Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

CptMackey wrote: »
    Ya thought that too. The HUD hasn't changed 1%
    A bit lazy me thinks
    Higher detail Map,
    New strike indicator.
    EI_Flyboy wrote: »
    Dunno why they still call the Predator missiles, the Predator's getting phased out, being replaced by the Reaper.
    Probably to suit the MW2 crowd. And tbh, when you get enough of them with the Hellfire you are not going to care too much about what they are called

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Jet Black wrote: »
    No. It will still be free to play online (gold sub still needed) its just additional stuff,like all content released for the next year will be included.

Thanks for that.
    Doesn't seem so bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

iMuse wrote: »

that looks like epic fun! imagine a team of 6 with them called in at the same time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi all,
    After my walk around the shops this weekend, there seems to be huge confusion about what editions are where...I can't seem to find any onformation what gives definitive information. Here is what I have heard...

-Gamestop state on posters that they are the only ones that will have the Hardened edition.
    -HMV are getting the hardened edition.
    -Game won't have the Hardened edition,but will have an Intel edition. However, on the Game website, it states that the Intel edition which is actually the hardened edition plus a preorder bonus.
    -Game are the only store selling the 320GB MW3 console, but posters here state otherwise. Also, they are currently not taking preorders.

Does anyone know wtf is actually concrete information. It's tough to put down a preorder.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    For anyone interested in the million dollar tournament
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQiqMen9MF4
    starts around the 1h mark

Lads doing commentary are brilliant.. "These guys are looking like STRAIGHT STUDS up here"

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is there a collectors edition ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Headshot wrote: »
    Is there a collectors edition ?

of MW3?

Yeah Hardened edition.

Modern Warfare 3 in a Steelbook Case
    1 year of Call of Duty: ELITE membership (map packs included)
    Special Founder status on Call of Duty: ELITE
    Animated Timeline Theme (PS3 exclusive)
    Juggernaut outfit for avatar (Xbox 360 exclusive)
    Limited Edition Collectable Field Journal

No prestige edition announced, but it's still possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

is it possible to buy the regular version of the game and buy the elite service on xbox marketplace using points?

i want to get the actual mw3 xbox but that only comes with the regular game, was looking at buying the elite service straight away or just trade in the regular game for the hardened version...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

is it possible to buy the regular version of the game and buy the elite service on xbox marketplace using points?

i want to get the actual mw3 xbox but that only comes with the regular game, was looking at buying the elite service straight away or just trade in the regular game for the hardened version...

When I got the special edition Halo slim 360, I got all the codes and stuff that came in the legendary edition. I didn't get any of the steel casing or other stuff, but you might get the elite code with it...

Edit: yup you can buy it using points too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I heard the MW3 xbox came with hardened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm not sure if you can buy it using points but you can definitely buy it separately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,531 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Really can't wait to encounter this type of situation again in MW3:rolleyes:

/QS hate:pac:

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Hi all,
    After my walk around the shops this weekend, there seems to be huge confusion about what editions are where...I can't seem to find any onformation what gives definitive information. Here is what I have heard...

-Gamestop state on posters that they are the only ones that will have the Hardened edition.
    -HMV are getting the hardened edition.
    -Game won't have the Hardened edition,but will have an Intel edition. However, on the Game website, it states that the Intel edition which is actually the hardened edition plus a preorder bonus.
    -Game are the only store selling the 320GB MW3 console, but posters here state otherwise. Also, they are currently not taking preorders.

Does anyone know wtf is actually concrete information. It's tough to put down a preorder.

Not surprising that the Irish retailers don't have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Blay wrote: »

Me too! Cos I'd **** all over them ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,933 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

god I hate qs but blacks ops was ****ing awful for snipping

is it that hard to create a game that has good snipping but no qs?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Blay wrote: »

You probably wont, since anyone that wants to run around quickscoping will just do it in the sniper gamemode where everyone HAS to snipe.

Really looking forward to that tbh, hopefully its not like wager matches and you can actually level up in it. Nothing more fun in CoD than sniping imo, just frustrating as hell because 9/10 times if your playing on your own you'll have to switch out to a reg gun if you want to win (Because your team is usually full of complete failures and using a sniper just wont get **** all done because its a gimped class).

I entered into a quick scoping game once by accident, and went about it with an smg as I usually do.

I just thought I was doing really well and was so excited to come first in a game.
    Then it became clear what was going on and they freaked and kicked me out

I entered into a quick scoping game once by accident, and went about it with an smg as I usually do.

I just thought I was doing really well and was so excited to come first in a game.
    Then it became clear what was going on and they freaked and kicked me out

haha, in fairness... i'd have kicked you too !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

"Oi, you gots that clip inz a snipper lobby, ur a such a n00bfag"

..is what will be heard a lot in the game's release

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    haha, in fairness... i'd have kicked you too !

Not cool.
    As I said to them, 'if you're so good with your rifles, then beat me straight up'.
    They opted to kick me instead.

Not cool.
    As I said to them, 'if you're so good with your rifles, then beat me straight up'.
    They opted to kick me instead.

Im assuming since they kicked you... that it was a private match ? And the idea of it being private was so they could play by their own rules ? In which case it was "cool" since you were probably being an idiot :)

Nope.
    They invited me from a public game without explaining their rules etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

It had to be a private game -_-.

Ofcourse it was, I didn't dispute that.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭tonsiltickler

Have been watching some of the mutliplayer videos that have made their way onto youtube. Very dissapointing; looks like a new map + weapon pack for MW2 with so so sound. One of the maps looks like IW re-did hotel from black ops, another looks like scrapyard/fuel pt2. Nothing groundbreaking. Think I'll be giving it a skip, but I'll see.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

So the big question.. Normal or Hardened?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

DermotOH wrote: »
    So the big question.. Normal or Hardened?

Hardened, its worth it just for the map packs alone

krudler wrote: »
    Hardened, its worth it just for the map packs alone

it'll be cheaper to buy the normal version + elite, depends how much you think the rest of the hardened pack is worth tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Magill wrote: »
    it'll be cheaper to buy the normal version + elite, depends how much you think the rest of the hardened pack is worth tho.

I'm a sucker for steelbooks :pac: plus having it all in one package is cool, think I'll get MW3 on ps3 and BF3 on xbox

Advertisement