Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birds falling from sky in states

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Looks like the closing bracket ] is included in the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Is it possible that this sort of thing ( a few dozen or a hundred) happens often, but because of one big one (arkansas) they're all being reported now???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

i think the name of the thread "birds falling from sky in states" is very apt because they are in an awful state,their dead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Is it possible that this sort of thing ( a few dozen or a hundred) happens often, but because of one big one (arkansas) they're all being reported now???

I'd put a slightly different slant on it. Some of these events had been reported already and more or less ignored ~ I know I did and as I revisit I see that everything is being re-reported.

I also think that their is foul play in the Arkansas birds deaths too, just not yet discovered.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

gbee wrote: »
    I also think that their is fowl play in the Arkansas birds deaths too, just not yet discovered.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

a googly maps of them here.

personally i think it's awful like the ground track you see from satellite or shuttle orbits, but that's probably just the conspiricy theorist in me! :D

there's probably loads more in remote areas or even out at sea we'll never hear of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm not into the conspiracy theory business but I came across these on another site. I'm not sure if they're are on your google map but if not you might like to add them. :D

Edited out because none of them were working. Must be the alphabet gang at work. :D

I found two dead crows in my field . . wonder why that wasn't reported? :P

Huge over reaction to all this i think . .:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Probably not connected, but wasn't there over 30 dead whales found on a beach in Donegal last month?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irishjest

Possible imminent activity on the "New Madrid Fault"

Also, the floods in Oz could be down to the indo/Oz plates rising, hence spilling rivers inland. The Coarl sea Bouys are reporting it.

There is tectonic activity all around the world at the moment, more than usual... England last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

I'm not into the conspiracy theory business but I came across these on another site. I'm not sure if they're are on your google map but if not you might like to add them. :D

Edited out because none of them were working. Must be the alphabet gang at work. :D
    well it not my map, i found it on teh interwebs!

now, tell me more about this alphabet gang. Is that who stole all my fridge magnets?

KD345 wrote: »
    Probably not connected, but wasn't there over 30 dead whales found on a beach in Donegal last month?

There were, but it's a regular occurance with that type of whale, just not normally on the irish coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

I found two dead crows in my field . . wonder why that wasn't reported? :P

because John Gormley would arrest you for shooting them

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    because John Gormley would arrest you for shooting them

Me? Shoot crows? Never! (Besides, even if i did, my aim would be so bad i'd be more worried about people on the ground if i was shooting crows :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭gkell1

I have seen it happen South of Maatsuyker Island,Tasmania where shearwaters will fly headlong into a boat with its lights on,only happens at a certain time of the year but the sight is amazing for those who have seen it.Don't know if it is the same thing but it does happen -

'Inspiration for Hitchcock's Iconic Horror Film “The Birds”'
    "The birds' tendency to crash land, combined with a fluke of nature, provided the inspiration for Alfred Hitchcock. On August 17, 1961, seaside residents of Santa Cruz County California were awakened at 3 a.m. Thousands of Sooty Shearwaters became disoriented after feeding on fish who had consumed a naturally occurring toxic algae, came ashore and crashed into buildings, and trees. The event captured the attention of the movie maker, who called the local newspaper and requested a copy of the article describing the bird invasion. He reportedly used real life elements of the event in the film about millions of birds invading a small town and terrifying its residents. The movie was released in 1963."

http://www.suite101.com/content/sooty-shearwaters-amazing-migration-a171341

It is disconcerting to see birds deliberately crashing and something which I will never forget.

http://beforeitsnews.com/story/342/045/Italy_Thousands_Of_doves_Are_dying_at_this_moment.html - conspiracy theory site
    There are certainly many hundreds, probably thousands, the collared dove who are dying at this moment in Faenza. They are in heaps in the flower beds, crushed by machinery in the streets, horribly hung from trees like Christmas balls. Many, many more, say the property information in the fenced land for industrial use.

The WWF has other collections, not all already dead. A dozen, in fact, have been sent to the Center of Recovery The Robin of Modena, where those arriving are still alive but died shortly after. Over all a mystery. Inside the beak, in some animals, the staining was of a strange blue.

What could have caused it? Both the Doves collected by the Forestry that those sent by the WWF to the Center of Modena, have been delivered to 'Istituto Zooprofilattico Emilia Romagna and Lombardy. Nobody, however, you want to say and for the analysis may take a week. Turtledove is possible that the death of a stomach ache ...? So someone would have argued (see article GeaPress). In general, the blue is a sign of hypoxia, caused for example by suffocation. The bluish tint, however, is also typical of potassium cyanide, a deadly poison used, for example, from poachers. Cyanide, however, also causes hypoxia, .... maybe a dove with an upset stomach dies suffocated. Another poison appears bluish in some types of rat poison grains. Of course I believe that the Doves have died choking, it is a bit 'difficult. And why only them? On the site there are only them, but the pigeons in other places likely to eat the same seed meets certain industries to be stacked in Faenza? They do not die from choking?

Yesterday, the Forest Service is back in place to continue the investigation and make further levies on products stored near the areas where the die-off occurred.

A blurt is the WWF of Faenza and its President George Sunset point the finger right on the controls of the City and County, in its very poor. According to Sunset, in those places, is not the first time you record these die-offs. The Collared Dove is practically the only species that will go there, and promptly dies.

" Never before this year - says Tramonti - the one that occurred in these days is a memory at least not "normal." It's about time to clarify these indigestion ... We also call on citizens to immediately counter the WWF headquarters in Faenza any infringement on the environment and animals . "

Of course the Doves, to see photos of the Forest in the previous article GeaPress spread, people flocked to, a sign of the wide availability of food and the possible nuisance caused by their droppings. To be sure, but if you work in those factories seeds or parts thereof for human consumption, should be prevented from contact with animals. Who knows. Meanwhile, the Doves die. (GEAPRESS - Reproduction prohibited without citing the source).

Seems like the usual crap giggle translation.

now, tell me more about this alphabet gang. Is that who stole all my fridge magnets?

I picked this up from an AH link the other day. They're the CIA, FBI, FEMA etc. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Well it's not just birds! Mass animals deaths. Since Jan 5.

This is from Google Maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b

Sorry if this is posted already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I remember reading on rte news website about 'biblical floods' in Australia a few days ago! thats the words they used,
    end times? :p

• Advertisement

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Well it's not just birds! Mass animals deaths. Since Jan 5.

This is from Google Maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b

Sorry if this is posted already.

Even after 100 years, the near obliteration of tilefish was burned into the memory of the the longline fisherman of Eastern Long Island, New York as part of their heritage when many tens of thousands of tons of fish covered the surface of the seas from New England to Delaware -

http://books.google.ie/books?id=gikDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA374&lpg=PA374&dq=tilefish+1882&source=bl&ots=2_-v43_gHZ&sig=KcDiBZAFNYI64wskU-InYDGVAko&hl=en&ei=iComTZvJBseZhQf3hamhAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0C

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1046/j.1365-2419.1999.00092.x/abstract

Fish are one of the most sensitive to maritime temperature fluctuations but what happened with the death of so many tilefish must have been pretty dramatic,sort of a maritime version of a Tunguska event in a sense of it abruptness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

I think, this thread is the only remaining talk of this phenomenon. Is it time we moved on or are we gonna wait till there's a minor earthquake in the Qatar or somewhere in mid July and then comment "I knew it was a sign"??????

jarvis wrote: »
    I think, this thread is the only remaining talk of this phenomenon. Is it time we moved on or are we gonna wait till there's a minor earthquake in the Qatar or somewhere in mid July and then comment "I knew it was a sign"??????

Even in living memory,the migration patterns of fish have changed due to some aspect of ocean currents and temperatures so although the issue of dead birds or dead fish may be isolated incidents with nothing to do with global climate,the appearance and disappearance of species from geographical locations,sometimes abrupt,is extremely fascinating and nothing to walk away from.The appearance of those magnificent giant bluefin off the West coast in the 1980's is a case in point -

http://www.broadhavencharters.ie/deep-sea-angling.html

The media savvy here could equally blow up local meteorological events to look like symptoms of global climate but for a person interested in climate,it is far more productive to take a wider view first while taking note of abrupt events or patterns rather than ignore them.

gkell1 wrote: »
    Even in living memory,the migration patterns of fish have changed due to some aspect of ocean currents and temperatures so although the issue of dead birds or dead fish may be isolated incidents with nothing to do with global climate,the appearance and disappearance of species from geographical locations,sometimes abrupt,is extremely fascinating and nothing to walk away from.The appearance of those magnificent giant bluefin off the West coast in the 1980's is a case in point -

http://www.broadhavencharters.ie/deep-sea-angling.html

The media savvy here could equally blow up local meteorological events to look like symptoms of global climate but for a person interested in climate,it is far more productive to take a wider view first while taking note of abrupt events or patterns rather than ignore them.

Nicely put. :) It is fascinating and deserves attention.

From IV&E Blog
    Carl le Strange on müsli says:
    January 7, 2011 at 00:21
    Yes it was hilarious, but on the other hand, it is easy for us to laugh since we have a bit of knowledge and have been studying it hard. Ontop of that we have Jón with good info on what is happening.
    So we know that part of the increase of quakes are due to better and more SIL-equipment, we know about frost-quakes (happens in northern scandinavia too), and about other things. But if we didn’t we would also go more wrong (and we, or at least I, do go wrong from time to time).
    I am just surprised that they don’t go off more. I thought a good survivalist blog-post would have contained Katla as a part of “The Man” testing new weapons

PS, we’ve had a case of spontaineous bird-death in Sweden now. Same species of birds, same tiny area with a bucket load of dead birds. Apparantly they all died from blunt force trauma that some scientist dude said was caused by fireworks. And there was when even I started to say things about “The Man”. If they would have died from fireworks it should have been on new years eve, not five days later… DS.

If this guy finds it weird then I do too. He's normally a hard line skeptic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

It's started here now.......just passed a dead cat and two dead rabbits:eek:.

Ali Babba wrote: »
    It's started here now.......just passed a dead cat and two dead rabbits:eek:.

If you don't post in the next 12 hours, I'll send out the coroner. ;)

weather radar shows something unusual night birds fell in Arkansas.

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=137071&catid=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Thousands of turtle doves drop dead from the sky in Italy http://bit.ly/h0QXQf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Not sure if this was posted but it shows a lot of these mass die offs over the years. In most cases there is a reason.

However I don't see any with the sheer volume like we saw recently with hundreds of thousands of fish etc. It also only covers the US.

Advertisement