Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Weekend

Options
  • 06-01-2011 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭

Saturday
    Saints @ Seahawks

I'm going with the Saints in this one. Yes it's a potential banana skin due to being on the road, the fact that the Seahawks is probably the toughest place to go due to the 12th man. Yes the Saints lost their last game, but it didn't count cos the Falcons were cruising. The Seahawks are 7-9. 7-9!!!! There is no way they win this.
    Winner: Saints

Jets @ Colts

This is a rematch from last year’s AFC Championship game. As usual the Jets are mouthing off and Coach Ryan is leading the way making all the noise. The Colts are scrapping the barrel now as far as talent is concerned due to injuries and such. For me this one comes down to old fashioned, smash mouth football, which the Jets are built to play. Peyton has got Rex's number over the past few years but I feel the Colts have used up too much energy to get to this game and the Jets can finally take the Colts.
    Winner: Jets

Sunday
    Ravens @ Chiefs

The Ravens are running out of time to win one more Superbowl. We all know they are built on and the defense is the identity of this team. However, the defense is getting long in the tooth and the offense needs to step up big time. The Ravens look on paper like they should be explosive, but are doing just enough to win games during the regular season. The Chiefs have somewhat stumbled into the playoffs. But they are built to grind out the clock and have play makers in key positions on offense and defense. Their problem me be inexperience. This game could go either way and I expect it to go to OT. Maybe even double OT now that they have new OT rules in place. I'm taking the Ravens in this one. (Surprise surprise).
    Winner: Ravens

Packers @ Eagles
    Even though I'm a Ravens fan; this is the game I'm looking forward to the most. I'm expecting a scoring bonanza in this one. Both offenses can rack up the yards and the points. Both teams have very good QB's, and very good receivers. I would rate the run games as similar too. The difference for me in this one comes down to one player. Charles Woodson. I have a feeling the Packers are going to be very creative in how they use him in coverage AND in blitzes. I'm expecting the reigning Defensive player of the year to have a couple of picks and a couple of sacks. He is the difference maker in this one and that's why I'm going with the Pack.
    Winner: Packers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Saints, Colts, Ravens & Eagles win IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

evil_seed wrote: »
    Packers @ Eagles
    I would rate the run games as similar too.

Ah come on now. How you can consider McCoy & Vick similar to the Green Bay run game aka Rodgers is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Saints, Colts, Ravens, Packers (if they can stop the run and attack Vick) imo

nice post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

I havent given a weekly prediction all season just because i was too lazy to fill it out for a full plate of games, but for the playoffs i'll make an exception:

Saints over Seashawks
    Colts over Jets
    Ravens over Chiefs
    Eagles over Packers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Saints, Colts, Ravens & Eagles for me

I think the only 50/50 game out there for predictors is the Eagles Packers game. Hoping the Eagles win as then the Bears will avoid the Saints in the next round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

D3PO wrote: »
    Ah come on now. How you can consider McCoy & Vick similar to the Green Bay run game aka Rodgers is beyond me.

OK if you include Vick in the running game then yes, the eagles are better then. What I meant was running backs + o-line, and the ability to run and control that all important time of possesion. As we all know, both teams are pass first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Saints, Colts, Ravens, Packers

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Saints, Colts Chiefs Packers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Saints, Colts, Ravens, Packers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I know hes the respected starter but i liked the look of Whitehurst against the Rams.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I know hes the respected starter but i liked the look of Whitehurst against the Rams.

MH is by far the better QB, CW only trumps him on mobility. Which, to be fair, could be a valid point; since one big hit could finish MH's career, he is going to air the ball out there a lot to avoid taking any licks. I can hear Gregg Williams salivating all the way from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

evil_seed wrote: »
    Even though I'm a Ravens fan; this is the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Jesus dude, your team are in the playoffs. How can this be the game you're most looking forward to?

I'm absolutely beside myself for Saturday night to come for the Colts game. This is how I used to feel on Christmas eve, when I believed in santa.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Think this could be a weekend when all 4 road teams win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

im going with
    Seahawks
    Jets
    Ravens
    Eagles
    seahawks obviously the bizarre choice but they seem to get the bg decisions when playing at home..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Saints, Colts, Chiefs, Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

davyjose wrote: »
    Jesus dude, your team are in the playoffs. How can this be the game you're most looking forward to?

I'm absolutely beside myself for Saturday night to come for the Colts game. This is how I used to feel on Christmas eve, when I believed in santa.

Because this game is the one that has the most potential to be big play after big play and could provide the most unpredictable of plays. Don;t get me wrong, I'm excited for the Ravens game too, I just think the Packers v Eagles game will be better

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Saints, Colts, Ravens, Packers.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

I'm gonna go with:

Saints
    Eagles
    Chiefs
    Colts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Saints
    Jets (Hopefully)
    Chiefs
    Eagles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Saints
    Jets
    Chiefs
    Eagles (sadly)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,750 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

My picks are:

Saints
    Jets
    Ravens
    Eagles.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Chiefs, Jets and Packers for me.

Homefield advantage wins it for the Chiefs. Looking forward to seeing Charles, who has a career average of 6 yds per carry! Chiefs by 1 score or less.

Jets D will get it done while their O will do enough for the win. Jets by 3 in OT.

Packers and Eagles match up nicely. I think the Packers D is far superior to the Eagles D, and will want to vanquish the memories of last year's WC meltdown. Packers by 3-10 pts.

What other game? Oh the scrimmage in Seattle? Payton is resting his starters, while the Seahawk players are pissed that their off-season has been postponed by a week. Seahawks have agreed not to injure any Saints, while in return the Saints won't run up the score. Saints by whatever you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I went for

Seahawks +10.5
    Ravens -3
    Jets +2.5
    Packers +3

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

TV Options for the playoff games?

Are ESPN / Channel 4 showing any or is it sky all the way? Cheers.

I'm afraid it's all Sky until the Superbowl (that's on BBC too).

How do you feel about streaming? With the right set up, it can be brilliant. I always hook my laptop up to the TV through a HDMI cable and get a game that's not on TV from atdhe.net and it never lets me down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What websites will be streaming tomorrows games ?

What websites will be streaming tomorrows games ?

Look at the post directly above yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

i usually watch them through veetle or sopcast on myp2p...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

I'm going with Animals (mostly birds) over Humans/Aircraft

Hawks
    Colts
    Ravens
    Eagles

Go Hawks. Glorious swansong for Hasselbeck beckons. Forecasting rain in 1st half and snow/rain mix in the 2nd - 38°. Saints won't like that.

Advertisement