Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sexuality and society

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭whatsamsn

panda100 wrote: »
    As others pointed out, how many of these sexual encounters are fuelled by alcohol. Personally ,speaking I was well into my twenties before I was able to feel comfortable enough with my body and sexuality before I could have sex sober.

I'm only 28 but I was still brought up in a very traditional,Catholic household, as were many of my friends. My sex education at home consisted of 'Don't sleep with a man because he will have no respect for you'. Alcohol played a huge part in my early sexual encounters where I still felt shame and insecurity about the impact of sleeping with someone. Theres definately still a huge element of sexual repression out there imo.

From the sounds of it I personally think you had an "old school" mentality up bringing. In the way sex was described to you because of your enviroment.
    Im a 25yo guy from Dublin. So we're pretty much the same age (whats 3 years :) ) But in my up bringing their was no stigma to sex. Only thing that one should wear a condom because of STD's and pregancy. My friends were the same. Even people I went to school with. But lets not split hairs. We just had different upbringings :)

But as for the topic of alot of sex only happens because alcohol is present is bulls*it. We as a nation incorporate alcohol a heavy bit into our social lives. The pub being the number one social activity in this country between friends. Yes plenty of other social activities but I hope people can agree with me that "the pub" holds the highest percetage of what average friends do.

So look at the pub setting. Alcohol is present. So are people you dont know. People you may start talking to. So is the alcohol the sole key ingredient? No. Dont get me wrong, who hasnt gone out, got drunk and wouldnt mind going home and shagging someone. We all loose our inhabitions. But its not the glue with irish sex.

Look at the internet. How many people have random one night stands from dating sites? ... That isnt alcohol fuelled.
    If it was socially acceptable (and popular) for dozens of people to goto a venue and have nothing but coffee and chat to new people... people would be hooking up at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

I don't know why people are so ignorant about how the family began and continued functioning before refrigeration, and birth control......
    Stay with me here a second..
    The human female is the only one that can produce milk until the day of her death. Many a husband attests to the pleasure of joining his newest offspring in the delight of the drinking of the breast milk from his wife.

I don't know why more women don't use this bonding hormone of Oxytocin in the bonding of their marriage , too.??
    It has definitely been shown to stop infidelity, bond two adults together, and it is still so sought after by men, but women seem to with hold it from their husbands ,as though they don't care to bond with them.
    Many husbands I have talked to engaging in this with their wives long after the children have grown into their twenties, tell me it is better than sex! wow.... that is sweet , loving, nurturing and tender between two people.

I think we need more couples who are willing to engage in this wonderful thing called Adult Nursing Relationships....... it is absolutely wonderful.
    It has too many benefits to count!:p

What is this i dont even

Advertisement