Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat friends?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'd say whats much more likely is you make it clear you don't like how you look so people don't want to force you into pictures. I've one friend who is obviously really, really self conscious about how she looks and like if she wants to get in the picture she can but I'm not going to put her on the spot. I have another friend who does go on at her to get in the photo and it just comes off as patronizing and annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    Have you considered that if they take a photo of you there simply may be no space left for anyone else to fit into the frame?

this indicates a bad photographer

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    Have you considered that if they take a photo of you there simply may be no space left for anyone else to fit into the frame?

Wow, harsh. It's not AH...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hey OP, is there any chance that in the past you've maybe given off the vibe that you don't like or want to be in pictures because you just don't like having your picture taken? Your friends might just feel that you don't want to get your picture taken, so they're not going to embarrass you by dragging you into pictures.

If that's not the case, why don't you just take your own camera out the next night and make a point of getting people into pictures with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

mariebeth wrote: »
    Hey OP, is there any chance that in the past you've maybe given off the vibe that you don't like or want to be in pictures because you just don't like having your picture taken? Your friends might just feel that you don't want to get your picture taken, so they're not going to embarrass you by dragging you into pictures.

the words nail and head come to mind, id bet 100% thats what it is. Jesus id hate to be a girl, you women and your vibes, if it were men we would just talk about it, and by talk about i mean have pints :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Personally i like a girl with some cushion for a bitta pushing. I was going out with a health freak once and cuddling up and all felt like i was cuddling up to a bag of bones it was disgusting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Genuinely, I'm very rarely asked to be in a photo. And any photo I'm in is not posted on fb.

One of my friends is fairly big, maybe a size twenty ... an absolutely gorgeous girl, by the way. But she's very self-conscious about her looks, and particularly about her weight. Anytime we try to get her into a photo, she begs us not to and does her best to hide behind people ... so now, I wouldn't really ask her to get in one, as I don't want to make her feel uncomfortable.

And if I take a photo of her or indeed of any of my friends, where they look fat, or have their eyes closed and mouth open, or have a double chin, or are just looking like crap, or whatever, I don't put it up on Facebook because I'm just not mean like that! And because I'd hate it if someone did that to me (and it's happened plenty of times.)

And yes, if you are fat, it's more likely that you'll look fat in pictures and therefore it's more likely that your friends, out of niceness, will choose not to put a photo that they know you'll hate up on Facebook. I'm not trying to be harsh or nasty or anything! Some people are just more photogenic than others, and no one wants horrible photos of themselves posted up and tagged on Facebook. If your friends choose not to put up photos of you, chances are it's out of sympathy and niceness - no weird ulterior motives.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

projectgtr wrote: »
    look i dont know what to say tbh , what do you want to achieve by this thread?? do you want people just to agree with you? do you want people say, right they arent your friends??

I didn't want to achieve anything - I was just making an observation!

That's probably it alright.

Thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement