Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideas to improve the Irish economy

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Bill2673 wrote: »
    right wing rich bast#rd eh? I wish.

So making the country more competitive by cutting what is still one of the highest minimum wages in Europe won't help the economy......and forcing whatever wealthy people we have left out of the country will help the economy....these are the much vilified people who, oh well they pay 80% of our tax revenue, but don't let that distract your from the fact that they are bast#rds...

yeah that'll work....but sure what do I know, I'm just a bast#ard (not rich though).

Here's one for you. Our social welfare is higher than portugals minimum wage. People get more on the dole here than than they do in our EU neighbour for working at minimum wage....in fact its about 10% higher. So why should industry move here exactly, and not to portugal. You want to create jobs? In that environment?

You can't just pick one thing and compare use to every country in europe, that's ilthought of really.

What about the cost of living? Don't mention that because it won't strenghten your argument. Portugal is slightly cheaper than Ireland, so is most of europe.

Benchmarking pay against britain, yea... good one :rolleyes:

Advertisement