this long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭CouchSmart

We was sent to the bin because he was the "tackler" and was competing off his feet.

In actual fact he wasn't the tackler, and he entered legally

Oh right, thought the ref gave the penalty because he made the tackle and began competing for the ball before releasing the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭damianmcr

Get in. Pienaar you beauty.

Pienaar from a long way out, 19-16

5 mins left. Ulster with a 1 man advantage

Farcical again by the ref

Knock on my arse.
    Come on ulster.

Ah fk

• Advertisement

What in the name of God?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

What in the name of God?

Players should be docked wages for such stupidity
    esp when ive abet on ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Story?

Right Pienaar, do your magic.

One time please!

Ulster penalty. 79th min

Ha, another Welsh ref who likes to have an 'influence' on the game.

durkadurka wrote: »
    Story?

19-19

Pienaar with 50m kick with 1min to win it

gets it

RP is amazing:D

Great win.
    Pienaar has balls of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

farcical reffing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Fcuk me was drinking myself to a stupper super kick now to let bet roll on crusaders minus 10 tommorow

RuggieBear wrote: »
    farcical reffing

I was only flicking but it seems we've found a new James Jones?

I believe his name actually is Jones as well? May be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Fantastic kick at the end there.
    But the timing seemed to off both with the ref and the tv coverage, the sin-binned Glasgow player came back on after 8 minutes and when the kick went over there was 30 seconds left on the tv clock.

Anyway :p
    Great win for Ulster, should have home semi in sight with Scarlets and Connacht at home.

with less brain power.

It was bizaare. Would've been fun as a complete neutral.

Referee bingo would be an apt description of what went on.

"hmm, now, I think a .... Penalty!"
    "to........."
    "... Glasgow!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ref decided the game...not the players. this sort of reffing is going to kill this league tbh.

IRFU, WRU, SRU and FIR need to pump money into improving the standard of the referees. Rolland, Lewis, Clancy and Owens are the only refs I can think of, from the 4 unions, that are really up to reffing at this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Redsock

We were shocking but the ref was much worse. RP is looking like a bargain signing though. We would be nowhere near the top 4 without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Interview with Pienaar, shows the kick too:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/my_club/glasgow/9432662.stm

Not the first time Pienaar has done it, watch from 3:20 here:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

The referee tonight has been absolutely appalling

This is the worst refereeing performance I think Ive seen all year (on tv that is)

It is an absolutely soul destroying performance for the players by that travesty of an official. It began at the kick off and was unrelenting to the final kick. Players want a ref to be consistent. They knock their pelts in during the week in training and double the effort on the pitch. Fans pay a lot of cash to watch and then an arrogant pillock ruins it. This guy just selected offences, knocks-on, forward passes out of some sort of mental list. He totally ignored Glasgow's total capitulation at most scrums, standing up, dropping binds, breaking off at the back. Then there was being offside in the backs and coming in at the side, pulling down mauls etc. When things got too fast for him he simply plucked something out of his head and blew the whistle. I'm sure the Glasgow fans would have similar views on Ulster getting away with 'it'.
    Best still hasn't learned. Kept making the same mistake for Ireland, if it's 50:50 just leave it, Rory!
    Was Best not the player competing for the ball on the ground?
    Best is a normally very even tempered guy in the face of tough situations on the pitch and takes bad decisions on the chin like most players. This was so wildly wrong you'd have to suspect that the ref decided to do bin a player no matter what. He could not possibly have mistaken Best for the two players who made the tackle. They were lying on the ground having released the player. Best was wearing a feckin' scarlet scrum cap fore God's sake. He was incandescent with rage.

James Jones may be bad but this gobsheeite was in a sub-sub-sub league of his own.

Having said all that Ulster were hopeless. None of the sides that get into the play-offs have anything to fear if Ulster make it.
    Playing half the side out of position was completely stupid. What in the name of all that's holy can be the reason to do that? Danielli was o.k. but when you have 2 15s in the 22 why play him there AND ONE OF THE 15S ON THE WING? Diack is a good 8 so why play him at 6. Wannenberg is a good 6 so why play him at 8. Why play Henry at 7 when you have Faloon. ......and finally, WHY PLAY MARSHALL AT 9 WHEN YOU HAVE RUAN PIENAAR? Cretinous, amateurish twattery.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement