Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

krudler wrote: »
    could be, the States invades Russia as a backlash from MW2, they hinted at a WWIII take on things, could be the makings of it. roll on the 23rd!

Why the 23rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    ah but guys you have to admit that cover is awesome even if it is fake it would be awesome as the picture for MW3

Really? I mean its pretty much the same as mw2 cover with a different colour pallet? It doesnt represent anything about the game other than you play as a soldier? I cant see whats awesome about it?

Its just set to be as distinctive as possible (big contrast between white on black to catch your eye using the mw3 font then so that you can recognize its a MW game without even reading the title) - tis all simple marketing stuff which its grand for but I wouldnt consider it "awesome" ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I would like to also comment on the rumoured box art.
    It is interesting that the Call of Duty logo is so large on the box. Before the Infinity Ward incidents, there was a point where the CoD name was not even going to be on it, and that the MW logo itself was going to sell. Compare the size of the texts in the MW series and it seems to be going back and forth.

As for the B/W contrast, I hope it is done for the visual effect and not to tell us to brace ourselves for more snow maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Softair

guys I dont think this is fake..... the grip on his M4 is a Magpul AFG and they were only made really early this year and end of last year, and he has a heart beat sensor on his RIS rail.... this could be legit

medium_2vaks44.jpg

afg2.jpg
    He's also clearly wearing MultiCam which was newly commissioned in 2010 for US army forces in Afghanistan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why the 23rd?

supposedly its the date Activision release the first MW3 details before E3

• Advertisement

Oh ok, softair is right, that multicam is new to USMC so this is either legit or a flawless fake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

I hope they sort out the interface in this and bring in party chat, a better player invitation system and game search options. It's just so far behind blackops' system it's prehistoric. Blackops isn't perfect as it takes ages to go from the multiplayer screen to online game type options, but in terms of easy usage it's streamlined better.

If they manage to get a smoother system in place with less of the things that ruin an otherwise enjoyable game.

• noobtubes: should be either a perk or have their damage reduced or a suitable counter perk not equipment that further penalises a player like blast shield.
    • oma: just remove it or make it so it only replenished bullets
    • commando: sometimes it's irrelevant othertimes on a poorer connection, enemies walk through your bullets.
    • boosting: come down hard on anyone offering to do this. Warning then a week without message privileges. Next one is a month and you're docked a prestige.
    • Glitching: permanent kick from xbox live. Microsoft were right to ban how many people who hacked/manipulated the xbox before so the precedent is there to do it again.
    Perk selection
    Made these up on the fly so I've no idea if these will work or if there is a weakness.
    Perk Tier 1
    • Bomb squad instead of OMA: like flak jacket, pro gives you the ability to see enemy equipment
    • Scavenger: pro gives you the ability to pick up any gun and for it to have full ammo (not noobtubes)
    • Bling:
    • Marathon:
    • Sleight of Hand:
    Perk Tier 2
    • Cold blooded:
    • Stopping power:
    • Ordnance instead of Danger Close: gives 2x noobtube, pro makes the grenades "detonate-able" in flight.
    • Hardline:
    • Lightweight:
    Perk Tier 3
    • Ninja:
    • Sitrep: No longer see explosives but pro gives a larger or detailed mini map or like tac mask pro, gives location of enemies hit with grenades.
    • Steady aim:
    • Scrambler:
    • Last stand:
    Killstreaks
    Since blackops had the blackbird, I'd reckon they'll have some sort of satelite uplink in mw3. No nukes. Killstreaks kills don't count towards other killstreaks and can be sorted through and can be set up for individual classes.

Deathstreaks
    Painkiller is disgusting, if I put a full clip from a m4 or a scar into you then you should be dead.

Private games & alternative multiplayer campaign.
    COD4 had arcade mode, bring it back for the campaign, MW2 had special ops, make it 4 player like zombies and give us loads of options for private games. Finally give us a multiplayer campaign, Halo did it and it's a laugh. You could set it up like gears of war so teammates revive you like last stand. Allow players to pick 2 other perks and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

yimrsg wrote: »
    I hope they sort out the interface in this and bring in party chat, a better player invitation system and game search options. It's just so far behind blackops' system it's prehistoric. Blackops isn't perfect as it takes ages to go from the multiplayer screen to online game type options, but in terms of easy usage it's streamlined better.

If they manage to get a smoother system in place with less of the things that ruin an otherwise enjoyable game.

• noobtubes: should be either a perk or have their damage reduced or a suitable counter perk not equipment that further penalises a player like blast shield.
    • oma: just remove it or make it so it only replenished bullets
    • commando: sometimes it's irrelevant othertimes on a poorer connection, enemies walk through your bullets.
    • boosting: come down hard on anyone offering to do this. Warning then a week without message privileges. Next one is a month and you're docked a prestige.
    • Glitching: permanent kick from xbox live. Microsoft were right to ban how many people who hacked/manipulated the xbox before so the precedent is there to do it again.
    Perk selection
    Made these up on the fly so I've no idea if these will work or if there is a weakness.
    Perk Tier 1
    • Bomb squad instead of OMA: like flak jacket, pro gives you the ability to see enemy equipment
    • Scavenger: pro gives you the ability to pick up any gun and for it to have full ammo (not noobtubes)
    • Bling:
    • Marathon:
    • Sleight of Hand:
    Perk Tier 2
    • Cold blooded:
    • Stopping power:
    • Ordnance instead of Danger Close: gives 2x noobtube, pro makes the grenades "detonate-able" in flight.
    • Hardline:
    • Lightweight:
    Perk Tier 3
    • Ninja:
    • Sitrep: No longer see explosives but pro gives a larger or detailed mini map or like tac mask pro, gives location of enemies hit with grenades.
    • Steady aim:
    • Scrambler:
    • Last stand:
    Killstreaks
    Since blackops had the blackbird, I'd reckon they'll have some sort of satelite uplink in mw3. No nukes. Killstreaks kills don't count towards other killstreaks and can be sorted through and can be set up for individual classes.

Deathstreaks
    Painkiller is disgusting, if I put a full clip from a m4 or a scar into you then you should be dead.

Private games & alternative multiplayer campaign.
    COD4 had arcade mode, bring it back for the campaign, MW2 had special ops, make it 4 player like zombies and give us loads of options for private games. Finally give us a multiplayer campaign, Halo did it and it's a laugh. You could set it up like gears of war so teammates revive you like last stand. Allow players to pick 2 other perks and away you go.

If you must keep last stand in there... swap it with marathon.

Personally i'd remove it completely, disgusting perk.

Keep stopping power out, having out gave more customizable options, having it back is a step backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Keeping stopping power out = lots of coldblooded users. Theres always going to be one or 2 perks that are used by hte majority. I'd rather it be something like stopping power that doesnt frustrate a lot of people (Not that ghost anoys me).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,984 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I agree - keep stopping power out of the equation. If there are dedictated servers (please god let there be) then one fella's gun should be equal to the others.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://uk.kotaku.com/5801226/the-modern-warfare-3-files-exclusive-first-details-on-the-biggest-game-of-2011

Kotaku has the date November 8th for release and early test shots.

Edit: Be warned: Kotaku have another article (linked at the bottom of that one) which claims to have the entire story progression, including characters and major spoilers.

Spear wrote: »

Sweet! A magpul FPG (folding pocket gun) , they are a brilliant laugh! Have one myself. Check out youtube for vids.... thats gonna be a blast.

edit - looks like they are all about the branding this time, remmington, magpul, etc. Seems like real world manufacturers are realising that the biggest game in the world is a good advertising form! More realisim for us = win.

some of those proposed evironments could look amazing, its basically COD meets Crysis 2.

please let this be good, pleeeeease

hightower1 wrote: »
    Sweet! A magpul FPG (folding pocket gun) , they are a brilliant laugh! Have one myself. Check out youtube for vids.... thats gonna be a blast.

edit - looks like they are all about the branding this time, remmington, magpul, etc. Seems like real world manufacturers are realising that the biggest game in the world is a good advertising form! More realisim for us = win.

Yeah I was like WOW when i saw the FPG, the new shotgun has a Magpul RVG grip, and my god does the Model 1887 look sexy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

survival mode FTW this looks like the best game ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,066 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd better add a warning to anyone looking at that. Kotaku have another article (linked at the bottom of that one) which claims to have the entire story progression, including characters and major spoilers.

I'd better add a warning to anyone looking at that. Kotaku have another article (linked at the bottom of that one) which claims to have the entire story progression, including characters and major spoilers.

Yeah I read the part about the new characters, didnt go into story how ever

Yeah I was like WOW when i saw the FPG, the new shotgun has a Magpul RVG grip, and my god does the Model 1887 look sexy.

I lol'd when I saw the "hasta la vista" carved into the grip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

we might have psn back up for release night..just maby :D

hightower1 wrote: »
    I lol'd when I saw the "hasta la vista" carved into the grip!

Yeah thats just crazy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Nothing about multiplayer will be revealed till September or so, E3 will just be about the campaign like every other year.

Mogadishu could be a cool mission, will go all Black Hawk Down I bet. those pics of the concept art are great, if its anything like those it could be phenomenal looking on that kind of scale, yay for another AC130 mission too if you play as one of the pilots

hooray for another revolver!

Cant wait to use the new ACR model, love Troy iron sights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

aint gonna believe ANYTHING till I see **** officially!!

I'm defo a proof or GTFO type!!

Could ****e on bout what I want in MW3 but it just aint gonna happen so i'll cry inside slowly....

Even if the game is a pile of ****e i'll still buy it!! crazy how much influence a game series can have on ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,852 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

one thing is for sure, it will be still broken on the consoles unless they have dedicated servers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Keep stopping power out, having out gave more customizable options, having it back is a step backwards
    everlast75 wrote: »
    I agree - keep stopping power out of the equation. If there are dedictated servers (please god let there be) then one fella's gun should be equal to the others.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 has dedicated servers and a stopping power analogue in magnum ammo. In that game it's also got a counter in ceramic armour. It's a powerful perk but it's equally powerful to all. Why shouldn't a .50 cal rip a hole in a human in one shot? A blast of shotgun buckshot likewise would incapacitate a combatant if not kill outright. You might complain about it but it's the truth.

In B:BC2 people bitched about it for being overpowered, overused and a COD clone but in COD it's effect is diluted whereby other powerful perks such as Cold blooded & Danger Close were negated in that you were sacrificing another very powerful perk. Juggernaught was hated in COD4 along with martydom but it made the game interesting as the perk combinations were key not the killstreaks which the later games have become focused on.

Snipers with it on were exposed to UAVs. So they're caught with either showing up on radar or losing out on greater likelihood of one-shot-kills. By having it in the same tier as other powerful perks it means that a silenced camper with cold blooded might not have as much of an advantage against a stopping power user even if they have the element of surprise.

The whole concept of dedicated servers is great providing there are no stupidly obvious gamebreaker perks like dangerclose/oma ripe for abuse. MW2 has a far better connection/hit detection system than blackops but black ops allows locale searches. Dedicated servers won't amount to much unless the rest of the game has been thoroughly play-tested.

They also need an open beta because it was obvious from black ops the closed beta just didnt work

• Advertisement

Private means private.....

Advertisement