Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeland [Showtime - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mikemac wrote: »
    it's clear where the razor blade came from.

No way, classic case of misdirection. Personally I think when it comes to the end of the season the terrorist will be anyone but Brody. My money's on
    Saul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

mikemac wrote: »
    I still have no idea how it's going to go though it's clear where the razor blade came from. But alas it can't be proved and so nothing will be done

Assuming you mean Brody gave it to him during the fight, there's also the possiblility that Saul gave it to him when he first entered the room with the prisoner.

He was hugging and kissing the guy like he was his long lost grandmother, good chance to slip him a blade there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Dont forget the pad that was handed over by the woman so he could write down the names of his family. She could have easily hidden a blade in between the pages.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Episode 5. Still solid.

I liked the interrogation scene. It was well-done without being over the top, gratuitous or jingoistic. Plus the awkwardness of Carrie and Brody pretending not to have seen each other. Re how Al Qaeda uses emails, have heard something like that before.

'When did you become such a pussy, Saul?!' Heh. That was inevitable. Yet again, another lead slips from their grasp. It makes sense that the more elusive suspects are largely unknown and slippery. Liked Brody's 'you still here, Mike?' line later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Not following the thread for fear of spoilers but wanted to say this is a great show, best one I've seen in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Great show, very similar role for Lewis to the one he played in that cop show a few years back. He's perfect in that is he or isn't he menacing type role.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I love this show!!!! i have no idea where its going and the twists are brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Going from strength to strength with each episode - Absolutely loving it. Definitely the highlight of the Sunday night dramas, with Dexter being a distant second and The Walking Dead somewhere over the horizon in comparison.

I still think there's a cloud of suspicion hanging over Saul. Wanting to get out of the country to New Delhi when the case was wrapped up, apparently failing the polygraph question when he was stressed, only to pass it later a la Brody... the show is definitely dropping some hints that there is more to him than just a trusted mentor.

Claire Danes is still hot btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Mr E wrote: »
    Bit of a wild theory here, but does anyone else think that
    Carrie is the person who was turned in Iraq? She was lured into a prison over there (the prisoner she spoke to may have been in on it) and she was taken away by the guards there. We have no idea what happened between then and the present day. The pills she is on for her own disorder might be dampening any effects (or memories) of her experience.

That's how Season 1 might pan out, then at the end of the season, something might happen to throw genuine suspicion on Nick.

now that is interesting point to look as,its not realy a spoiler
    i started thinking the same or that the cia are watching Carrie to see if she makes contact with a sleeper cell cos we still dont no hiw she ****ed up in iraq

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Great episode, and next week's looks sublime.
    Go-into-work-late sublime.

• Advertisement

i have this weeks ep mr e if uwant it

I've just said this week's was a great episode, why would I want it? :)

Mr E wrote: »
    I've just said this week's was a great episode, why would I want it? :)

never seen your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Thought that was an awful episode to be honest, red herrings everywhere, felt like I was watching an episode of the Killing. The shootout scene in the motel was hilarious too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Awesome stuff, love the way it's left open with the lie detector test - Saul
    fails - then passes - Brody passes - then proves he can beat it !!

Great TV..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,212 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good episode, I thought.

I'm always a bit wary when they throw in the old drunken revenge sex as it can be creatively yawnworthy, but it served a purpose in the end. I still think they need to keep an eye on how often Brody and Carrie meet in public/at events because otherwise it will see contrived, though maybe there's a bit of a change coming.

Wtf is motivating yer woman married to the late professor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Assuming you mean Brody gave it to him during the fight, there's also the possiblility that Saul gave it to him when he first entered the room with the prisoner.

He was hugging and kissing the guy like he was his long lost grandmother, good chance to slip him a blade there.
    There's also the possibility that it was in the sole of his shoe mentioned during the episode. There is a shot of him getting out of the plane and bundled into the back of a van before the interrogation scene where the camera hangs, maybe a little too long on his runners. I simply just dont know where this is heading too.
    Love it. Really tense atmosphere throughout the episodes.

The blade in the shoe seems like the least likely option to me, it's been mentioned a few times maybe to throw us off and think that there's a human/CIA connection to the suicide.

What did you make about the scene at the end when Carrie got into Brody's car? If he's not been turned he's hardly going to come out 'actually, I'm with you guys, it's safe to talk now'. Maybe he just wants to explain things to Carrie.

I've not watched any of the previews outside of the original trailer. Are they worth checking out?

only got around to watchking ep 6 now.i dont think its saul thats the bad guy as some where saying but i do think its his boos like why did he let bordy in to talk to the iran dude some thing not right with him.

i think carrie having a roll in the hay with brody is all part of here plan to get closer to brody and get info of him,it could be to that its part of her mental ilness that she has and that she offers he self to get what she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

naughto wrote: »
    only got around to watchking ep 6 now.i dont think its saul thats the bad guy as some where saying but i do think its his boos like why did he let bordy in to talk to the iran dude some thing not right with him.

i think carrie having a roll in the hay with brody is all part of here plan to get closer to brody and get info of him,it could be to that its part of her mental ilness that she has and that she offers he self to get what she wants.

She's certainly not afraid to use her assets ;)
    Slept with her Boss, slept with Brody, offered herself to Saul when he told her to stop the surveillance. Sleeping her way to success?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Elohim wrote: »
    She's certainly not afraid to use her assets ;)
    I certainly wouldn't be going near those assets, after seeing the beginning of episode one, where she gave herself a "quick shower" in that area, using a wet cloth.. gross.

I think it's impossible to detect who is good/bad, as the creators can feed us tidbits of stuff that leave us trying to put together the pieces, but normally in vein. In the end, it will come from left field, that its his wife/daughter/postman/etc who is the REAL mastermind.

I predict the introduction of more characters, more "clues" and less "answers" in the coming episodes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm not watching the show...but i hear last night had a corker twist! http://www.tvline.com/2011/11/homeland-twist-carrie-brody-season-1-episode-7/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I haven't watched one since the pilot..

.. might catch up this week.

Yeah good twist alright. I think out of every theory about the turned soldier that came out in this thread, nobody predicted this one. As for the rest, excellent confrontation at the cabin, but a pretty slow episode otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Constant guessing games, not actually knowing where it's going and some really tense scenes to boot. Latest episode was really good. A nice change of pace between the two separate scenes with the to-ing and fro-ing between Saul and Carrie/Brody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye didn't see it coming,interesting twist. Still doesn't explain how the razor blade was passed on,unless it was just missed and no one gave it to him. I think there might still be a twist with a mole within the CIA.

Really good confrontation at the cabin as well. Brody and his family will obviously be now in danger with Walker probably seeking revenge for Brody knocking the crap out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Basq wrote: »
    I haven't watched one since the pilot..

.. might catch up this week.

I got all 7 episodes and watched them in 2 days. It's very good,really gripping stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

Very slow episode alright but nice tension in the cabin, some good scenes.
    Next week's looks quite action packed. Now that there's an actual target I hope the show doesn't start with the cliches and tired plots.

I bet there's something else going on though, prob not someone in the CIA but someone in politics.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I can't believe that Brody is all innocent either though - it seems like a waste of time to concentrate so much time on him being turned, for him to just say "I'm not turned, leave me alone". Excellent twist at the end, definitely didn't see that one coming! I felt quite sorry for him in the end.

I wonder if Carrie not on her meds will impact anything - seems she slipped up with the tea brand and if she was her 'normal' self, she wouldn't have done that. Or maybe her feelings were genuine and she let her guard down. It definitely doesn't seem the end for them though.

Never know whats gonna happen next episode - great stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

That blonde terrorist turned very quickly.......a little too quickly if you ask me. "Enhanced" interrogation techniques weren't even required.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement