Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2011 Pro Team Kit & Bikes

Options
  • 04-01-2011 3:36pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Teams are slowly unveiling their new kits for next year. Here's a few I've spotted already:

Saxo Bank goes for light blue:
    ny_6323_l.jpg

HTC - High Road lose the fake abs and go for a simpler look:
    4002-portrait.jpg

Garmin - Cervelo is more Cervelo than Garmin:
    2011_TGC.SS.Kit.announced.500w1.jpg_e_130a5cffbe2e509a51974a6373474991.jpg

Quick Step add a dash of red:
    20103028_140783_600.jpg

Katusha adds more than a dash of red:
    rodriguez_600.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Movistar (formerly Caisse d'Eparnge):
    155737_178309262187064_175073429177314_578680_5610544_n_600.jpg

Bianchi Adroni Giocattoli:
    2011-bianchi-pro-team-adroni-giocattoli-cycling-kit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,057 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

That HTC kit is f'ing awful. Black shorts with a white jersey is so un-pro.

Garmin is nice.

I thought Katusha were going to be using DT 40/60 wheels on their Focuses.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Lumen wrote: »
    I thought Katusha were going to be using DT 40/60 wheels on their Focuses.

I read before that Vision are their new wheel sponsor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

The movistar kit is a bit meh, but their bikes are likely to inspire envy. How does a few dozen pinerello dogmas with campy electronic 11 speed sound?

niceonetom wrote: »
    The movistar kit is a bit meh, but their bikes are likely to inspire envy. How does a few dozen pinerello dogmas with campy electronic 11 speed sound?

Custom wheel decals too.

15661317944776540654717.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭cipo

Out in thebikehub in Howth, tried on the new Specialized lid seen above on cav and pinotti... It's outrageously light!!!

Not sure on the style factor but it's super light barely know it's there!!

Garmin gear looks way too like sky!! Not sure sky will change anything except for fonts when in Italy!!

Brammeier's Irish champ kit isn't bad!

garmincervelo1.jpg?w=700&h=300

The Garmin-Cervelo isn't as ugly as it might have been though I'm not sure if that's a genuine pic.

Hmmm, yes, the red doesn't really go with the kit. You'd think the bike would be black and blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

None of them doing too much for me tbh, I won't be rushing out to buy any of them

HTC one is utterly rank.

Saxobank would be nice but looks like someone accidentally left a blue sock in the wash.

Garmin is inoffensive but not too exciting, I really liked the old argyle one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Junior

The HTC one is very retro .. I quiet like it, the Garvelo one just seems lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I like the new HTC one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Junior

18_600.jpgDenHertog_Fedor_20101219181239.jpg

el tonto wrote: »
    I read before that Vision are their new wheel sponsor.

Ah, I was going from here:

http://www.focus-bikes.com/int/en/bikes/bikes-2011/category/racing-bikes-3/model/izalco-team.html

...but it looks like the wheels on those are clinchers which wouldn't make any sense on a team bike.

Regarding the HTC - the jersey's fine, it's just those shorts I have a problem with. The white Specialized symbol near the crotch is plain dodgy looking.

Regarding the HTC - the jersey's fine, it's just those shorts I have a problem with. The white Specialized symbol near the crotch is plain dodgy looking.

I expect that is the classics shorts. No doubt there will be a white version for the sunnier races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭dave.obrien

garmincervelo1.jpg?w=700&h=300

The Garmin-Cervelo isn't as ugly as it might have been though I'm not sure if that's a genuine pic.

Is it just me or is there something weird going on with the shifters here... Is there a sram red badge on a shimano lever?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Black and amber, classy colours.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

el tonto wrote: »

15661317944776540654717.jpg

Love the bike but christ almighty look at the decor in the background :eek:

Katusha jersey is my pick

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭superrdave

sy wrote: »
    Love the bike but christ almighty look at the decor in the background :eek:

Katusha jersey is my pick

Everyone knows a true cyclist's home is a velour heaven.

Doesn't hurt near the same as leather or fabric if you sit on it with road rash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

Any word on new team set up by Schlecks ? Will they start in any of big tours ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

The new Luxemborg/Schleck team is ranked as the number 1 team in the world on it's rider rankings and will have a protour license, so yes, they will start all of the major races.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭omri

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    The new Luxemborg/Schleck team is ranked as the number 1 team in the world on it's rider rankings and will have a protour license, so yes, they will start all of the major races.

Do they have website or any sneak peak on their colors/bikes etc available anywhere in the web ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Everyone seems to be moving to SRAM now. Liquigas have ditched campagnolo:

1294138622973-wmg0fvsubyjw-950-75.jpg

1294138803187-8438t90dfrgl-500-90-500-70.jpg

I am starting to question their euroness!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Liquigas have ditched campagnolo:

Porca madonna, non ci credo!

Omega Pharma - Lotto:

bettiniphoto_0065121_1_full_600.jpg

Maybe it looks better in the flesh.

Supposedly these are leaked pics of what the leopard-trek team will be wearing:

142207.JPG

142208.JPG

The boring bastards. They should have gone with something like this, only with spots instead of stripes.

28.jpg

Leopard still don't have a main sponsor I see. I wonder how that's going to go for them. They no doubt have a hefty wage bill.

Their scarf bill alone must run to thousands.

508538_M23.jpg

There'll be alive streamed press conference at 7pm GMT which, if you want to follow you should get out more click here. Maybe there'll be more sponsors forthcoming.

The boring bastards. They should have gone with something like this, only with spots instead of stripes.

This?

(warning: may cause emotional distress)

• Advertisement

This?

(warning: may cause emotional distress)

My god that site has some awful shíte.

Advertisement