Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Balfie wrote: »
    Eamo went on a whinge so I removed my post. :P :pac:

Couldn't give a ****e tbh

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Battleflag wrote: »
    iMuse wrote: »
    Could be battlefield 3 aswell though, The guy who plays ghost let slip that it will be revealed in may, find out soon enough anyway :)

The biggest game in the world returns.. Battlefield!? It's MW3 for sure Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

more than likely it will be announced with Xbox, since Activison have a contract with Xbox to let them have DLC and exclusives

Im not saying BF3 is **** but it isnt the biggest game in the world, Modern Warfare 2 has the title of biggest selling game of all time, plus that font is..... arial black bold... I think, its the same font as MW2`s, I did MW art so I remember all the alphabet characters pretty well, and its green, if its green and not MW then thats bullpoop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I know everything points to MW3 but you know these mags will do anything for a sale so it could end up being something else like Dirt3, Next cod will be revealed at E3 for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd expect a teaser soon, probably just the logo with the nightvision goggle sound effect like the others

krudler wrote: »
    I'd expect a teaser soon, probably just the logo with the nightvision goggle sound effect like the others

Nah IW only tease when they dont have any expectations, no one really expected an MW2 thats why they teased, now that MW3 is known they will announce it, maybe at a press conference, no doubt the game will be played at E3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

If you've not played the Campaign mode, particularly in COD4, you're kinda missing out. Subsequent entries have been a lot lazier about it, but they've still got some neat touches.

And yeah, I don't play online at all anymore, so no campaign mode, no interest. MP may be where the money is, but disregarding it completely is a concession to greed and laziness IMHO.

i did play campaign on cod5, [EMAIL="w@w"]w@w[/EMAIL] and mw2 just couldnt give a sh!te about it i found it all boring, MP is the reason 95% of us buy cod games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

MarkY91 wrote: »
    MP is the reason 95% of us buy cod games :)

You'd be surprised. Sure, it's where most of the interest is, and with Live subscriptions multiplayer packs etc. they're quite a moneyspinner for all concerned. However - if I'm looking at a game, and I hear that it's got either no singleplayer, or a SP that lasts all of five hours, it screams of "cashcow". I am less likely to look into the Multiplayer if I get a sense the developers can't see past all those juicy, juicy MS points.

Modern Warfare 2 wasn't the fastest selling title ever etc. purely on the basis of the multiplayer. That's a large part of it sure - and it's the bit people talk about for years afterwards - but for the initial release, the single player can be quite important, particularly bearing in mind that the first few weeks of any big MP release is usually a horrifyingly unusable mess.

There were a few moments in the Modern Warfare campaigns which are still considered pretty iconic in terms of modern games; that's not something you can really get from multiplayer-only games, and it is the stuff that lures somebody into a series or genre that wouldn't otherwise play it. If I were a developer, I would be reluctant to give up the value of those little signature scenes and characters to my brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You'd be surprised. Sure, it's where most of the interest is, and with Live subscriptions multiplayer packs etc. they're quite a moneyspinner for all concerned. However - if I'm looking at a game, and I hear that it's got either no singleplayer, or a SP that lasts all of five hours, it screams of "cashcow". I am less likely to look into the Multiplayer if I get a sense the developers can't see past all those juicy, juicy MS points.

Modern Warfare 2 wasn't the fastest selling title ever etc. purely on the basis of the multiplayer. That's a large part of it sure - and it's the bit people talk about for years afterwards - but for the initial release, the single player can be quite important, particularly bearing in mind that the first few weeks of any big MP release is usually a horrifyingly unusable mess.

There were a few moments in the Modern Warfare campaigns which are still considered pretty iconic in terms of modern games; that's not something you can really get from multiplayer-only games, and it is the stuff that lures somebody into a series or genre that wouldn't otherwise play it. If I were a developer, I would be reluctant to give up the value of those little signature scenes and characters to my brand.

Sounds like you are far more principled than I.

Sure, I'd love to be able to say that I won't buckle and buy it on those grounds, but the fact of the matter is I will :(

• Advertisement

:eek: :D

Steve Fukada. Former IW employee.

Fake much?

205b3.png

Fake, notice how he is on Find a Match and it says locked until level 5, and the image thats faded in the back is the same image as MW2 ghost, very well made but its fake

Ah I copped the level 5 part just there :P still think its fake though.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I hope they stick with the mw2 menu layout, found black ops confusing when I first started playing it - too clustered.

Game could be announced later today at Activision's Conference
    With Activision Blizzard's financial results and its quarterly conference call due to be revealed in just a few hours, rumors are flying that there will be major announcements from the publisher concerning its popular Call of Duty shooter franchise as well as Blizzard's long awaited action-RPG sequel Diablo III.

The financial results for the first calendar quarter of 2011 are scheduled to be revealed just a few minutes after 4 pm Eastern time. Activision Blizzard's financial conference call is scheduled to be held at 4:30 pm Eastern time. Activision execs are expected to give an update on the publisher's release schedule for the rest of 2011 while Blizzard's CEO is also expected to give an update on their line up of future games.

Much of the talk concerns the Call of Duty shooter franchise. Activision is expected to officially announce the next major game in the series, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, any day now and its possible that today's financial results could be an excuse to make that announcement. Eurogamer claims that they have already learned the release date for the game (November 8, 2011). We may also get an update on Beachhead Studios, the so far mysterious new internal game development team that Activision revealed in its last conference call three months ago. So far all we know is that the team is working on "the development of an innovative new digital platform and special services for our Call of Duty community."

As far as the Blizzard part of Activision Blizzard, the rumors are that Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime might finally reveal more info about Diablo III, specifically when the long awaited game will finally launch its closed beta test, allowing people outside of Blizzard to play the game. While it's likely that Blizzard will offer up some kind of Diablo III development update during the conference call it may just be wishful thinking by Blizzard fans if they expect a specific beta launch date. Diablo III's final release date is officially "when it's done" although Blizzard team members have said in previous interviews this year that the goal is to get the game completed and shipped before the end of 2011.

Battleflag wrote: »
    I hope they stick with the mw2 menu layout, found black ops confusing when I first started playing it - too clustered.

Game could be announced later today at Activision's Conference

Oh my twisted nipples!

The funny thing is, if you look to the top right corner you will notice "signed in : PartnerNet" which is the name of the developers-only alternative Xbox Live network. Clever, but someone spelled it wrong :P

Yeah dude, I have a bit of good news :D IW said they may have a job opening for me when I finish college!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    Yeah dude, I have a bit of good news :D IW said they may have a job opening for me when I finish college!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek: its up to you now to fulfill our wishes, you are the chosen one..

You never know guys I could be at E3 in 2017 playing a new CoD :P

thats awesome man hope it works out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

For MW3 I want a perk that allows to go into a room of campers and do this from the 30 second mark onwards

I've tried doing it with dual wielding scorpions but never quite works as well...

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    For MW3 I was a perk that allows to go into a room of campers and do this from the 30 second mark onwards

I've tried doing it with dual wielding scorpions but never quite works as well...

One day after I work at IW a perk called RAPE is leaked onto IGN :P

• Advertisement

apparently it has a name; Call of Duty: Project Collossus

http://mmomfg.com/2011/05/09/next-cod-this-november-0509/

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    For MW3 I want a perk that allows to go into a room of campers and do this from the 30 second mark onwards

I liked that movie so much, I watched it twice in the cinema :o :pac:

I liked that movie so much, I watched it twice in the cinema :o :pac:

People said it sucked, I never saw the whole thing, may pick it up later and make the girlfriend watch it :rolleyes:

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    People said it sucked, I never saw the whole thing, may pick it up later and make the girlfriend watch it :rolleyes:

Its pretty sh1te tbh, some of the gun scenes are cool but the whole thing is really silly, and they needed a bigger budget, futuristic soldiers wearing black motorbike helmets and paintball masks= cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

from giantbomb

just a bit of info about how happy with the way the new game is looking. but they are bound to say that. hopefully its true

Without a doubt it will be shown at Microsofts E3 conference with them announcing something exclusive, M$ didnt fork out money on that 3 year deal for nothing.

whens E3? june?

krudler wrote: »
    whens E3? june?

7-9 June Afaik so just the "few weeks" away activision are talking about.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Loved MW2, disliked Black Ops. To say I am excited about this game is a rediculous understatement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i did not dislike black ops, i find it fine really. but the lads i usually play with all traded it in and went back to mw2 and mw1 again. the most enjoyment i get is playing late at night with a few bottles and a few team games so not playing much black ops. (less again since the PSN went belly up)

i have high hopes for mw3 (or what ever it will be called) and battlefield 3 , plus with the PSN down i have finally started playing some games that i bought and only played for a few minutes.

Advertisement