Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The simple things in life

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

*Going for a shower, put on pjs, watch few episodes of Brothers+Sisters with my tea in front of the fire.
    *Long drives on my own when I can sing to my heart's content.
    *On days off, getting up early and watching some daytime tv.
    *Getting ready to go out, choons blaring and me bopping around my room getting psyched up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Loving this thread! :)

A few of mine...

- Driving late at night
    - Spending way too long in the shower
    - The 'crunch' sound when you walk over a path of fresh, thick snow
    - Waking up at 'work' time and then realising it's your day off. Beautiful!
    - Holding hands
    - Late night heart-to-hearts
    - Doodling
    - Belly-aching laughter.
    - A new one for me...baking and then decorating cupcakes with a million different colours, frostings and toppings. Profoundly satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

What an amazing AMAZING thread :)

For me:

Books - the smell of new books and library books makes me go weak at the knees
    Stationary - pens, notebooks, rulers, folders... just love it!
    Picking up a travel magazine and being filled with imense love for our beautiful creative planet
    Tea - Barry's Tea
    Mascara
    Rasher Sandwiches
    Singing, cos i can
    Driving, again cos i can
    Sex And The City & Friends reruns, reminds me of happy times
    Jammies, dressing gowns, new pennys socks, hot water bottle/electric blanket and a book.... bliss.
    Beaches.. walking, relaxing, sunbathing
    Being with my mammy and daddy
    Hats
    Nailpolish

Oh i could go on. Feel all gooey inside now :D

Lying in bed and listening to the rain outside knowing that you don't have to face it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

the smell of freshly cut grass, especially the first cut of the season, holds such promise for a bright sunny summer ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Those long girly chats on your bed with your best friend.

Right now, I'm still in my pjs, crisps and dip, mug of tea and chatting with my mate on FB <3 Saturday is my new Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

Last night my husband wasn't feeling well and went to bed early. After a while I decided I'd go up to bed too and keep him company but when I got there he was asleep. So I went back downstairs and made a cup of tea, got my book and came back up into bed beside him to read. About 2 chapters into the book I noticed him moving around a bit and next thing he takes a Galaxy bar from under his pillow and hands it to me, turns back on his side mumbling to himself and goes back to sleep.
    You can buy a lot of things in this life but you can't buy that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Doing a loop of Madrid city centre with some good sounds in me ears. Love that this city is small enough to do that.

Same as a lot of people here...tea and a book in bed.

People watching on the Metro...trying to figure out what people are saying and feeling without hearing them (I usually have my headphones on)...the Spanish are a fascinating bunch to observe....looks like they´re having an argument but they´re just talking heatedly. And they´re so nice to their children...it´s lovely to see. Plus some of the men are real lookers. Makes the long journeys between my company classes a pleasure.

Bookshops and libraries! I get this safe feeling when I´m in them. I usually feel a horrible loneliness when I´m shopping alone that I hate but bookshops instantly make me feel warm and fuzzy inside surrounded by so many fellow book lovers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Those weird little things, like private jokes between you and your boyfriend/girlfriend. My boyfriend and I have a face - I can't even begin to describe what it's like - and every so often we turn to each other and make it, and it always makes me laugh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Cuddling up to somebody and being totally comfortable in your own little world. Toast when its all buttery and lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

- sleepy kisses and cuddles from the other half, and or waking up with the other half at a very late hour on a day off :)
    - Excited screaming and a sloppy kiss and squeezy cuddles from the little people in my life (sadly not as little anymore) :(
    - Unexpected suprises.
    - Being sucked into another world through a book.
    - Pampering night in...clean sheets on the bed, all washed and conditioned, new PJ's and boards/a book.
    - Pints with people you've not seen in ages.
    - Getting lost in Chapters bookshop.
    - Last bargain in your size in pennys or any store :)
    - Nommy dinners, wether it be home made or out and about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Just thought of another one, putting on clothes just after ironing them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭kiwi123

waking up late at night and snuggling into bed because you have absolutely nothing on your mind or nothing to worry you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Waking up early on a Tuesday morning after a night shift and curling up under the covers while you listen to everyone else getting up for work...

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Long showers
    Listening to music, really loud
    Listening to the birds as they head to nest for the night
    A red stag roaring during the rut
    People watching
    My wifes smile

• Registered Users Posts: 13 oliverstjohn

• If I am home late- going into my sons' room and looking at those two angels sleeping, giving them a kiss goodnight.
    • Hot tea (lots of it), good book or DVD- preferably a psychological thriller like 'Waking the Dead' or 'Messiah'
    • Browsing in a book shop with no time limits.
    • Belly laughing irreverently with my friends & family
    • those moments of unspoken understanding with my oh- a look, glance or smile that reminds me I am not alone.
    • Walking on a beach in any weather.
    • people watching anywhere, writing their lifestories in my head.
    • The moments when I realise....' it doesn't get much better than this...'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Just thought of another one...long skype chats with the folks back home.

I'm living in Toronto and working long 6 day weeks and with the time difference it can be hard to schedule, but since the contact can be irregular, we invariably end up chatting for hours, talking about anything and everything and having deep heart to hearts about life, the family and what we mean to each other.

Seeing your Mum's face light up and knowing that her seeing you on that fuzzy little screen is the highlight of her day, or watching your distinctly unemotional old man tear up at the sound of your voice and fiddling around hopelessly trying to adjust the volume....seeing the little brat of a dog having an excited barking fit in the background and seeing that the kitchen is as warm, chaotic and homely as it ever was...it makes me smile and it makes me cry and it makes me feel so loved. God I'm a bit homesick today :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

Feeding the horses before sunrise when its all dark and quiet and calm out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Going to the beach solo and sitting there for ages just taking it all in. The beaches where I'm living now aren't great and I'd sell my soul to live next to a decent one in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

beks101 wrote: »
    Just thought of another one...long skype chats with the folks back home.

I'm living in Toronto and working long 6 day weeks and with the time difference it can be hard to schedule, but since the contact can be irregular, we invariably end up chatting for hours, talking about anything and everything and having deep heart to hearts about life, the family and what we mean to each other.

Seeing your Mum's face light up and knowing that her seeing you on that fuzzy little screen is the highlight of her day, or watching your distinctly unemotional old man tear up at the sound of your voice and fiddling around hopelessly trying to adjust the volume....seeing the little brat of a dog having an excited barking fit in the background and seeing that the kitchen is as warm, chaotic and homely as it ever was...it makes me smile and it makes me cry and it makes me feel so loved. God I'm a bit homesick today :o

Im in the same boat, ive been in Australia for nearly 2 years and my parents only got decent enough broadband a month ago. It was just fantastic to actually see them while talking. Ive always hated talking on the phone.

Loving this thread :)
    I love listening to music while falling asleep. That half asleep, half awake feeling. Love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Wrapping my wife in my arms to say good morning every day before we get up to face the day. :):):)

Not gonna get tired of that one...

Advertisement