Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

The maps on MW3 have that same bland brown/grey feel. Just played MW2 to try get into it all again but it's just so bland looking.

Give me Hazard on Black ops any day. I can actually spot people a long distance away on those kinda of textures and colours.

Im the opposite, find it alot easier to see people in mw2 compared to black ops

btw the new dogtags gamemode looks class, id imagine the campers will avoid it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Kev_ps3 wrote: »

yup, way easier imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

hmm.. maybe its just me (Im not blind) but i can spot at distance perfectly fine on both !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Tbh I don't buy Cod for the graphics or how the colour of the maps look, doubt many other people do aswell. They can't improve them much more on MW2 without dropping the 60FPS.

• Advertisement

Magill wrote: »
    hmm.. maybe its just me (Im not blind) but i can spot at distance perfectly fine on both !!

not about distance. It's the way peeps using ghost are hard to pick out sometimes on maps such as hanoi, possibly jungle too if they're prone.

Ghillie suits in mw2 were laughable in any map but wasteland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

finally someone speaks sense!!!!!
    btw the new dogtags gamemode looks class, id imagine the campers will avoid it:D

and then wrecks it :/. its not new son its been around since crysis 2 at the very least

sierra117x wrote: »

and then wrecks it :/. its not new son its been around since crysis 2 at the very least

In fairness it's new to the COD series. Crysis 2 isn't that old either.

havent played crysis

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its new to COd though, and Crysis 2, that game that came out barely 6 months ago?
    Crysis did have this awesome feature though where if you got 3,5 or 7 kills in a row, WITHOUT dying,to make it a bit more difficult, you got rewards or "killstreaks" as the kids call them, you could see people on radar, always handy, you got a helicopter to fly about and shoot the other team! cant believe no other fps games had that feature before.

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    its new to COd though, and Crysis 2, that game that came out barely 6 months ago?
    Crysis did have this awesome feature though where if you got 3,5 or 7 kills in a row, WITHOUT dying,to make it a bit more difficult, you got rewards or "killstreaks" as the kids call them, you could see people on radar, always handy, you got a helicopter to fly about and shoot the other team! cant believe no other fps games had that feature before.

BF BC2 ?

LakesKeane wrote: »
    In fairness it's new to the COD series. Crysis 2 isn't that old either.
    this is true and unlike some people(cough coraven cough) im fairly supportive of the idea. on the one hand we get a a dozen games which are pretty much clones of each other . or the other way of looking at it is that we get games that have taken the best features of their predecessors and combined them for an even better experience
    havent played crysis
    fair enough and sorry if it seemed like a dig at you i was just letting you know it wasnt exactly a new an innovative idea brewed up by IW
    krudler wrote: »
    yo captain sarcastic i never said that it was wrong of them to take it. i never said they never took anything themselves either so dont be too hard on me . the important thing to take from all this is that they've all clearly stolen from counterstrike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

fair enough and sorry if it seemed like a dig at you i was just letting you know it wasnt exactly a new an innovative idea brewed up by IW

I know it isn't innovative and neither is the survival mode really, but at least they're trying to expand the experience for everone, so kudos for that.

Read from a website that the DLC released during the yearly subscription will be available after the subscription expires. I know a few people during the first weeks of the Elite being announced wondered if it's just available when the subscription is active.

this is true and unlike some people(cough coraven cough) im fairly supportive of the idea. on the one hand we get a a dozen games which are pretty much clones of each other . or the other way of looking at it is that we get games that have taken the best features of their predecessors and combined them for an even better experience

yo captain sarcastic i never said that it was wrong of them to take it. i never said they never took anything themselves either so dont be too hard on me . the important thing to take from all this is that they've all clearly stolen from counterstrike

haha, and microsoft and sony stole the analogue sticks from nintendo!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

How much would ye say the Hardened edition will cost?

€70 last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Keno 92 wrote: »
    How much would ye say the Hardened edition will cost?

€70 last year.

Confirmed as €100 in Gamestop, they said the Elite is going to cost 35£/50$ alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Thomasheen

I kinda torn on this right now after watching a good few vids. Its the exact same as mw2 showing to me that the infinity ward split dealt a big blow to the games production. Theres nothing really in there that excites me. I think I might have to go get battlefield or skyrim instead and maybe get mw3 at christmas. Whatcha think?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Confirmed as €100 in Gamestop, they said the Elite is going to cost 35£/50$ alone.
    they told me 100 minimum. said no confirmed price but considering they got told there's only regular and hardened that the price could be higher

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

What's this subscription everyone is talking about?
    Are they trying to get people to pay to play it online?....separately from your xbl?

???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone know how much the mw3 actual xbox is going to be? and is the hardned edition included with it or just the regular version....

• Advertisement

anyone know how much the mw3 actual xbox is going to be? and is the hardned edition included with it or just the regular version....

http://www.gamestop.ie/42118_Xbox_360_Modern_Warfare_3_Limited_Edition_Xbox_360_Console_320GB_Game_2_Custom_Pads.aspx

Think its just the standard game it comes with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

iMuse wrote: »

ye so im looking at about 350 euro with the elite service but iv got 2 20 euro vouchers and i might trade in a game or 2 because i have to get the hardened edition because of the dlc.

what do ye reckon 300 for the console 2pads, headset, and game or 100 buck for the hardened edition?

which do you think is better value...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oh my god that French voice is so cheesy.

How am I supposed to take a game seriously when i'm laughing at the chap saying "Capchure the objecteevs" in my ear?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

???

No. It will still be free to play online (gold sub still needed) its just additional stuff,like all content released for the next year will be included.

For anyone interested in the million dollar tournament
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQiqMen9MF4
    starts around the 1h mark

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Deagles

640px-02-Dual-Wielding-MW3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Oh my god that French voice is so cheesy.

How am I supposed to take a game seriously when i'm laughing at the chap saying "Capchure the objecteevs" in my ear?

does the French team have a "press left on analogue stick to surrender" perk :pac:

Advertisement