Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard Weekend

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

chicago must be chuffed

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Ah well, it was a better season than i thought it was gonna be for us iggles, heres to next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET THE FÚCK IN!!!!!!!!!!!! YESS!!

I hope you've a bet on cause if you don't that's pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Jets @ Patriots
    Ravens @ Steelers

You could not ask for a better AFC matchup

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bears v Packers NFC Championship game still possible. Delighted to have gotten the Hawks and not the Eagles next week.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Oh god come on lads. A buck forty five left to save the season.

Time for a sig change...Unlucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET THE FÚCK IN!!!!!!!!!!!! YESS!!

go away.

5 points was the difference

If we make that FG we can kick a field goal at the end and don't have to bomb it into the endzone (it was a shocking throw regardless).

Still it's all ifs and buts. The better team 100% won.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I hope you've a bet on cause if you don't that's pathetic.

I most certainly do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

sweet bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Picked all four winners this weekend when I had no money in my account, first and last time probably. :pac:

• Advertisement

The HAHAHAHA was still classless.

Congrats on the bets though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The HAHAHAHA was still classless.

You're just upset. Sleep it off, you'll feel better tomorrow.
    Congrats on the bets though.

Thanks ;)

You're just upset. Sleep it off, you'll feel better tomorrow.

Thanks ;)

Not a chance i'll feel better tomorrow. This one will hurt for a while... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,956 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

And amazingly the Seahawks were the only home team to win this weekend.

Next weekend its Steelers/Ravens followed by Falcons/Packers on Saturday. On Sunday its Bears/Seahawks followed by Patriots/Jets.

Iirc the Seahawks beat the Bears in Soldier Field in the regular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭spillit67

eagle eye wrote: »
    And amazingly the Seahawks were the only home team to win this weekend.

Next weekend its Steelers/Ravens followed by Falcons/Packers on Saturday. On Sunday its Bears/Seahawks followed by Patriots/Jets.

They did. We're out for revenge brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,225 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

They beat the pre-bye bears by 3. Post-bye Bears are a different and better team. If you look at our pass-run ratio from that game it was laughable 12 runs/40 passes. We worked it out in the bye week and went 7-2 after that :).

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭Rick_

Watched the Packers / Eagles game at home with my mate... who's an Eagles fan! It was a very tense 4th Qtr, and I knew Vick would try a big move in the dying seconds to clinch a win. I just screamed YES! (and probably woke neighbours!) as we got the interception and I could just see my mates head sink into his hands. Great game. Hard luck Eagles, see you next year. We face the Falcons next Saturday, that's gonna be tough...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

In fairness, I figured Vick had to go for it. I was telling my girlfriend that the eagles would either get a touchdown on a big play or not at all. I could be completely off here but from the Eagles games I've seen this year they're not great at scoring touchdowns from 10 yards or less. Their best bet was going for it from 30 yards out.

Just thinking there, if the Packers manage to win in Atlanta and the Seahawks take out the Bears again then the NFCCG will be in Qwest field, who could ever have predicted that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Just thinking there, if the Packers manage to win in Atlanta and the Seahawks take out the Bears again then the NFCCG will be in Qwest field, who could ever have predicted that?

Just saying...
    Pherekydes wrote: »
    Hilarious scenario: Seattle beats the Rams, hosts and beats the Saints, then shocks the Bears and then HOSTS the NFC Championship game (against the Packers, of course :pac:).

Honestly, I can't see the Seahawks beating the Bears, but then I couldn't see them beating the Saints, either. The old cliché applies: Any Given Sunday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just saying...

Honestly, I can't see the Seahawks beating the Bears, but then I couldn't see them beating the Saints, either. The old cliché applies: Any Given Sunday!

One thing's for sure - the Seahawks will go there with no fear and in their best form of the season. O-Line is settled and peaking at the right time, Lynch is getting yards on the ground and Hasselbeck looks healthy and sharp.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    One thing's for sure - the Seahawks will go there with no fear and in their best form of the season. O-Line is settled and peaking at the right time, Lynch is getting yards on the ground and Hasselbeck looks healthy and sharp.

A possibility, I agree.

More probable is that Seattle will be emotionally flat and physically spent, and are playing far from home, in possibly brutal weather conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A possibility, I agree.

More probable is that Seattle will be emotionally flat and physically spent, and are playing far from home, in possibly brutal weather conditions.

This is a possibility indeed. Even though PC is a proven winner at NCAA level, the BCS and NFL playoffs are two entirely different organisational/motivational beasts and that home game against the Saints may well have been a lot of guys' championship game.

I wouldn't consider the weather to be all that much a factor though; Seattle is hardly the Bahamas.

Just saying...

I don't see how you just rule it out like that when they went there are won this season already. It might be a case of them matching up well against them.

I don't see how you just rule it out like that when they went there are won this season already. It might be a case of them matching up well against them.

I'm not ruling it out categorically. I did say "Any Given Sunday", but 16 degrees in October is not -5 degrees in January. The Bears will be ready for them this time. I expect the Bears to cover the spread with something to spare.

P.S. It was 4 degrees in Seattle, hardly winter weather as far as the midwest is concerned.

Advertisement