Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Prices. Just say when...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

From Collapso today, seems that the volume and rate of drops is accelerating....

1000 drops in
    Limerick since 08/05/10 average -12.69%
    Cork since 20/10/10 average -6.5%
    Clare since 19/06/10 average -10.96%
    Dublin since 17/11/10 average -6.97%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Noticed a good few more entered my search criteria today haven't checked with propertybee that should put pressure of some of the others to drop unless the want to compete with houses that may be considered better locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

went to see a 3 bed semi in Raheen, Limerick.
    Average area. Rent 725 per month. Than EA kept telling me, there is another house 2 doors down the road for sale. Asking 175,000 but if you have cash I can get it for you at 135,000 ish...............She didn't know that I know that fella personally. He's a family friend and I know he initially paid 230,000 for that house 3 years ago.

Now you can calculate drop. Sorry weak in maths.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

jimmmy wrote: »
    I do not want to be nosey - but is the property an apartment or house , is it city or rural location, is it new-ish or very old ? An 80% drop in price is something else.
    It's only worth what someone will pay for it of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

confuzed wrote: »
    Average area. Rent 725 per month. Than EA kept telling me, there is another house 2 doors down the road for sale. Asking 175,000 but if you have cash I can get it for you at 135,000 ish...............She didn't know that I know that fella personally. He's a family friend and I know he initially paid 230,000 for that house 3 years ago.

That would represent circa 41% drop in price from what your friend paid for it confuzed and if you were to get it for €135,000. Is the house in a decent location and does it need any work out of curiosity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

confuzed wrote: »

That could be a worrying accurate description of some Stoneybatter areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

look at ten houses in the area on daft ie, 3bed semi d, some houses are being put on market for price x, the owner does,nt want to sell .THEY are not being realistic, ie banks are trying to keep prices at higher levels, i see empty 3bed houses going for 140 k, no ones looking at them.I ,M not an expert on the limerick area ,im just commenting on prices in country areas, outside dublin.IE the banks dont wanna sell vacant houses for 100k, it would bring down the average price of the market.
    if person x bought a house for 230k, thats irrelevant, a house is worth what someone will pay for it in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

ricman wrote: »
    look at ten houses in the area on daft ie, 3bed semi d, some houses are being put on market for price x, the owner does,nt want to sell .THEY are not being realistic, ie banks are trying to keep prices at higher levels, i see empty 3bed houses going for 140 k, no ones looking at them.I ,M not an expert on the limerick area ,im just commenting on prices in country areas, outside dublin.IE the banks dont wanna sell vacant houses for 100k, it would bring down the average price of the market.
    if person x bought a house for 230k, thats irrelevant, a house is worth what someone will pay for it in 2011.

Sure just look at Kildare asking prices for detached bungalows etc....some alright deals, but the windows of Naas estate agent's have still a lot of €595+ houses!

Advertisement