Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Pro Team Kit & Bikes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Haldir

niceonetom wrote: »
    Their scarf bill alone must run to thousands.

508538_M23.jpg

There'll be alive streamed press conference at 7pm GMT which, if you want to follow you should get out more click here. Maybe there'll be more sponsors forthcoming.

Anyone else think they all look like cast members of 'Oliver' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

Once you get used to their new kit it's actually not that bad. I liked their bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

TK10_Madone_Leopard_7eights_mk_CMYK.preview_500.jpg

Is it possible to schleck your chain on Di2?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,037 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

In theory, "the front derailleur performs the inward shift from the big ring in two parts, effectively eliminating dropped chains."

In practice, it is possible.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Nice paintjob on those Treks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Skil - Shimano:

Albert_Timmer_2011_gr.jpg

I'd ride this bike.

TK10_SpeedConcept_Leopard_7eights_mk_CMYK.jpg

EDIT: are the wheels rebranded? HEDS maybe?

el tonto wrote: »
    Skil - Shimano

Unnecessary meddling with a classic. Don't like the green at all.

are the wheels rebranded? HEDS maybe?

Not exactly - they're Bontrager Aeolus, however Steve HED designs at least some of Bontrager's wheels so there is some depth of collaboration.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Lumen wrote: »
    In practice, it is possible.

the way schleck changes gear who knows ;)
    Skil - Shimano:

not digging the green stripes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

I'd ride this bike.

TK10_SpeedConcept_Leopard_7eights_mk_CMYK.jpg

EDIT: are the wheels rebranded? HEDS maybe?

That button on the inner side of the left middle bar of the bike. Is that famous Cancellara's speed booster ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

omri wrote: »
    That button on the inner side of the left middle bar of the bike. Is that famous Cancellara's speed booster ?

It is indeed; it's technical name is the "gear shifter". Mental stuff is going on in cycling these days... Just look at the background of the pic, it's all dark 'n' stuff. Creepy.

removing tongue from cheek now

omri wrote: »

No, those are the shifters. Di2 allows multiple shift buttons so the rider can change gear while on the aerobars or on the base bar. I'd say that a marginal but significant advantage at the top level.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭'68 Fastback

I'd say that a marginal but significant advantage at the top level.

Is that Dave Brailsford "Marginal" or do you think it actually benefits the rider?!

'68 wrote:
    Is that Dave Brailsford "Marginal" or do you think it actually benefits the rider?!

The obvious benefit is that you can change gear out of the saddle. This is a significant benefit on a fast hilly time trial.

At club level the TTs I've done have been either pancake flat (where you'd use a TT bike) or hillclimbs (where you'd use a road bike with clipons).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lux-three.jpg

team leopard
    dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,dull,

you think they would have come up with something better, this should have been the new jersey (and bike)

bettiniphoto_0065203_1_full_600.jpg

oh yes and all this tru racing sh1te give it a rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Its The Schlecks from Luxembourg. WTF did/are you expecting!

bcmf wrote: »

good point :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

bcmf wrote: »

Seeing how Frank pays Spanish gynaecologists 10k for "training advice" I would have thought he would have been more minded towards a riskier jersey :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Good luck to the commentators trying to tell the difference between Garvelo, Sky, Leopard and to a lesser extent Saxobank next year!

If they can perfect the technology, maybe a Sims-type arrow plus the name of the GC contender in those teams named above.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Good luck to the commentators trying to tell the difference between Garvelo, Sky, Leopard and to a lesser extent Saxobank next year!

If they can perfect the technology, maybe a Sims-type arrow plus the name of the GC contender in those teams named above.;)

If they all had license plates we could clearly identify them before they ride off into the distance. Damn road tax dodgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Have to say I like the jersey. Are they love handles I see on Cancellara? :eek:

Maybe he is pacing himself to win LBL and Lombardia this year.

Liquigas go white:

bettiniphoto_0065426_1_full_600.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You got my hopes up, then I opened the image. (I'm on mobile)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Leopard still don't have a main sponsor I see. I wonder how that's going to go for them. They no doubt have a hefty wage bill.

This piece
    in the Boulder Report explains the current funding situation. Businessman Flavio Becca is the team's main backer, which means in theory they shouldn't need a main sponsor. Still, the sponsor sized hole on those jerseys indicates that they expected to land one or at least hope to get one soon.

I see Twitter are one of Radioshack's sponsors this year.

142972.JPG

More stuff on the Leopard sponsorship issue. Looks like Belgacom might have pulled out on them as a headline sponsor.

• Advertisement

Lampre:

renner_7481.jpg

Advertisement